LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Official Bill Walsh Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
It just occurred to me with the changing talent on defenses these days, we missed someone like Delainie Walker. Dude was a swiss knife on the field --FB/HB/TE/WR.
Baalke should have paid Walker to keep him on the team. Our offense lost a bit of that unpredictability without him. He has the versatility to attack all level of the field.
hindsight, a lot of people were upset about his hands
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
It just occurred to me with the changing talent on defenses these days, we missed someone like Delainie Walker. Dude was a swiss knife on the field --FB/HB/TE/WR.
Baalke should have paid Walker to keep him on the team. Our offense lost a bit of that unpredictability without him. He has the versatility to attack all level of the field.

Not hindsight for me. I realized how much of Walker's versatility meant to our offense. From since 2010. And he kept improving every year. He dropped some dumb ones but his versatility trumped that.

Not hindsight for me. I realized how much of Walker's versatility meant to our offense. From since 2010. And he kept improving every year. He dropped some dumb ones but his versatility trumped that.
he didn't do anything, till his last year. up until then, thats all he was known for
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Feb 12, 2016 at 9:09 AM ]

But Vance

he didn't do anything, till his last year. up until then, thats all he was know for

You are going by stats. He was more than that. He helped with the running game also. With him on the field our offense has the ability to pass or run with out giving much away the intent of the play even on predictable downs. His stats, especially on receiving wasn't much since he was in between helping in the run game and playing behind VD.

he didn't do anything, till his last year. up until then, thats all he was know for

You are going by stats. He was more than that. He helped with the running game also. With him on the field our offense has the ability to pass or run with out giving much away the intent of the play even on predictable downs. His stats, especially on receiving wasn't much since he was in between helping in the run game and playing behind VD.
i dont need to go by stats, and im not going by stats. Vance is doing the same thing Walker was doing with us back then.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran

exactly what I have been stating.. Baalke believing that he can replace any starter or player we have, just keeps on allowing good BLOOMING players to move or walk to another team.. he doesn't realize the fact that whether or not the NEW found player he's found may even have a good chemistry with us..

We waited for almost 4 years for Goldson, TBrown and even DWalker to grow and bloom, then Baalke just let them walk.. I don't care if they played poorly with their new team, but I know for a fact that they were good players here..
Originally posted by 9moon:

exactly what I have been stating.. Baalke believing that he can replace any starter or player we have, just keeps on allowing good BLOOMING players to move or walk to another team.. he doesn't realize the fact that whether or not the NEW found player he's found may even have a good chemistry with us..

We waited for almost 4 years for Goldson, TBrown and even DWalker to grow and bloom, then Baalke just let them walk.. I don't care if they played poorly with their new team, but I know for a fact that they were good players here..

Are you not familiar with the salary cap?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
yes I am, are you?
The Unicorn.....Joe Montana in the gun, week 2 1981

The post above shows a Walsh offense using the Gun.....well, heres a Walsh offense using the wishbone.

All credit goes to NC...he tweeted me a link that I ripped this pic from. I'm gonna assume this happened during the 1987 player strike.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Jun 27, 2018 at 10:02 PM ]
Originally posted by Niners816:
The Unicorn.....Joe Montana in the gun, week 2 1981

LMFAO!!!!

Yes.....great find! Wow!
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Jun 27, 2018 at 9:34 PM ]
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
LMFAO!!!!

Yes.....great find! Wow!

Haha....I just realized I posted that way back in the Chip Kelly era It's almost sacrilege that the Walsh thread hadn't been bumped in 2 years.

As for the play, I stumbled on it after ripping the 1981 bear game from YouTube. I always knew Walsh had the Gun in the playbook (I posted in this thread a couple pages back) but I never saw any footage.
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
LMFAO!!!!

Yes.....great find! Wow!

Haha....I just realized I posted that way back in the Chip Kelly era It's almost sacrilege that the Walsh thread hadn't been bumped in 2 years.

As for the play, I stumbled on it after ripping the 1981 bear game from YouTube. I always knew Walsh had the Gun in the playbook (I posted in this thread a couple pages back) but I never saw any footage.

Sacrilege indeed!

I imagine you will find more gems at some point.

Now the question is, can you see if there are any Steve Young shotgun snaps?
This needs to be pinned.
Share 49ersWebzone