There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

steve young: i can see alex holding lombardi trophy

....and this thread is still breathing
Aaron Rodgers: "Go home and get your f**kin' shinebox, Alex!"

Alex Smith is the man! I've been saying from the get! The fans who hate him are FOOLS! Kid is a champ, and when the supporting cast comes around, and it better this ****ing season!!!... Smith will light it up!!!
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:

f**k the packers and rodgers...they are the enemy. WTF are you posting that crap here for?
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
f**k the packers and rodgers...they are the enemy. WTF are you posting that crap here for?

Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Alex Smith is the man! I've been saying from the get! The fans who hate him are FOOLS! Kid is a champ, and when the supporting cast comes around, and it better this ****ing season!!!... Smith will light it up!!!

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
An ESPN writer (can't remember which one) wrote a snippet about each NFL team this week. For the niners, he said "I'm concerned that Braylon Edwards is injured. And that Alex Smith is not."
sit back and watch, Alex will be servicable. He won't be the old Alex but guess what ... he will give the other qbs a race in TC next year.

You are not wanted in Ninerland! GTFO BF!
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

It's a day before the season opener, it's time to put your personal feelings about Alex aside and just enjoy the game.

Originally posted by 49ersMan420:

These two go together, if you have ever seen Goodfellas.
I could not believe that some people do not get tired of bashing Alex.... one day before to begin our season
these people don't want Alex to have a good season?, our team win?, these people appear to be a multitude because they write very often, but fortunately they are a minority.

Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Young's position has been consistent, but changes when circumstances change...Harbaugh reinstituting the WCO. Now he sees the parallel with his days in TB and knows that Smith may be a much better QB given a much better system and coaching.

Montana tends to stay out of the news so any comment he makes gets my attention. As for the post saying QBs always support each other? Ask T Bradshaw about Montana some day and watch him turn himself in knots to explain how over rated he is.

Rice sees the game from the WR point of view--I was opened and you didn't get me the ball so you are wrong and bad. Rice doesn't care that the QB had 1.5 seconds to get the ball off, he just knows he was opened. Compare Rice's comments with Young's detailed comment. Specifically, the 3rd and 15 situation when all the receivers are 30 yards down the field and covered. This is accurate and very astute. I have never heard Rice stating specifics in this manner.

Do I ignore Rice? No, he was a great WR and he knows a great QB when he sees one and (no surprise) Smith is not that. Does Rice know how to build a great QB as well as Montana and Young? No, I really doubt that he does.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Posted in another thread:

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Remember when Jeff Garcia, a very very good 4-time Pro Bowl QB, went from throwing 4000+ yards and 30+ TDs in back to back years in San Francisco to playing HORRIBLE elsewhere in Cleveland and Detroit? Getting BENCHED. In Cleveand he threw only 10 TD and 9 INTs with a 76.7 rating. In Detroit.. 3 TD with 6 INTs and a 65.1 rating before he was done.

Garcia on his own could do nothing to overcome the horrible circumstances. There was nothing he could do.

Then.. all of a sudden, he's an awesome quarterback again when he goes to Philadelphia, and then STILL played well in Tampa at the age of 37 and 38, making the Pro Bowl and getting them into the playoffs. Smith has never had a team like Garcia had around him when he was successful. Smith has had teams comparable to the Cleveland and Detroit teams Garcia was on.

This isn't to say Smith is good, because he's done poorly... BUT... Considering Garcia as an example, one can easily see why there is at least a legitimate reason to believe that Smith COULD be an unfortunate victim of circumstance. Can you concede that it is within the realm of possibility?

Thanks guys.
Originally posted by Shaj:

Hmm...I wondered where your posts came from. Now we know!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Sep 10, 2011 at 6:10 PM ]