LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by SFATeflonDon:
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
How did Cam Newton do in his first game with the same off season??

He lost

He didn't lose, his team lost, just like Alex's team won. Unfortunately for Cam, he doesn't have Ted Ginn to close the game on special teams.

Cam nEXCUSES!

He had 124 yards and NO TDs we won't win the west with him he's afraid to throw to his wrs more than 5 yards away.. he continues to miss open recivers.. I honestly don't get some of you guys. You can be a timid QB in this league and expect to be good
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by aman49:
124 passing yards.

I was waiting for you

s**t I could have had that kind of rating if all I did was check down passes.

and counting.

Strait trolling yo !!!

*fixed
75% completion, zero turnovers, win. I'm happy
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
124 passing yards.

Cam Newton 400 passing Yards!

Cam Newton is a star.
Can newton is 0-1. Cask newton the an interception that list them the game. Can newton couldn't win the game when it counted.

seriously? This is his FIRST game in the NFL, where he threw for more TD's than Alex did his whole first year, and you are saying he couldn't win the game when it counted? You understand that was a NFL history record breaking game for an NFL rookie, right? Even Manning, Marino, Montana, etc didn't do what he did today. Give it a rest, bro.

I didn't even think of it like that. That fact is really painful.
124 passing yards.

Cam Newton is a star.

It's too bad his 400 yards got him a loss
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
124 passing yards.

Cam Newton is a star.

He don't have Ginn and didn't play against Taveres Jackson.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
124 passing yards.

Cam Newton is a star.

He don't have Ginn and didn't play against Taveres Jackson.

no he just played against the Cardinals defense
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
He had 124 yards and NO TDs we won't win the west with him he's afraid to throw to his wrs more than 5 yards away.. he continues to miss open recivers.. I honestly don't get some of you guys. You can be a timid QB in this league and expect to be good

We are gonna win some games, but those who have high hopes should look back over the past 8 years and they will quickly realize this team is a non-contender. The deffense is legit though.
Originally posted by walker807:
75% completion, zero turnovers, win. I'm happy

I'm happy with a win no matter what as well. But we can't pretend like 124 yards, 0-tds and 0-ints against the Seahawks warrants a coronation of a franchise Qb.

They didnt call the play to throw down the field. They were short screens. When they did throw deep, he was accurate to Edwards, Morgan.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by SFATeflonDon:
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
How did Cam Newton do in his first game with the same off season??

He lost

He didn't lose, his team lost, just like Alex's team won. Unfortunately for Cam, he doesn't have Ted Ginn to close the game on special teams.

Cam nEXCUSES!

haha
Originally posted by 9inermaniac:

They didnt call the play to throw down the field. They were short screens. When they did throw deep, he was accurate to Edwards, Morgan.

Exactly. He had one well-threaded bullet to Edwards on one of the final drives.

Harbaugh is doing what he can do build up Alex's confidence and install a new offense. If he can do that, and Alex stays at a 90 qb rating, I'll be content for this half of the season.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by 9inermaniac:

There was that throw to V.Davis where he got the ole alligator arms.
Originally posted by Shaj:
seriously? This is his FIRST game in the NFL, where he threw for more TD's than Alex did his whole first year, and you are saying he couldn't win the game when it counted? You understand that was a NFL history record breaking game for an NFL rookie, right? Even Manning, Marino, Montana, etc didn't do what he did today. Give it a rest, bro.

Trollexcuses

Cam Newton will be figured out in short order. He played against a crappy secondary and frankly not a very good team, and he has a super-weapon in Steve Smith. Once defenses take that away, he's toast and he'll revert to running.

One game and everyone's making him out to be the next Joe Montana. He'll fade as teams adjust.
Share 49ersWebzone