There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Every year the 9ers have the chance to beat a good team....

And its always the same result. The Saints last year, the Vikings 2 years ago. They have not had a significant win against a good team since they beat the Giants in the playoffs in 2002. They cant turn the corner and beat a good team.

There is no longer a reason to be optimisitc about ALMOST beating a good team. They have proven that nothing has changed in the past 9 years. They cannot FINISH.
agreed
Cause we never go for the kill...
THIS!
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Cause we never go for the kill...

There's something to be said for that.

Personally, I focus on the pass rush: We never get that clutch sack and frequently fail to put heat on the QB during those invariably looong, backbreaking drives.
Status Quo on games lost in the 4TH quarter. We've been blowing games in the 4th quarter since the days of Tim Rattay's killer interceptions. Really disappointed. I thought the defense was very soft in the secondary. Witten and Austin were open the entire game. I get up for a second and I came back to yet another receiver open to end the game. Alot of work yet to be done for this squad. Need much more offense. Braylon out, Gore a non factor. I'm baffled...what's with not getting Vernon in the game? Well maybe we can get one in Cincy.
[ Edited by LanceQ on Sep 18, 2011 at 5:07 PM ]
I just dont understand why we play so damn conservative!...and yes, this goes hand and hand with us not going for the kill!
falcons last year too
if we had braylon i have no doubt in my mind we wouldve won in the first drive he played great then got injured like on the 4th play or something

when braylon and crabtree come back we are a playoff team
I bet if we win next week everyone here is going to say harbaugh is god and we will be a superbowl winning team
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
if we had braylon i have no doubt in my mind we wouldve won in the first drive he played great then got injured like on the 4th play or something

when braylon and crabtree come back we are a playoff team

Amen. Vernon was shut out and we were relying on f**king Ted Ginn. I really like the positives out of this game. Best three hours of entertainment I've gotten out of the 49ers for a long time.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I bet if we win next week everyone here is going to say harbaugh is god and we will be a superbowl winning team

Because no matter who the coach is, we always seem to go to the run, run, pass, punt offense in the 4th quarter even with the smallest leads. Good/playoff teams know how to take advantage of that.
I can't even read this stuff right now---I am sort of depressed.