There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Harbaugh and Baalke may have just realized something big.

Originally posted by King49er:
I love how everybody think that we're not completely f**ked this year with the QB's that we have on our roster...I'm not joking, I'll be surprised if we can even finish 3rd this year in the division..

Nobody, thinks that we are sitting pretty at the QB position, but we are keeping an eye to the future. I like JH's and Ballke's thinking, a veteren QB at third string is not going to get us to the promise land, chances are the vet has reached his potential already, but more than likely is on the decline. Alex is just the caretaker. Walsh needed 3 years, so give JH that much time to develope the team and QB.
I think the biggest thing Harbaugh and Baalke has realized is that this division can be won with a losing record!
Originally posted by 2cents:
After these four preseason games their 1st and 2nd string QBs have significant release issues that are not going to go away.
Alex and Colin have long slow wind ups that telegraph their throws. The quick release It's an underrated skill for sure. Cant imagine why but, JH may have overlooked the significance of that when drafting Kap. This is one skill Tolzen has in spades. He can fire it to a guy with bodies closing in on him. I cant tell you how huge that is. Those miliseconds make all the difference in the world in the nfl. Hate to say it but Tolzien looks waaay more ready to start and NFL game then Kap.

From Matt Barrows today...

What do you like about Tolzien?
"I liked him in the 11-on-11 from college, a winner. I liked his mind. I liked how smart he was. I liked him when I went to the combine and there was nobody out on the field yet, but he came out early and was out there throwing the ball around. He was there every day throwing to the backs or to the receivers. He was there on the quarterback's day. He was always the first one out of the locker room just throwing balls, must have been for four to five hours. That's what I noticed first, what I first noticed, first really liked. Liked his tape, liked the way he gets the ball out quick. Liked the way he played against us the other night. Wanted to sign him, thinking hard about drafting him in the draft and then he was a priority free agent signing for us, but we weren't able to get it done. We got him now."
Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/09/what-harbaugh-likes-about-scott-tolzien.html#ixzz1XZEO4nVL

Rest my case.
Originally posted by 2cents:
From Matt Barrows today...

What do you like about Tolzien?
"I liked him in the 11-on-11 from college, a winner. I liked his mind. I liked how smart he was. I liked him when I went to the combine and there was nobody out on the field yet, but he came out early and was out there throwing the ball around. He was there every day throwing to the backs or to the receivers. He was there on the quarterback's day. He was always the first one out of the locker room just throwing balls, must have been for four to five hours. That's what I noticed first, what I first noticed, first really liked. Liked his tape, liked the way he gets the ball out quick. Liked the way he played against us the other night. Wanted to sign him, thinking hard about drafting him in the draft and then he was a priority free agent signing for us, but we weren't able to get it done. We got him now."
Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/09/what-harbaugh-likes-about-scott-tolzien.html#ixzz1XZEO4nVL

Rest my case.
the fact that he gets the ball out quick doesnt mean alex doesnt

he go him because he shows more promise than josh mccown and comes from a familiar offense
I just realized something. People post some stupid stuff on the Zone.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran