LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 288 users in the forums

Predicting the Rest of the Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Obviously it's early, but I thought it'd be fun to predict the rest of our schedule out with one week in the bag. This is not a homer post, just a look at the schedule.

Here's how I see it and why.

DAL - Toss-up, but a win. The 49ers rarely have poor back-to-back weeks running the football. I think Frank the Tank gets going against a mediocre Dallas Run D. That will keep the pressure off Alex Smith and allow him to go play-action against a weak secondary. My biggest concern is Romo chewing up our secondary down-field and we get in a shootout. If we get in a shootout we lose.

@CIN - Win. Cincy has to run the football well to win, especially with Andy Dalton at QB. They'll probably be able to against Denver this weekend, but I doubt they will be able to against us. They also have no pass-rush.

@PHI - Loss. They're a lot better than us, and I see them jumping out to an early lead to make us pass, which we can't do well.

TB - Win. Last year's Bucs team was an aberration and they won't be as good as '10 this year. We should be able to run on them and contain their passing game.

@DET - Toss-up, but Loss. You might be saying 'WTF', but I think Detroit is getting to be a pretty good team. They can get pressure and stop the run without blitzing, so I'm not sure what we're going to do to score. And if we don't get a lot of pressure on Stafford we'll lose

CLE. Win. I think Cleveland will be better than expected this year too, but we're coming off a bye and at home, with a loss right before the bye. I see a win here.

@WAS. Toss-up, but Loss. We'll have to travel across country to play a Skins team that finds themselves in contention (surprisingly). I think the traveling hurts us.

NYG. Loss. The Giants should be in playing shape come mid-season, and quite frankly they are much more talented than us.

ARI. Win. Cards in Frisco. Win.

@BAL. Loss. Traveling to Baltimore to play a scary team on Thanksgiving. I think John beats Jim.

STL. Win. I am not on the Rams bandwagon like a lot of casual observers are -- looks like people have tape on Bradford

@ARI - Win. Cards suck.

PIT. Loss. Pittsburgh. They'll be coming off 10 days rest. They are also great against the run.

@SEA. Loss. Crowd noise, etc.

@STL. Win. We'll be 8-7 going into this game and the win gives us the division. I think we do it.

That puts us at 9-7 with wins against, SEA, DAL, @CIN, TB, CLE, ARI, @ARI, STL, @STL. Keep in mind that I penciled in losses against Washington and Detroit and a win vs. Dallas.
Awesome I hope you are right
i think we beat the redskins

they are pretty talented on D but there offense is nothing specia

also lets not forget there has been no game film on rex grossmen for 2 or 3 years there will be plenty by the time we play him so i dont think he will have as good of a week he had in week 1
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

also lets not forget there has been no game film on rex grossmen for 2 or 3 years there will be plenty by the time we play him so i dont think he will have as good of a week he had in week 1

I have a feeling that Grossman is having a 2006 season. Either QB rating of 120 or 60, depending on the week. They went to the SB that year.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

And I think we will be able to shut down Hightower which will put more pressure on Rex. I think if we make them have to rely on Grossman to beat us we can win that game.
Originally posted by Daddyt4949:
And I think we will be able to shut down Hightower which will put more pressure on Rex. I think if we make them have to rely on Grossman to beat us we can win that game.

I have it as a toss-up but loss. I think we're pretty evenly matched, but we've got an early game on the East Coast, and West Coast teams are abysmal under those conditions.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by Daddyt4949:

I have it as a toss-up but loss. I think we're pretty evenly matched, but we've got an early game on the East Coast, and West Coast teams are abysmal under those conditions.

Yeah you're right, our east coast record isn't very good.
We can beat Seattle that second time around too...I dont care if they are at home!...Trust me....
we will beat teh eagles.
We need to sweep our division to have any shot of the playoffs. Maybe 5-1 in the division at worst. I just don't see us winning more than 3 or 4 games outside the division at best.

Sweep the division = 6-0
Outside = 3-7

9-7

Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
We need to sweep our division to have any shot of the playoffs. Maybe 5-1 in the division at worst. I just don't see us winning more than 3 or 4 games outside the division at best.

Sweep the division = 6-0
Outside = 3-7

9-7

I think we can go 4-6 against non-divisional opponents. We can take 2 from the AFC South, 1 - 2 from the NFC East, and 1 - 2 from TB/DET. If we win this weekend, we could conceivably go 5-5 outside the division.

DAL, CIN, TB, PHI, CLE, TB, DET, WAS, NYG, BAL, PIT
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
We might lose 5 games, I say 3 tho. 13-3 baby. Get Big
10-6

5-1 within our division.
5-5 outside the division

Playoffs!!!!!
Your prediction is wrong. 19-0.
Share 49ersWebzone