LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Justin Smith, one of the all-time best 49er defensive linemen appreciation thread.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by Baldie:
I think Smith will wait and see who coaches in 2015 before he decides. He's an older vet that probably does not want to learn all over again or be part of a D scheme he doesn't like. In that situation he probably retires. Honestly I think he comes back if Fangio is back but hard to say Fangio stays if Harbs leaves.

This situation kinda perplexes me. Some think Fangio will be gone if Harbaugh leaves, but I'd have to assume, that he's not going to stay with a partner that fetters himself to a dunce. I guess we'll find out in four to five more weeks.

We'll see what happens. I agree that the offense needs to change but I really don't want the D to change. If a whole new coaching regime steps in, I honestly think the D takes a step back. So much focus will go into fixing this offense, the D will slip. We all see that your not going to get anywhere without a solid defense and a good offense even though the current offense isn't even good. If the niners can find a way to keep Harbs/Fangio...and just find a different OC...then I think we have a chance at the SB next season at Levi's. That chances of that happening though is far off I think.
[ Edited by Baldie on Dec 9, 2014 at 12:02 PM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Alex Boone Seattle Post Game Interview

Q: What are you guys hoping to do in these final two games ?

Boone: Like you said, make a statement. Come out, just forget everything you know, just play football. And play with some of the greatest guys ever. Frank Gore. Justin Smith. These are guys that probably are not gonna be here next year. Fight for them you know.
yeah haven't seen much of the Ol' Cowboy this season
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I think he retires if his contract isn't that much next year.
Originally posted by Baldie:
I think Smith will wait and see who coaches in 2015 before he decides. He's an older vet that probably does not want to learn all over again or be part of a D scheme he doesn't like. In that situation he probably retires. Honestly I think he comes back if Fangio is back but hard to say Fangio stays if Harbs leaves.

You make allot of sense.
Harbaugh goes, Fangio and Cowboy are a package deal.
He has one year Left on his deal. He clearly hasn't been the same player this year but He's still been DAM GOOD this year. That just goes to show HOW FUNKING GOOD HE's BEEN for the 49ers since 2008 Clearly the Best 49er since 2008. Love Him Miss him and gonna be hard to be without him. I wish I could clone him, he is exactly what a defensive lineman in a dictionary should look like.
Originally posted by DeUh:

Boone: Like you said, make a statement. Come out, just forget everything you know, just play football. And play with some of the greatest guys ever. Frank Gore. Justin Smith. These are guys that probably are not gonna be here next year. Fight for them you know.

Yeah Boone. Fight for them now when you played like s**t all season and missed a majority of the training camp with a sore vagina.

NOW, you want to fight for them.

POS
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by DeUh:

Yeah Boone. Fight for them now when you played like s**t all season and missed a majority of the training camp with a sore vagina.

NOW, you want to fight for them.

POS

My question is....fight for what? Pride? What happen to the fight after the bye week?
  • buck
  • Veteran
In an article on TJE, MM said this:

"veteran defensive lineman Justin Smith appears to be leaning toward retirement"

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-reward-jerod-eddie-sticking-around

• JD81
  • Veteran
@Alex_Flanagan I'm hearing this will be 49ers DT Justin Smith's last game. Retirement looming after 14 yrs. in the NFL
Originally posted by JD81:
@Alex_Flanagan I'm hearing this will be 49ers DT Justin Smith's last game. Retirement looming after 14 yrs. in the NFL

His boy Harbaugh is gone. They are a package

Damn man he will be missed.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

His boy Harbaugh is gone. They are a package

He's actually NOLANS guy...lol. Gotta admit Mike Nolan did a good job with that helicopter ride over The City for justin smith.
Share 49ersWebzone