There are 165 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anybody Watch Playbook Cowboys Vs Niners

Originally posted by sonofquan:
Alex is the thorn in the flesh of this organization. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior, and Alex has showed me no reason to believe he could beat a mediocre team like Dallas. He's just that bad. Can Harbaugh make him dependable? If he does that much he may as well start turning water into wine because he's a miracle worker

If Alex is a thorn in the flesh of this organization, could it be that you are the gnat on the a$$ of the webzone?

"a mediocre team like Dallas" ? Didn't they just put up a s**tload of points on one of the best defenses in the league? Weren't they considered one of the top ten teams at the start of the season? Mediocre? I don't think so. If we manage to win this weekend, it will be a huge win, over one of the better, more talented teams in the league. Go Niners!
They didn't clown on him at all...they were saying the 49ers were going to lose because the playcalling "hides the quarterback." In other words, they're suppressing him too much.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
theismann is an idiot for shizzle

Was going to comment on that shizzle myself

Used to really like Theismann in the booth on MNF, but he is going so far out of his comfort zone to try to sound jacked up that it is ridiculous
Summary?
Originally posted by eastie:
"a mediocre team like Dallas" ? Didn't they just put up a s**tload of points on one of the best defenses in the league? Weren't they considered one of the top ten teams at the start of the season? Mediocre? I don't think so. If we manage to win this weekend, it will be a huge win, over one of the better, more talented teams in the league. Go Niners!

6-10 and 0-1. Some say that you are what your record says you are.
  • mod
  • Veteran
If anything the video complimented alex... they were talking about how the Coaching staff was hiding him, holding him back.
[ Edited by modninerfan on Sep 16, 2011 at 8:27 PM ]
Funny that he used the EXACT same words I use here at the zone.....Harbaugh is obviously trying to hide Alex....and just like I said last week...you can only hide him for so long...and that is not going to win us many games this year.

I don't get it, the NFL Network crew did a good job explaining this...yet yall want to say they are just "hating".

if it is that obvious for these TV crews to see, I can only imagine what the Cowboys have drummed up.

we'll just have to see. If Harbaugh lets him...Alex can win over alot of people in the crowd by playing great against the Cowboys.......or he'll just get booed out the building once again.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Funny that he used the EXACT same words I use here at the zone.....Harbaugh is obviously trying to hide Alex....and just like I said last week...you can only hide him for so long...and that is not going to win us many games this year.

I don't get it, the NFL Network crew did a good job explaining this...yet yall want to say they are just "hating".

if it is that obvious for these TV crews to see, I can only imagine what the Cowboys have drummed up.

we'll just have to see. If Harbaugh lets him...Alex can win over alot of people in the crowd by playing great against the Cowboys.......or he'll just get booed out the building once again.

The dude on NFL Network had an opinion,OK... but uses all plays in a series where they were trying to get out inside of their own 20yds. Almost all team go ultra conservative in that situation. That's retarded, ALL team 'hold back' there qb in that part of the field, unless it's a last grasp, come from behind, need a game winning drive situation.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 16, 2011 at 8:56 PM ]
Sharpe gave us tons of props for our play-calling creativity. -Those designed plays/runs were huge in the Seattle game (specially the fake Snyder shift on 4th & 1). We finally have a creative offensive scheme.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Sep 16, 2011 at 8:57 PM ]
Originally posted by modninerfan:
If anything the video complimented alex... they were talking about how the Coaching staff was hiding him, holding him back.

No, they were talking about how the coaching staff is adjusting to having below average QB and designing plays that best suits him.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

The dude on NFL Network had an opinion,OK... but uses all plays in a series where they were trying to get out inside of their own 20yds. Almost all team go ultra conservative in that situation.
wow, do you even really want to debate this? It is a T.V. show...they can't show too much footage. And you actually believe that is the only time we went "ultra" conservative?

lets just go back and think about the 3rd down runs. Lets think about the types of plays "called" (imo, its more Alex's decision making)...or just overall approach against the Seahawks, of all teams.

what ever, it doesn't matter....If you don't believe Harbaugh is trying to hide Alex,fine...the truth will show itself eventually...Jim won't be able to hide Alex against the Cowboys. (unless our defense keeps it close, then we'll see the same boring s**t...and pray for Ginn to save our arse's again)
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

to be honest, i LOVE that all of the analysts don't pick the niners.

Yeah, if we're gonna be the "dark horse", might as well be black as fck.
Originally posted by 9erVillian:
Originally posted by modninerfan:

No, they were talking about how the coaching staff is adjusting to having below average QB and designing plays that best suits him.

Really? That is not what I got out of it. Let's see if coach opens it up this week, then what? And his stats for this first game has him actually a little above average with the rest of the QBs in the league.

No. Name Pass EPA Run EPA Sack EPA Pen. EPA Total EPA Action Plays Clutch Wt Avg Total QBR
1 Ryan Fitzpatrick 6.0 0.3 -0.5 -0.3 5.5 33 0.7 91.2
2 Aaron Rodgers 10.8 -0.9 -1.2 -0.1 8.6 44 0.8 91.1
3 Tom Brady 14.2 -0.1 -0.5 -0.4 13.2 59 1.0 88.6
4 Matthew Stafford 8.1 0.5 0.0 0.5 9.2 41 1.1 87.4
5 Joe Flacco 3.8 0.0 -0.2 -0.3 3.3 34 0.6 79.6
6 Cam Newton 16.3 -1.8 -3.7 0.1 10.8 56 1.3 75.7
7 Rex Grossman 10.1 0.0 -3.5 -0.6 6.0 40 1.1 75.0
8 Drew Brees 6.1 -0.1 -2.0 0.5 4.5 56 0.6 71.6
9 Matt Schaub 2.5 -0.3 -0.1 0.0 2.0 31 0.5 71.0
10 Chad Henne 7.7 1.3 -2.1 -0.3 6.5 64 0.8 70.7
11 Michael Vick 4.4 5.8 -3.5 -1.0 5.6 51 1.0 68.1
12 Alex Smith 2.6 -0.2 0.0 0.3 2.7 31 0.8 66.2