There are 201 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who will lead the 49ers in Sacks in 2011?

Who will lead the 49ers in Sacks in 2011?

Aldon Smith is the best pass rusher we have. He is the most natural rushing athlete. The only question is does he get enough reps? They are worried about him in pass coverage.
  • mike
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,827
dobbs baby. From undrafted straight to the pro bowl. 10+ sacks.
[ Edited by mike on Sep 7, 2011 at 5:20 PM ]
Fangio wants everyone to be feared by the QB and this would be the way to do it. A Smith made Dobbs look like an all-pro, J Smith is already an all-pro!.

Justin Smith - 10
Aldon Smith - 7
Ahmad Brooks - 7
Parys Haralson - 5
Patrick Willis - 5
Navorro Bowman - 5
Demarcus Dobbs - 5
R Smith - 2
Whitner - 1
Goldson - 1
Rogers - 1
Spencer 1
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Sep 7, 2011 at 6:13 PM ]
I don't konw, I can easily see Bowman, Aldon Smith, Brooks Cowboy or maybe somebody out of the secondary with a healthy total of sacks. I don't think we will have one guy with 18. The numbers will be more like 6,7,6,5,4,
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Fans - 40,000 sacks on their heads


Best line of the day....and probably most true.
  • mike
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,827
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Fangio wants everyone to be feared by the QB and this would be the way to do it. A Smith made Dobbs look like an all-pro, J Smith is already an all-pro!.

Justin Smith - 10
Aldon Smith - 7
Ahmad Brooks - 7
Parys Haralson - 5
Patrick Willis - 5
Navorro Bowman - 5
Demarcus Dobbs - 5
R Smith - 2
Whitner - 1
Goldson - 1
Rogers - 1
Spencer 1
I actually think it was the other way around, aldon played best when dobbs was doing most of the heavy lifting next to him.

It was mainly backups they were facing though so it's kinda hard to judge forreal.
It has to be Brooks, Aldon isn't starting week one, but he will take over for Harlson eventually which takes away from both of their sack totals
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
It has to be Brooks, Aldon isn't starting week one, but he will take over for Harlson eventually which takes away from both of their sack totals

Maybe Justin.
Brooks looked lousy yesterday
Justin Smith, cuz hes a beast
McDonald, Smith, and Haralson played one hell of a game.. both pass rushing and stingy vs the run.. I noticed Brooks really wasnt getting a push and I'd like to see Aldon Smith use more of his athleticsm although I love how he trusts his arms and stregnth, he was close to getting 1!!

After week 1 im gonna have to say Haralson gets 10+ and leads the team
After one game Haralson and Cowboy look like they want it most. Brooks just looked slow out there yesterday, but he was around the ball a lot. It is very unusual for a de on a 3-4 defense to get a lot of sacks, but it looks like we have a couple of capable guys at that position.
Aldon Smith plays way too high. He won't lead, he will probably be number 3 on the team.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,732
Besides the tipped pass, I don't recall seeing a lot of Aldon in last Sunday's game. I was hoping he'd be all over the place. McDonald and J. Smith rocked though.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Besides the tipped pass, I don't recall seeing a lot of Aldon in last Sunday's game. I was hoping he'd be all over the place. McDonald and J. Smith rocked though.

There really wasn't much to see, Haralson played well enough to keep Smiths playing time to a minimum. Two sacks and two forced fumbles.