There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Justin Smith, the best 3-4 DE in the NFL appreciation thread

Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by thl408:
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2014/07/23/justin-smith-feeling-healthy-now-after-offseason-shoulder-surgery/

Turns out Justin Smith, the 49ers' top defensive linemen, coped all last season with a shoulder injury he sustained in training camp. "It was what it was," Smith said Wednesday as the 49ers opened training camp. "It feels good now. They can fix you. That's a good thing."

I was not aware he was playing with a busted shoulder all year during 13-14.

Another reason to feel excitement over this coming season.

Kinda starting to feel like the perfect storm.....

This. Not worried about Justin Smith. He has old man strength. Still the best 3-4 DE not named J.J. Watt.
Love the T-Shirt. Baddass
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by thl408:
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2014/07/23/justin-smith-feeling-healthy-now-after-offseason-shoulder-surgery/

Turns out Justin Smith, the 49ers' top defensive linemen, coped all last season with a shoulder injury he sustained in training camp. "It was what it was," Smith said Wednesday as the 49ers opened training camp. "It feels good now. They can fix you. That's a good thing."

I was not aware he was playing with a busted shoulder all year during 13-14.

Another reason to feel excitement over this coming season.

Kinda starting to feel like the perfect storm.....

This. Not worried about Justin Smith. He has old man strength. Still the best 3-4 DE not named J.J. Watt.

Justin Smith is one of my all time favorite Niners. But he will be 35 yrs old when the season starts which is pretty much a senior citizen by NFL standards and this will be his 14th season. Interior linemen (especially good ones with a non stop motor like Smith) take a serious beating every week. I'm very worried that he will suffer another injury that will prevent him from playing to his full potential.
  • DeUh
JS's shirt above says Sack Francisco

love this guys !
I needs me one a those son!! Tell Skuta n Bow ta print them s**ts up nooooaaaw! They could make a killin on those bruh.
Originally posted by DeUh:

That's Grant Cohn behind Justin. He thinks he's got a really good look, but someone should tell him "hey Grant the mid-'90s called, they want their hairstyle back." The guy just looks like a major douche that missed out on his youth. His pic on the blog he writes looks like a respectable, legitimate journalist while his current look is like he's trying to relive his skateboarding days of 1994.
Beast!
Originally posted by AUniner:

"Sack Francisco."

Gotta get one of those shirts!
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by AUniner:

"Sack Francisco."

Gotta get one of those shirts!

Sold out....damnit!!!!

Need more!!!
Romo giving big praise to Cowboy: http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2014/09/03/romo-among-first-to-spot-49ers-rise-to-prominence/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

"Their respect across the league is at the highest level. Justin Smith might have been the best player in the NFL over the course of the last five years.

I know he gets a lot of pub about it, but when I watch tape he might have been the defensive player of the year for about three years in a row there."

We need to change the thread title tbh

He's not JJ Watt
Originally posted by xela510:
We need to change the thread title tbh

He's not JJ Watt

You mean JJ Watt is no Justin Smith
There are a lot of "If's" but I can definitely see him coming back for one more season.
Justin hustle play strip of Michael Vick is the turning point for the 49ers becoming a contending team again imho.