There are 200 users in the forums

Majority of the webzone wanted Ginn cut !!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He looked like he was close to breaking one all day to me. Didn't think he would do it twice

Game MVP!
Ted Ginn is da man!
This is very true. I highly doubt these webzoners will admit it though! Ginn is the fastest guy in the league. At top speed, no one is faster. He's a very dangerous weapon and a huge asset to our team!
Originally posted by Boomer49:
He may never be that receiver that the Dolphin's drafted him to be, but he is an awesome return man!

He's an awesome return man when he runs the ball up the field. I think a lot of people are confusing "hate" or "wanting him cut" with frustration at the fact that frequently runs himself into trouble by trying to run across the field. Typical good return man syndrome. His speed is only useful if he's going up the friggin' field.
Ginn is living up to his Madden potential
i'll admit that i thought his value would have dropped with the move of the where the kick off starts now, but he sealed this game up for us today.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Ginn may never live up to the hype as a WR. But as a PR/KR he is among the league's elite. I realize that is hard for most Niner fans to comprehend. But that's the fact. You don't luck into two TD returns in a game.

He is a constant threat for a big play every single time he touches the ball on a return.
In the Donnie Avery thread in the FA forum some people thought they might cut Ginn if they signed Avery. Those people were crazy.
What impressed me about Ginn, he can stop and start on the quick for a long strider. Very deceptive.
He is definetly worth the roster spot, just in return ability alone especially in Candlestick with the wind there wont be as maby touchbacks and the way he played he is hungry for a new contract!

I was mad when he went backwards on that one return

then on the next he went forwards and gained yards, and I said "good things happen when you go forward"

Never wanted him cut and in fact I thought he'd be more involved in the offense

Not too shabby for a fifth rounder
I did because I didn't think he'd make an impact with new kick off rules and he's not anything close to the receiver I wanted, but damn I'm glad to be wrong!
Originally posted by okdkid:
Ginn may never live up to the hype as a WR. But as a PR/KR he is among the league's elite. I realize that is hard for most Niner fans to comprehend. But that's the fact. You don't luck into two TD returns in a game.

He is a constant threat for a big play every single time he touches the ball on a return.

This.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
This is very true. I highly doubt these webzoners will admit it though! Ginn is the fastest guy in the league. At top speed, no one is faster. He's a very dangerous weapon and a huge asset to our team!

Didn't Ginn no-show for a race with Chris Johnson because he was afraid Johnson was faster than him?

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-blog/index.ssf/2009/12/chris_johnson_says_ted_ginn_jr.html
I love that Kevin Lynch changed the title of his gameday article from "Replace Ginn," to "49ers win 33-17." He also primarily credits Colin Jones for the returns, but to his credit, he did add, "I should quit."
Share 49ersWebzone