LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 239 users in the forums

Justin Smith, one of the all-time best 49er defensive linemen appreciation thread.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by cciowa:
i am leaning to this as well,, perhaps he has already told the front office and it is under wraps. i think no matter what country does, we will still get a nice pass rusher somewhere along the line in the draft. fred is right, country really has earned the right to do what he wants,, it sounds like the head coach agrees

cowboy. Cowboy! COWBOY!!! C-O-W-B-O-Y!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahaha,, i am sorry. when that stuff happens, i just can not let it go,.,. i am sorry
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Yes. Mind you we have had some epic FA signings and trades over the years. Aside from Smith, Tim MacDonald and Steve Young spring to mind, not forgetting Garrison Hearst.

we had to sign tim mcdonald,, the fans were going nuts over the loss of lott, the team had to move quick to try to calm down the masses!. charlie garner was a good signing and of course guys like walt harris who was a real bright spot in the bad days
i am leaning to this as well,, perhaps he has already told the front office and it is under wraps. i think no matter what country does, we will still get a nice pass rusher somewhere along the line in the draft. fred is right, country really has earned the right to do what he wants,, it sounds like the head coach agrees

hahaha,, i am sorry. when that stuff happens, i just can not let it go,.,. i am sorry

No your not...you do it on purpose, I have seen someone correct you on it a million times and you still do it and watch peoples heads explode.

.....and it is funny every time.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

No your not...you do it on purpose, I have seen someone correct you on it a million times and you still do it and watch peoples heads explode.

you still find some people to this day who have no clue why i do that. wow when he first said that on tv, my daughter almost jumped through the phone to call me and vent!! playoff game vs seattle last year right? or maybe he was the cowboys game this year?? you are right , as usual, philly,, part of me says i will really really try not to do that any more, but the evil side of me just can not help it

you still find some people to this day who have no clue why i do that. wow when he first said that on tv, my daughter almost jumped through the phone to call me and vent!! playoff game vs seattle last year right? or maybe he was the cowboys game this year?? you are right , as usual, philly,, part of me says i will really really try not to do that any more, but the evil side of me just can not help it

I think its funny.

I know why you do it; we've discussed it numerous times before. I just don't much care for Aikman, and I don't see any drawbacks to typing a little apesh!t on the anonymous internet. You should try it sometime (it's cathartic ), without geting banned, though.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Starting to suspect he will skip training camp or come in the last couple of weeks. It isn't unheard of for a guy with his time in the league to want to play but not want to go through the offseason.

I could see this too...take care of that back and just keep working out like he's doing, etc. Maybe play the final two pre season games to tune up?

I'm w/you guys.

We don't know what's being said in private and maybe they've come to an understanding in that regard.

I hope so. If something isn't made public before the draft my suspicion is they have a deal in place.

Then, all they're doing is letting him show up so it doesn't appear he's skipping camp but made a late decision,

Didn't Strahan do that his final season?

He sure did....and the Giants won the Super Bowl that year.
Originally posted by SaksV:
Starting to suspect he will skip training camp or come in the last couple of weeks. It isn't unheard of for a guy with his time in the league to want to play but not want to go through the offseason.

I could see this too...take care of that back and just keep working out like he's doing, etc. Maybe play the final two pre season games to tune up?

I'm w/you guys.

We don't know what's being said in private and maybe they've come to an understanding in that regard.

I hope so. If something isn't made public before the draft my suspicion is they have a deal in place.

Then, all they're doing is letting him show up so it doesn't appear he's skipping camp but made a late decision,

It's destiny...
Yes. Mind you we have had some epic FA signings and trades over the years. Aside from Smith, Tim MacDonald and Steve Young spring to mind, not forgetting Garrison Hearst.

we had to sign tim mcdonald,, the fans were going nuts over the loss of lott, the team had to move quick to try to calm down the masses!. charlie garner was a good signing and of course guys like walt harris who was a real bright spot in the bad days

We were able to squeeze a little more out of Larry Allen also
Originally posted by SaksV:

I'm w/you guys.

It's destiny...

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

got one good year out of bruce, got a good year maybe two out of carlos rogers,. not sure if it is just luck but we seemingly find guys, give them a change of scenery and they do very well. then we seem to know when to get rid of them and many times they just never repeat what they did with us or in the case of allen and bruce just retire.

got one good year out of bruce, got a good year maybe two out of carlos rogers,. not sure if it is just luck but we seemingly find guys, give them a change of scenery and they do very well. then we seem to know when to get rid of them and many times they just never repeat what they did with us or in the case of allen and bruce just retire.

Hopefully that's what happens w/Bush. I don't have a lot of confidence that Simpson can avoid his own pattern of stupidity. I am not ready for Cowboy to retire just yet. I think this young defense would really benefit from his presence.

Hopefully that's what happens w/Bush. I don't have a lot of confidence that Simpson can avoid his own pattern of stupidity. I am not ready for Cowboy to retire just yet. I think this young defense would really benefit from his presence.

Me either.

If we draft a DE/DT prospect, the guy would be learning from one of the best!
There's some weirdness going on with Justin Smith's non-announcement of what he's doing. Maybe there's some plan in place for him to be on his own abbreviated off-season program apart from the team and the Niners just don't want anybody to know what the hell is going on. OTOH he could be simply taking his sweet time to decide whether he plays one more year and we as fans are way more worried about it than management and coaches are.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
There's some weirdness going on with Justin Smith's non-announcement of what he's doing. Maybe there's some plan in place for him to be on his own abbreviated off-season program apart from the team and the Niners just don't want anybody to know what the hell is going on. OTOH he could be simply taking his sweet time to decide whether he plays one more year and we as fans are way more worried about it than management and coaches are.

I think both your points are correct
Share 49ersWebzone