LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 166 users in the forums

Justin Smith, one of the all-time best 49er defensive linemen appreciation thread.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Justin Smith easily is/was better then Bryant Young. Bryant Young was very good but not a HOFer like Justi will be.

BY was the best defensive player in the league before he broke his leg (or tied with Reggie White & Deion), and he dominated from day 1 (JSmith took a while to be as good as he was).

Bryant Young couldn't sniff Brett Farve in the Playoffs year after year and he had 7th round draft pick OG Adam Timmermann blocking him. and all this was before that ugly injury. I'll take Justin 7 Days a week and 3 x on Sunday over Bryant Young. Justin was the Best defensive linemen of his generation.
Are you referring to a specific game? I don't remember BY getting schooled very much. I do remember BY flattening a lot of people.

Uh 1995 Playoffs, 1996 Playoffs, 1997 Playoffs...........
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
BY got a ring because of Deion Sanders. Once Sanders left for the Cowgirls, BY never really came close again. If Justin had Steve Young, Jerry Rice Ricky Watters on his offense instead of Carson Palmer, JT OSullivan, Alex Smith I'm sure he'd have a ring or 2 or 3 also.

had the team not begged tim harris to come out of retirement,, we would have had no pass rush which meant deon would have been less effective in my opinion that year
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
BY got a ring because of Deion Sanders. Once Sanders left for the Cowgirls, BY never really came close again. If Justin had Steve Young, Jerry Rice Ricky Watters on his offense instead of Carson Palmer, JT OSullivan, Alex Smith I'm sure he'd have a ring or 2 or 3 also.

trent not locking up sanders was the first in his long list of f**kups. but we just let him stay on
Originally posted by cciowa:
trent not locking up sanders was the first in his long list of f**kups. but we just let him stay on

Who?
Share 49ersWebzone