LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 294 users in the forums

Crabtree..whats with him and what would you like to do

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Crabtree..whats with him and what would you like to do

If you love him. Enjoy him while he's here. If you hate him. Don't worry.

He will never sign another contract to stay in SF. (we won't offer and he wouldn't want to stay anyway)

We would never get jack for him in a trade either.
I understand that because he hasn't played in 1 preseason yet, its reason for somewhat of a red flag to come up to question his work ethic, but in his defense he has been injured in the past and this year so that let's him off the hook in that regard.

Secondly, just because Crabtree doesn't have the long, articulated answers that some may want to hear when he does actually speak, he gets thrown under the bus for being selfish which magnifies the enigma that is Crabtree. But its been a known factor since day 1 that he is the introvert type so I guess shoot the man for not saying much. Anyway you look at it, he's here, he's going to play and he makes us better when he's on the field. We aren't a powerhouse talent that can afford to trade someone like him away unless it was for a high round pick, which knowing the Niners, they wouldn't be able to get for him.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
I had a gut feeling this would lead to Andrew Luck connection but I read it anyway and immediately regret doing so. How does every single unhappy fan loop a completely unrelated subject back to some maniacal scheme to select Luck in the draft?!?!?! Jesus people unless we honest to God blow so badly to end up with the worst record we will never get a greasy mits on Luck! The sooner you come to terms with him playing in Seattle, Denver, Washington, Buffalo, Miami or Cincinnati the better off you'll all be. No team is going to trade away their #1 this year if they have low expectations for the year.
Miami = Tougher division then us. Chad Henne is like the East Coast Alex Smith, but Miami isn't going to keep him around as long lol
Buffalo = Fitz is awesome but come on you know they'd take Luck if they could, tougher division then us
Washington = Even Shanahan would know not to pass up on the second coming of Elway, tougher division then us
Denver = See the washington reference plus Orton will be a FA and Tebow is Tebow and nothing would make getting rid of the last piece of the McDaniels era any easier then selecting Luck. Someone's got to lose in the AFC west and it's going to be the raiders or Broncos and I'm going Broncos because their horrible run game and bad secondary.
Seattle = okay St. Louis is going to win our division and the battle for second place comes down to which average QB can throw better then the other and I would take the 9ers simply because our QB will Edwards, VD and Crabtree while Kolb will have pretty much only Larry Fitzgerald.....Seattle loses out because of how bad their QB's look
EDIT: FORGOT CINNCY LOL: They might have A.J. Green now but with Andy Dalton or Bruce Gradkowski throwing the ball to him they have almost no chance in the AFC north. I think Benson could be suspended for his stuff unless the league already said no suspension for him. The Bengals collected the NFC west rejects and lost Joseph in free agency and every pittsburgh game I watched(also a steelers fan) I watched the Bengals D get steamrolled.....
There you have it a handful of teams more likely to end up picking before us in the draft let alone more likely to pick #1 overall....
Seriously we have almost no chance of touching Luck with a 10foot pole so get over it already.
[ Edited by sfout on Sep 9, 2011 at 10:00 PM ]
Originally posted by bjghum:

He will never sign another contract to stay in SF. (we won't offer and he wouldn't want to stay anyway)

When did that ever stop this team? We picked Kentwan Balmer, Taylor Mays and now maybe Crabtree high. And we trade away early round picks for later round picks all the time. We are the only team in the NFL who regularly does it. Apparently the way to greatness is pick high, trade for low and expect little or nothing in return. At least that's the 49ers strategy...
Leave Crabtree alone, he is a niner!!!!
Never understood the hate w/ Crabtree.

Guy is going to be a stud. Will break out this season.

Has a WR to compliment him on the other side. 1000+ yards and near 10 TDs this season.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

When did that ever stop this team? We picked Kentwan Balmer, Taylor Mays and now maybe Crabtree high. And we trade away early round picks for later round picks all the time. We are the only team in the NFL who regularly does it. Apparently the way to greatness is pick high, trade for low and expect little or nothing in return. At least that's the 49ers strategy...

You know other teams cut first rounders too, we just 7th rounders for em. Or keep them for 7 years
Joe Staley was his roommate and said the dude is a stand up guy who nobody really knows but the team. The coaches speak highly of him also, so what does your or my opinion matter. Leave the dude alone. GO NINERS!!!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
i watched the interview. the OP is wrong if he thinks Crabtree was belittling Alex.

man, is Crabtree awkward or what? too much so to be considered a diva, imo.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/ninersvideo

See video with Crabtree and his Niners hat on...

Kid just looks really nervous and just looks like he doesn't really enjoy or is comfortable with having tons of microphones stuffed in his face.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 10, 2011 at 12:14 AM ]

I lol'd at the josh Morgan gap tooth comment
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

You know other teams cut first rounders too, we just 7th rounders for em. Or keep them for 7 years

Pick in the 1st. Trade for 7th. Makes sense to me.
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

Pick in the 1st. Trade for 7th. Makes sense to me.

buy high sell low
just watched the interview. that was an extremely awkward interview. very weird.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
You "don't hear any other niners sticking up for him?" Really? I heard Joe Staley stick up for him. He said Crabtree was a hard worker and a good teammate. Both Matt Barrows and Grant Cohn have said that Crabtree's teammates seem to like him and that nobody on the team ever seems to have a problem with him. I think Crabtree is basically an introvert with an image problem. People outside the locker room are passing judgement on something they're not in a position to understand. Whether or not he was worth the #10 pick remains to be seen, but work ethic does not appear to be the issue. Feel free to judge his performance on Sundays, but why don't you let his teammates and his coaches be the judge of his character?
Share 49ersWebzone