There are 177 users in the forums

Justin Smith, one of the all-time best 49er defensive linemen appreciation thread.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Trent Dilfer gave him major props on the ESPN post-game show...said he's the most underrated DL in the league. It's because he's played on losing teams...isn't flashy, just brings his lunch pail every game and works his butt off. To run down Maclin like he did, strip the ball was just pure butt-bustin' hustle. He's a winner...and just might finally be part of a winning football team.

Well said!
JS is an amazing player who plays a thankless position. He has been under the radar for too long.

I'm really happy he was able to get a game-sealing highlight that will get some national attention. He definitely deserves it!

There are two things I absolutely love about watching the Niners. I love watching Willis hit people. And I love watching Justin Smith's determination, grit, and hustle. It is so gratifying to me that in such a huge win Justin Smith was able to make such an outstanding play. In a second half filled with highlights, #94 is the ultimate hero. Bravo, Sir! Bravo!
That was one hell of a hustle play on the Maclin strip. That guy earns his paycheck every week.
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
That was one hell of a hustle play on the Maclin strip. That guy earns his paycheck every week.

When I saw him CHASE DOWN maclin, when even some of our dB's can't that was pure gold. There will definitely be some positive niner highlights for next years nfl commercials.

Instead of niners getting destroyed in the highlights in commercials.
is his contract up? If so, that needs to be fixed, pronto.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

2013, but I would extend him now, he has litterally no bonus money left, 500K workout bonuses, so I say extend him now.3yr extension thru 2016, 25M in new money.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

2013, but I would extend him now, he has litterally no bonus money left, 500K workout bonuses, so I say extend him now.3yr extension thru 2016, 25M in new money.

Good call AB, he has no bonus money, but he DAMN well deserves some!!!! Pay this man his money!!!

To me hes like a Bryant Young 2.0, humble veteran that works and plays his ass off, lets his play on the field do the talking.
Thank You Justin Smith !
One of the few things Mike Nolan did right...signing this guy off of FA. Helicopter rides, FTW!

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Good call AB, he has no bonus money, but he DAMN well deserves some!!!! Pay this man his money!!!

To me hes like a Bryant Young 2.0, humble veteran that works and plays his ass off, lets his play on the field do the talking.

thanks for the info AB. Yeah, extend him. It would send the same message as extending Gore: you do your job, you hustle, you get rewarded.
A true blue collar player who continues brings it on every damn play. Unbelievable the energy he puts into finishing each and every play. That chase down and ball stripping of Maclin shows just showcases the difference a player with that much hustle can make for the team. He leads by setting a great example ........ love the veteran influence he demonstrates to the younger players.

I love those undersized shoulder pads too , too funny. LOL
make sure this man retires as a 49er.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
make sure this man never retires

fixed
So many times J. Smith have been making plays to finish the games for us , whether it was a pressures, sacks, tackles, or causing a fumble.
Share 49ersWebzone