There are 132 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Majority of the webzone wanted Ginn cut !!!

he made several dumb plays today in addition to the two TD's and the other long return, but he saved our asses today.
Not me. I never said that. I knew he is the best return man we have had in 10 years. You don't give up on that. I would sign him to a longer term deal. Keep him a 49er. Yes there were lots of morons who said so. They will never admit it now.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
he made several dumb plays today in addition to the two TD's and the other long return, but he saved our asses today.
Oh yeah, he did. So did a lot of players. It happens.
Hey...you stole my name!

What's your deal
I posted this on Kevin Lynch's page where it was origionally "replace Ginn" and the tool changed it. It will likely be deleted there, because he apparantly only wants to hear from the pessimist beotches: As you can see, he hass chosen to "ignore me" for calling him out.....real journalist there folks.

VaBhodi
5:42 PM on September 11, 2011
This comment is hidden because you have chosen to ignore VaBhodi. Show DetailsHide Details

I followed this link from 49erswebzone where the link shows the origional title of THIS page ( before you changed it) as "Replace Ginn".
Your earlier article was "Is Jimmy Ray back, 49ers lose challenge".

Seriously, I realize that you have the consumate pessimists, boo-birds, and alex haters in your corner, but Do NOT ever try to pass yourself off as a legit journalist....if you had ANY credibility, you lost it today with your tripe.

If you are simply an opinion columnist, perhaps it might be better to wait until the game is over before you start acting the troll.

I live on the EC and use the web to keep up with the 9ers. I know in the future, if I see the SF Chronicle OR your name on a credited article, I need not waste my time reading it.

After reviewing a few more of your posts, how you remain employed given your track record and negativity is beyond me. I guess the SF chronicle wants to reduce itself to junk bond status like other publications.
You should be embarrassed, but you likely won't be.
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=97303#ixzz1Xh9FIWa6
[ Edited by VaBhodi on Sep 11, 2011 at 6:25 PM ]
  • RKab
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
In the Donnie Avery thread in the FA forum some people thought they might cut Ginn if they signed Avery. Those people were crazy.

The people who thought if the 49ers decided to add a speed WR/kick returner they might be willing to cut the current speed WR/kick returner. How is that crazy? The 49ers are the ones who brought him in for a work out. Was Donnie Avery trying out for center or nose tackle? And didn't Ginn get replaced on the depth chart by Kendall Hunter at the end of the preseason?

He did great. I'm happy for him and the team. I just think this thread is suffering from revisionist history.
They should give him back the million bucks.
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
They should give him back the million bucks.

swap contracts with Crabtree
5% is the majority

#webzonelogic
LOL

Lynch deleted it, said it "violated terms of service". Can anyone tell me how my post violated terms of service ? Or was it just plain old censorship because he was wrong and it blew up in his face ?
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Oh yeah, he did. So did a lot of players. It happens.

just trying to bring some levity. the mood seems to have swung in a direction where people want to cut Crabtree and start Ginn in his spot because of a brilliant minute returning kicks. It makes no sense.
Originally posted by RKab:
In the Donnie Avery thread in the FA forum some people thought they might cut Ginn if they signed Avery. Those people were crazy.

The people who thought if the 49ers decided to add a speed WR/kick returner they might be willing to cut the current speed WR/kick returner. How is that crazy? The 49ers are the ones who brought him in for a work out. Was Donnie Avery trying out for center or nose tackle? And didn't Ginn get replaced on the depth chart by Kendall Hunter at the end of the preseason?

He did great. I'm happy for him and the team. I just think this thread is suffering from revisionist history.

1. In that thread things like "Kendall Hunter is our #1 return guy." Where and who said that Hunter ever replaced Ginn on the depth chart? Because they weren't using Ginn much for returns in the pre-season? Heh.

2. Bringing in another WR to tryout doesn't mean they plan on cutting any WRs. A lot of teams carry more than 5 WRs and the Niners have lots of players that aren't WRs that can be cut.
Good thing zoners don't decide the final cuts for the niners
I wouldn't say "majority", but there was a fairly sizable minority that was actively cheering for people like Ronald Johnson... or even Ronald McDonald over Ginn.

P.S. Ginn might want to walk back to 49ers headquarters and discuss getting back some of the money he gave up
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Sep 11, 2011 at 6:53 PM ]
  • RKab
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RKab:

1. In that thread things like "Kendall Hunter is our #1 return guy." Where and who said that Hunter ever replaced Ginn on the depth chart? Because they weren't using Ginn much for returns in the pre-season? Heh.

2. Bringing in another WR to tryout doesn't mean they plan on cutting any WRs. A lot of teams carry more than 5 WRs and the Niners have lots of players that aren't WRs that can be cut.

1. The 49ers said Hunter replaced Ginn on the depth chart. http://www.49ers.com/team/depth-chart.html - no one conjured that up. The beat writers were talking about it as a change at the end of preseason. Also Spencer got moved down the chart for Brown, Goodwin in at C etc.

2. The argument of you can cut other players besides a WR is distinct from the argument of whether or not people are "crazy" for thinking that if a team is looking to upgrade a specific position it may be willing to part ways with the incumbent.