There are 180 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Grant Cohn says we will go to playoffs this year

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Predicting failure is a mechanism to protect ones self from being let down, it is a pretty straightforward and well recognized reaction some exhibit. You and a few others here use it all the time. It is safer for you guys to predict failure than to think for one minute that the team might be better than they are. If you are right you get the petty satisfaction of an I told you so moment, if you are wrong you get to share in the glory of a winning season. One more thing to clear up while we are on the subject, being negative does not equate to being a realist, there are too many posters here that make that claim. This fan base is called The Faithful, it is truly a shame that there are some that cannot live up to it. Can you dig it?
The Faithful are guys who think permanently negative?
My prediction is that we win our division and win in the first round of the playoffs, and then lose horribly! BAMMMMM you heard it here first
Originally posted by GIMMEa6thSHIP:
My prediction is that we win our division and win in the first round of the playoffs, and then lose horribly! BAMMMMM you heard it here first

I said that in another thread.

We make the playoffs, then BEAT Greenbay (ala seattle beating the saints last year) and then get destroyed by someone in the following round.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

We make the playoffs, then BEAT Greenbay (ala seattle beating the saints last year) and then get destroyed by someone in the following round.

we couldn't beat green bay at chinese checkers. also, Alex can't carry Aaron's jock strap. Scenario above is not happening.
Grant Cohn is a tool.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

we couldn't beat green bay at chinese checkers. also, Alex can't carry Aaron's jock strap. Scenario above is not happening.

I love my team, but tend to agree. That seems virtually impossible. Green Bay is a better team.
I was really talking about Smith. You know that. Past performance is the best predictor of future performance. That is as real as it gets.

Not always true, Steve Young is just one example, then there is Rich Gannon. Hell Rodgers sucked at first, go look at Joe Montanas numbers his first couple of years, look at Mannings rookie year, there are literally hundreds of examples that show that what you are saying is not true on a fundamental level. Another good one is Brett Favre, he was great for quite a few years, then he sucked last year. In the NFL things are always changing, does this mean Smith will? Who knows? We can only wait and see.

There are so many holes in your rebuttal that I could drive a hummer throug them. do you really want to do this?

Agree with Shaj. Young, Gannon, Montana, Manning, Farve et al. all have one thing that our starting QB does not. They all had/have at least one great season. They all had/have one very good season. They all have/had one good season.

Alex Smith has never had a good season. Period. His seasons fall into the range of STINK, STANK and STUNK.

Anyone who believes that Harbaugh is going to transform this kid into something he's not and will never be (a winner) is smoking some serious Ganhj.
It's possible. I've said before that nobody in the division has improved head and shoulders above the rest. St. Louis, like us, is installing a new offense, but their defense is still horrible. They've looked good moving the ball this preseason but...that's preseason. Kolb is still largely unproven and it remains to be seen if he's ready to be a full-time starter. Seattle replaced Matt Hasselbeck with Tavares Jackson (enough said).

So I won't say it WILL happen but it's well within the realm of possibility.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerSquire:
You ALL are going to eat FUC%!#& Crow, this is the NFL expect the unexpected. There are just way too many examples every year of a team everyone thought would be crap and they end up making the playoffs or even winning the Super Bowl. It defies logic but my expectations are even higher for this team because all these lemming experts are predicting we will be terrible. This train is about to leave, its time to get the F!@K ON Faithful!!!

f**kin' A, go get em' Tiger.
Originally posted by Blitz:
You ALL are going to eat FUC%!#& Crow, this is the NFL expect the unexpected. There are just way too many examples every year of a team everyone thought would be crap and they end up making the playoffs or even winning the Super Bowl. It defies logic but my expectations are even higher for this team because all these lemming experts are predicting we will be terrible. This train is about to leave, its time to get the F!@K ON Faithful!!!

FAN BATTERY = FULL!

No need to play the season then. I guess it is all set. Predictions have been made.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by Blitz:

FAN BATTERY = FULL!

wait wait wait...you cant actually get that can you?
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
wait wait wait...you cant actually get that can you?

jail break i switch mine between lakers and 49ers depending on which season it is
Originally posted by communist:
Predicting failure is a mechanism to protect ones self from being let down, it is a pretty straightforward and well recognized reaction some exhibit. You and a few others here use it all the time. It is safer for you guys to predict failure than to think for one minute that the team might be better than they are. If you are right you get the petty satisfaction of an I told you so moment, if you are wrong you get to share in the glory of a winning season. One more thing to clear up while we are on the subject, being negative does not equate to being a realist, there are too many posters here that make that claim. This fan base is called The Faithful, it is truly a shame that there are some that cannot live up to it. Can you dig it?
The Faithful are guys who think permanently negative?

The Faithful are by definition, those who keep the faith comrade.

Eviscerate the proliferate!
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I was really talking about Smith. You know that. Past performance is the best predictor of future performance. That is as real as it gets.

Not always true, Steve Young is just one example, then there is Rich Gannon. Hell Rodgers sucked at first, go look at Joe Montanas numbers his first couple of years, look at Mannings rookie year, there are literally hundreds of examples that show that what you are saying is not true on a fundamental level. Another good one is Brett Favre, he was great for quite a few years, then he sucked last year. In the NFL things are always changing, does this mean Smith will? Who knows? We can only wait and see.

There are so many holes in your rebuttal that I could drive a hummer throug them. do you really want to do this?

Agree with Shaj. Young, Gannon, Montana, Manning, Farve et al. all have one thing that our starting QB does not. They all had/have at least one great season. They all had/have one very good season. They all have/had one good season.

Alex Smith has never had a good season. Period. His seasons fall into the range of STINK, STANK and STUNK.

Anyone who believes that Harbaugh is going to transform this kid into something he's not and will never be (a winner) is smoking some serious Ganhj.

Of course you guys missed the point, how typical.