There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Crabtree..whats with him and what would you like to do

Crabtree..whats with him and what would you like to do

I understand Crabtree wants to help the team, and that he has played on a broken foot before back at Tech, but this can't be allowed to be a lingering problem. Not this early in a season. Let it heal so you can actually make it through all the games.

At Texas Tech, it was hurt late in the year. Right now it's hurt at the beginning. While we could definitely use him, I'd rather have him for 14+ games.. than just 1.. and then him injured and out for the rest.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 12, 2011 at 1:53 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I understand Crabtree wants to help the team, and that he has played on a broken foot before back at Tech, but this can't be allowed to be a lingering problem. Not this early in a season. Let it heal so you can actually make it through all the games.

At Texas Tech, it was hurt late in the year. Right now it's hurt at the beginning. While we could definitely use him, I'd rather have him for 14+ games.. than just 1.. and then him injured and out for the rest.

agree 100%. Deactivate him, active Williams, trot out Walker, etc. let him get healthy and then come slowly back when he can really contribute.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

agree 100%. Deactivate him, active Williams, trot out Walker, etc. let him get healthy and then come slowly back when he can really contribute.

I still believe Crabtree can be a very effective player, especially in the WCO which sets up well for him. However, he must get fully healthy. You just can't play this game when your feet hurt. I will be disappointed if they allow him to "play hurt." One of his strengths has been going up for the tough catch over a defender and you just can't do that if you cannot push off without pain. Sit him till he heals.

Absolutely.

Also agree!
Originally posted by dj43:
Trading Crabtree talk is foolishness. For one thing, no team is going to give up very much for a guy with his history of foot injuries. Until/unless he gets healthy and STAYS healthy, he isn't worth very much.

If he gets healthy, there is no reason to believe he could not be at least a solid #2 receiver. A tandem of Edwards/Crabtree could be nice package. So since there are really no other realistic options, waiting for him to get healthy is the only choice.

True and I'm still a fan of the guys talent. Just hope he heals.
I don't know what we could trade him for. If we could get a second or better, I would do it.
coulda had Dez bryant or desean jackson, both of which i wanted more than crabs. imagine if we would have taken desean instead of balmer, we woulda taken Oher instead of crabs, then the following year we coulda taken iupati and dez. Mismanaged early draft pics have hurt this team. Though Aldon looks like a solid pickup.
Crabtree still hurting.
The X-rays on the left foot of San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree(notes) were negative Sunday but that didn't stop it from hurting. "It hurt so bad I was concerned," Crabtree said, according to the Sacramento Bee.
Trade for Rashaun Woods.
The V. yeast infection still. I thought it would clear by the regular season.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
coulda had Dez bryant or desean jackson, both of which i wanted more than crabs. imagine if we would have taken desean instead of balmer, we woulda taken Oher instead of crabs, then the following year we coulda taken iupati and dez. Mismanaged early draft pics have hurt this team. Though Aldon looks like a solid pickup.

Could have had a V8! Can't believe you've lost faith in Balmer and Mays, but not everyone is a true blue fan. Most of their draft picks have actually been decent over the past five years. Not great but as good as most teams.

2006: VD, Manny, Michael Robinson, Haralson & D Walker.
2007 has been steller: Willis, Staley, McDonald and Goldson.
2008: Rachal, R Smith, Morgan & Grant.
2009: OK, not so good but still--Crabtree & Ricky Jean-Francois
2010: A Davis, Iupati, Bowman, Dixon & K Williams
2011: Kilgore, Aldon, CK, Culliver, Hunter & Miller
The media reports: Crabtree is not a diva.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/09/inside-the-49ers/michael-crabtree-is-not-a-diva/

Probably the most notable part of the article:
Quote:

Another reporter asked him about the play when he flapped his arms in the back of the end zone ? a real diva move, and he said he wished he hadn?t done it. He seemed sincere. He said he spazzed out, and I diva would never say that.
  • buck
  • Veteran
The media reports: Crabtree is not a diva.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/09/inside-the-49ers/michael-crabtree-is-not-a-diva/

Probably the most notable part of the article:

Nice article. Thanks for posting it.
Once Crabtree is 100%, expect him to blossom in this offense