There are 271 users in the forums

Match-up Analysis from Cowboy Fan

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This is actually a pretty good read. He is pretty objective and is spot on about our team's strength's and weaknesses.

Highlights for the "Didn't Read, LOL" mob:

Cowboys Passing vs. 49ers Pass Defense: Advantage Cowgirls
"With the exception of Carlos Rogers, the 49ers defense is made up of players who aren’t great in man coverage, including a first year starter in Tarell Brown who will likely get the responsibility of covering Dez Bryant. Still, after week 1, the 49ers are ranked fifth in pass defense. That’s largely due to the fact that they played a weak Seahawks offense but the 49ers pass rush looked great. They have the best pass rushing 3-4 defensive end in football in Justin Smith and he’ll either be going against rookie Bill Nagy or Derrick Dockery, a matchup that favors Smith."

Cowboys Running Game vs. 49ers run defense: Advantage 49ers
"As of right now, the Cowboys have the worst yards per carry average (2.5) in the NFL. I know, that was against the Jets run defense but I’m not too sure that the 49ers is much worse. In 2010, the 49ers only allowed 3.5 yards per carry which was only behind the Steelers. The 49ers have a better line backing core and defensive line than the jets and I’d be surprised to see any Cowboys back have a big day. No one runs on Patrick Willis. This one favers 49ers."

49ers passing vs. Cowboys Pass defense: Advantage Cowb***hes
"The 49ers pass protection has been awful throughout the preseason as well as at times last year. Last week, Alex Smith wasn’t sacked but the Seahawks have no good pass rushers. If the Boys can bring pressure and cover receivers for about three seconds, the matchup favors the Boys. The only thing that worries me is Vernan Davis. Last week he made down the field catches on Aaron Curry, one of the most athletic linebackers in the league, so I have strong doubts on the abilities of Keith Brooking and Bradie James to cover him. Both of them suck, yes suck, in pass coverage to begin with and Davis is the most athletic tight end in football."

49ers running vs. Cowboys run defense: Push
"The 49ers like to run and are capable of having a big game on the ground against any team. Cowboys run defense, headed by Sean Lee is looking darn good. When Frank Gore gets going, he’s hard to stop."

Special teams vs. special teams: Advantage 49ers
"This one is obvious.They have a probowl punter, a probowl kicker, and a soon to be probowl return man." He forgot pro bowl long snapper.

http://www.cowboysportsblog.com/apps/blog/show/8685136-play-your-strengths-avoid-the-49ers-strengths
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Sep 15, 2011 at 10:45 PM ]
  • Jiks
Didn't read, came from Cowboys fan LOL.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

This Cowb***h fans are a joke
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

This Cowb***h fans are a joke

I agree. This guy has us evenly matched. He'd get crucified saying "No one can block D WARE" in here. He's right on the most part.
It's piling on, but he forgot Special Teams coach with three Superbowl rings.
Looks spot on to me as well. We really need our D-line to disrupt Romo and force him to make poor decisions. I think Gore is going to bounce back this week too.
Seems right but wouldn't say Seattle has no pass rushers. Chris Clemons had 11 sacks last year. They did get pressure at times it's just that Alex did an excellent job of stepping up and avoiding it and taking off. He didn't seem afraid to use his legs like has in the past. We also helped him out by doing short drops.
It is a spot on analysis.
The cowboys secondary is terrible even with Newman healthy, they literally signed a guy off the street to play in this game. If we get any kind of run game going, there will be some play action opportunities there for us. Good find Young.
"no one runs on Patrick Willis"

couldn't have said it better myself.

there was a play last week where Lynch stiff armed one of our LB and for a second I thought it was willis. I about shat myself. Then i saw it was bowman.

Cowboys were working pretty hard to upgrade the safety position this offseason, but they didn't have the cap space to make a significant move. Combine that with the plague that struck them at CB, and the big plays should be there, as long as Alex is standing when the receivers come open.
I'm really starting to feel good about this matchup with the injury reports coming out of Dallas. They are REALLY banged up at CB and dinged up on the offensive line which definitely helps our cause tremendously. Dez Bryant hasn't been practicing either, so if we only have to focus on Miles Austin I like our chances.
Thanks, man! That was a really good read.

Here's to the Niners this week.....
Wow, that was actually a good analysis. He was objective which is surprising.

Thanks for posting.

ONE A SIDE NOTE: I grabbed this 49er analysis off the cowboys forum. It is from a 49er fan.

49ers passing against Cowboys defense: Advantage cowboys cause Alex sux and has small hands.

niners run against cowboys: cowboys again because alex sux and had 7 years to show nothing.

49ers Special tms vs cowboys: advantage niners but smith has small hands and can only throw for 124 yards.

49ers defense vs Romo: Patrick Willis is great but often stands by Alex who is horrible and has small hands and stooopid blue eyes.

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Wow, that was actually a good analysis. He was objective which is surprising.

Thanks for posting.

ONE A SIDE NOTE: I grabbed this 49er analysis off the cowboys forum. It is from a 49er fan.

49ers passing against Cowboys defense: Advantage cowboys cause Alex sux and has small hands.

niners run against cowboys: cowboys again because alex sux and had 7 years to show nothing.

49ers Special tms vs cowboys: advantage niners but smith has small hands and can only throw for 124 yards.

49ers defense vs Romo: Patrick Willis is great but often stands by Alex who is horrible and has small hands and stooopid blue eyes.

Must have been susweel....
Share 49ersWebzone