There are 188 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bowman and Willis

Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for frenchmov.
willis had an average game for himself to be honest. he definitely made plays, but he got gobbled up a few times and even got stood up by tavaris jackson on that reverse. not a bad game, a "B" game for p-will.
Brooks was tearing it up this game. He was man-handling the tackle all game long.
Haralson had two sacks, he had a monster game. He is better than people give him credit for here.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Haralson did play well.

I was most impressed with our inside rush. It was nice to see a pocket collapse from the middle.

Bowman and Willis looked good out there together though. It should get better and better hopefully.
didn't willis have a forced fumble on his tackle on a seattle running back (was at the game so i don't remember who he tackled).
Originally posted by frenchmov:
willis had an average game for himself to be honest. he definitely made plays, but he got gobbled up a few times and even got stood up by tavaris jackson on that reverse. not a bad game, a "B" game for p-will.

A "B" game for Willis is still an "A" game for ninety percent of the other NFL linebackers.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Haralson had two sacks, he had a monster game. He is better than people give him credit for here.

Haralson can thank Aldon for his second sack. Smith shoved Okung (a FIRST stringer) eight yards into the backfield which forced the QB to step back right into Haralson.

Our pass rush is as good as I was hoping. Much improved.
Originally posted by ianna:
Is Bowman a good compliment to Willis? I don't know much about football as some of you do and it's just my observation. I've just noticed that Willis seems to have an average game when playing next to Bowman.

I noticed Bowman quiting on several plays. He didn't seem to be aware of what the hell was going on. The first time, he was near the sideline being blocked (though the blocker was half-assing as well) when the ball carrier wound up maybe 5-yards from where he was - he had already quit as if the whistle had blown. He did this again later in the game. I didn't notice him doing it any other times, but I wasn't exactly looking for him so I wouldn't doubt if he did it more.
I would like to see Wllis make more big plays, game changing plays. He looks very average to me playing next to Bowman.. I will eat my crow if he step his game up.
Originally posted by ianna:
I would like to see Wllis make more big plays, game changing plays. He looks very average to me playing next to Bowman.. I will eat my crow if he step his game up.

So what you're saying is a player widely considered the best at his position today, and quite possibly one of the best ever, isn't playing up to your standards? Is this correct?
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Haralson can thank Aldon for his second sack. Smith shoved Okung (a FIRST stringer) eight yards into the backfield which forced the QB to step back right into Haralson.

But it was against Seattle's woeful offensive line.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by BrianGO:

But it was against Seattle's woeful offensive line.

Don't worry, it's only going to get better. We haven't had this good a D-line and LB core in many, many years.
  • ACUK
  • Veteran
I think both Willis & Bowman had a good game last week, but I am expecting Bowman to have a couple of off games with this being his first full year starting.
Bowman still has some growing up to do but has shown the he can get it done. next year or two, they'll be the best MLB duo in the game.