• Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Congratulations

You picked Matt Hasselbeck and lost Superbowl 40

who was the second one

Big Ben. Same Superbowl.

That dont mean nothing because we are talking about offense and more specifically how they are saying they didint have enough to install the play book. When other teams under the same circumstances put up much better results.
Congratulations

You picked Matt Hasselbeck and lost Superbowl 40

who was the second one

Big Ben. Same Superbowl.

That dont mean nothing because we are talking about offense and more specifically how they are saying they didint have enough to install the play book. When other teams under the same circumstances put up much better results.

It means stats don't tell the whole story, a fact that is missed by many on the zone.
I like how honest he was. I understand that the reason for the ultra-conservative play calling was that the players haven't had enough time to get comfortable in the new offense, but when do you guys think we can expect to see us open it up?

I'm guessing it will be a week by week thing, with us opening it up a bit more as each game passes by. Expect to see this offense in full function by the end of the season.

Cam Newton throws for 400 hundred and he's rookie with the same amount of time to prepare. So I think all that no time is a bunch of excuses, the fact is he had no confidence in his qb.
It is really stupid to speculate then call it a fact Sus, you ain't stupid so...

What's YOUR deal?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I like how honest he was. I understand that the reason for the ultra-conservative play calling was that the players haven't had enough time to get comfortable in the new offense, but when do you guys think we can expect to see us open it up?

I'm guessing it will be a week by week thing, with us opening it up a bit more as each game passes by. Expect to see this offense in full function by the end of the season.

Cam Newton throws for 400 hundred and he's rookie with the same amount of time to prepare. So I think all that no time is a bunch of excuses, the fact is he had no confidence in his qb.
It is really stupid to speculate then call it a fact Sus, you ain't stupid so...

What's YOUR deal?

See you on the road.....
@sus - stats can be misleading is his point. Yardage means crap this league is about winning. Harbaugh is in charge of rebuilding a gutter feeding franchise - unfortunately that is us - 8 years of suckage qualifies us for that wonderful distinction - He has to build a QB that has been labeled a bust - or come close to it if that process has to start.

He is the biggest difference something we haven't seen in a long time around here - a coach ADAPTING to the game - getting a sense of what the flow of the game was and making adjustments - not all of them were right (not being more aggressive after that roughing the kicker call was one of them) but still pushing his players when he needed too - IE coaching them - not waiting for the film or thinking Football is Defense and the other 2 phases of the games are just things that HAVE to happen.

It was a good debut. They have ALOT of work to do if they are going to play hard and compete against Dallas - they have a much better pass rush than the seahawks better blitz packages and a much more dangerous offense - but at least we have someone that actually is about putting coaching players in a way that fits the game they are playing right then - not the imaginary one they dreamed up in their little head or prayed would happen.

Seahawks suck - but the 49ers took care of buisness when the momentum shifted they didn't panic didn't press and make stupid mistakes - they would have last year or the year before that or any of the Erickson / Nowin / Simpletary years. That is the product of coaching. His coaching shows the most in Alex - he played well today and did what he needed to do to win the game - HUGE improvement.

Oh and I am flying down from Seattle for next week's game the better damn well compete.
[ Edited by Sugatis on Sep 11, 2011 at 9:51 PM ]
I don't get fixating on yards. There were 20 pass attempts to 31 run plays. Why not try to get gore going?

Isn't there some stat where we're practically undefeated when he gets 20 something carries a game.

If harbaugh had tried to air it out the whole time and we failed you would all be b***hing about not running the ball.

Why b***h about the game plan instead of talking about why the line kept getting stuffed like sus on tuesday nights when valrod sleeps over
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by toeknee:
I don't get fixating on yards. There were 20 pass attempts to 31 run plays. Why not try to get gore going?

Isn't there some stat where we're practically undefeated when he gets 20 something carries a game.

If harbaugh had tried to air it out the whole time and we failed you would all be b***hing about not running the ball.

Why b***h about the game plan instead of talking about why the line kept getting stuffed like sus on tuesday nights when valrod sleeps over

nice

that's mean
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame

that's my take as well.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

that's mean

f**k mean, that's epic!

what would you prefer a QB do.....

26/49 269 yds and 1 TD and 1 INT

or

9/21 123 yds 0 TD's and 2 INT's
I would prefer which ever one resulted in a win.

nice

Are you going to report that as personal attack or take it like a man...
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Can you really call that taking it like a man?
Originally posted by Sugatis:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Can you really call that taking it like a man?

I love when a team wins and still can improve in many areas---always makes for a good week of practice--players happy and determined.
Share 49ersWebzone