LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

Bryant Young is eligible for HOF next year, does he make it in?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Bryant Young was "feared" in the NFL as long as he played. Without him the 1995 9ers were not what they were. They had to double and triple team him. He won't get in right away but let there be no mistake, he was the main man of offensive line of the Superbowl Champion 49ers line !

Hall of Fame ... even if put off for a while due to political reasons and/or respect for other greats.
Originally posted by Shaj:
I think he's deserving but he won't get in for at least 5 years, and there is a possibility he never does. what do you guys think.

This is pretty much how I see it. One of my favorite all-time Niners.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by Shaj:
I think he's deserving but he won't get in for at least 5 years, and there is a possibility he never does. what do you guys think.

This is pretty much how I see it. One of my favorite all-time Niners.

Agreed.
Originally posted by WeAreLegend:
Bryant Young was "feared" in the NFL as long as he played. Without him the 1995 9ers were not what they were. They had to double and triple team him. He won't get in right away but let there be no mistake, he was the main man of offensive line of the Superbowl Champion 49ers line !

Hall of Fame ... even if put off for a while due to political reasons and/or respect for other greats.

offensive line
I would compare him to Fred Dean, who eventually got in. Very good, impactful player who for some reason gets overlooked. He will get in at some point, but it could take over a decade.
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by WeAreLegend:

offensive line

Ya they had to triple team an offensive lineman. Beast!
it'd be nice, but he won't get in
John Madden used to rave about Bryant Young when we played on national TV broadcasts. Not as much as he did Brett Favre, but still a lot.
Around 1998, he said if he could take only one player from the 49ers to play for his team, at the current stage of their careers, he would take Bryant Young.

If they're not going to let Haley in because of bad character, then they should give Bryant Young MORE merit because of good character. There have been few DT's like him to ever play.
John Madden used to rave about Bryant Young when we played on national TV broadcasts. Not as much as he did Brett Favre, but still a lot.
Around 1998, he said if he could take only one player from the 49ers to play for his team, at the current stage of their careers, he would take Bryant Young.

If they're not going to let Haley in because of bad character, then they should give Bryant Young MORE merit because of good character. There have been few DT's like him to ever play.

• Silky
  • Veteran
our last great run stopper/pass rusher
he'll get in one day I think.

first ballot? no way.

speaking of that who are the potential first ballot'ers this year anyways?
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
our last great run stopper/pass rusher

Justin Smith disagrees.

What's horribly unfortunate is that Young didn't play one more year. We all know he had it in him. His final season he was fantastic. Him + Smith would have been pure hell for other teams.
[ Edited by Evilgenius on Sep 7, 2011 at 3:46 AM ]
Close. Not first ballot, hope he gets the nod though.
Share 49ersWebzone