LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Key Match-ups VS. The Cowboys

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Sort of frustrating watching all these teams take chances in non-ideal situations.

- Raiders throw really deep backed up in their end zone. Is Campbell more capable than Alex? I dont think so. Pretty much the same guy.

- Patriots and Dolphins both playing aggressive. Brady still passing despite game being out of reach. Henne taking chances. Henne = Alex of the east coast.

I understand the need to take chances, play strategically, etc but man...at the end of the day you have to let it rip and take chances. Hopefully we see some aggressiveness on Sunday.

If the Raiders QB doesn't throw long every other play he wakes up next morning with an assistant coaches head in his bed.
Niners better hope they can sustain drives and keep the Cowboys Defense on the field. If not, it will be a long day. Better hope they can gameplan against Ware.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
I think the guy that worries me most about the Cowboys is Dez Bryant. Im not sure what his injury status is, but that dude catches everything. Our secondary is going to have their hands full with Bryant, Austin, and Witten. Hopefully, they are saying the same thing about Edwards, Crab (if playing), and Davis.

Lest we forget Gore, I think this week we open up the RB Screen' (option); Alex's biggest 'Red-Zone' improvisational threat off the right side.

In fact, I think we most definitely show off our screen & slant packages (finally), cause our pass-protection will be put to the test for sure.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I really hope Spencer is ready to go. Brock and Brown aren't going to cut it vs Bryant and Austin.

Unlesh the big nickle!!!

Seriously though, our secondary will have their hands full. We better get creative with our front 7.

I wonder if having Reggie Smith or Goldson back will make a very big difference. I know they are not corners, but a good free safety sure helps.
demarcus ware is gonna be a handful but i think VD can erase him completely like he did to joey porter. i cant wait to see smith vs their secondary, its gonna be a huge confidence boost for the entire team if he can shred them up. harbaughs definitely gonna try to exploit their weakness.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
stop DeMarcus Ware!

its not gonna happen
The Jets have a great O-line yet Sanchez had no time to throw. With a far worse O-line, our QB will have no chance. I hope I am wrong!
Originally posted by ClassicNiner:
The Jets have a great O-line yet Sanchez had no time to throw. With a far worse O-line, our QB will have no chance. I hope I am wrong!

Jets are coached by a D guy, Harbaugh has shown the ability to coach around weaknesses. The problems will come if the 9ers get down by a couple of scores. Then they will have to open it up and hope for the best. I see runs at Ware, rollouts around and away from Ware and trying to wear Ware down.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Our D destroying their O-line to shake up Nomo!
Fangio sticks with man to man?

stop DeMarcus Ware!

+1
Originally posted by Baldie:
Our success depends on how well Alex plays. Alex will need to play mistake-free and will need to drive down the field and score, use his feet if he has to. We'll need to score as many TD's as we can. One thing is for sure....our offense is not yet ready to play catch-up so if the Cowboys are up by a couple TD's in the 4th, we're going to have a tough time.

Are you sure? There is only one way to find out...
Ginn vs. Cowboys Special Teams
stop DeMarcus Ware!

this. este. questo.
stop DeMarcus Ware!

not sure how....

but this
Share 49ersWebzone