There are 220 users in the forums

49ers Roster Cutdown list (Full list on page 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Kristick is effing terrible. He does not deserve a spot on this team. Unless Costanzo's boneheaded 15-yarder cost him a spot on ST's, I don't see the value Keaton brings, especially if he's hurt.

I think theyre hanging on to Kristic until they sign another player who was cut, like Gooden from Baltimore.
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
That said . . . it looks as if DL Demarcus Dobbs is on the 49ers. That's no surprise. He earned it. He's at the facility in a team meeting.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by English:

Last third string qb that we had who had any value at all was, if I remember correctly, Steve Bono.

Shaun Hill was valued as a 7th round pick.

Yeah. But 7th round picks are pretty much valueless.

RJF has helped the cause. Was Heitman a sixth or seventh? Bruce Miller will be a player.

7th. But I didn't mean that. I meant when was the last time we had a 3rd qb who was any good.

So Bono spring to mind.

Fair enough, but the Lions would argue that Hill can get it done, and our resident S Hill fanboys might eat your kidneys for insinuating that he wasn't any good. Just lookin' out for you

I am relaxed about that. 4,000 miles away and I have all the airports covered!

When was Hill the 3rd stringer?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
That said . . . it looks as if DL Demarcus Dobbs is on the 49ers. That's no surprise. He earned it. He's at the facility in a team meeting.

never doubted it.
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

MUTHAF*CKIN YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Easily my favorite player in the preseason, dude deserved it 100% Cant wait to see this guy in a year or 2 with Tomsula coaching him up!

2007 for sure 1.Smith; 2.Dilfer ( ); 3.Hill
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
From all accounts, Kaep was getting the #2 reps in practice. McCown would get #3 reps (none), but be the 2nd QB into a game. That's what having a vet #3 is about, when you are developing a young #2. I don't want us to pull a Smith on Kaep. I've seen that movie before.

you cant coddle him forever. if smith goes down kaep may as well take his lumps this year and then be ready for next year. thats how i see it playing out. the #3 qb is an emergency option and should never play.

For a QB struggling with mechanics, starting an NFL game is the last thing he should do until at least year 2. People knew he was a project coming out, and now they want to throw him in asap. Good way to destroy a QB's confidence.

nobody wants to throw him in asap. but if alex gets hurt kap will play and dont get it twisted. lets just say alex gets hurt next week, who do you guys think is going to play? kap or some #3 qb that isnt even on the team right now. we might not even carry 3 qbs this year. harbaugh has said numerous times he would be comfortable with kap starting. im not so sure why the fans think they no better than him.

and btw, alex failed because of the revolving door at OC. not because he started year one. in fact he looked pretty damn good year 2 under norv.
[ Edited by OptimusPrime52 on Sep 3, 2011 at 1:45 PM ]

Forgot about Dufus!! How could I forget him? Damn!!!
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

MUTHAF*CKIN YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Easily my favorite player in the preseason, dude deserved it 100% Cant wait to see this guy in a year or 2 with Tomsula coaching him up!

Dobbs would be my 2nd fav. player in pre-season, Hunter is my 1st. Agreed, Dobbs making the team is well-deserved.

Forgot about Dufus!! How could I forget him? Damn!!!

It's called psychological repression of memories. It's a defense mechanism, and I am jealous that you have it in this instance... err, had it. Sorry about that.

Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Alex Joseph > Kristick

That hit Joseph had on a RB for SD was amazing. I hope all of these guys that showed something make it but then I remember that we have willis and bowman ahead of them.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
From all accounts, Kaep was getting the #2 reps in practice. McCown would get #3 reps (none), but be the 2nd QB into a game. That's what having a vet #3 is about, when you are developing a young #2. I don't want us to pull a Smith on Kaep. I've seen that movie before.

you cant coddle him forever. if smith goes down kaep may as well take his lumps this year and then be ready for next year. thats how i see it playing out. the #3 qb is an emergency option and should never play.
Can't coddle him forever? Dude its been 4 preseason games. Most people agreed the guy would need to sit for atleast a year before he'd be ready to play

yep, and thats still the plan, but if alex goes down kap will play.
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

He better make it. If Maiocco comes back and says "Nevermind. Dobbs cut." I will scream, because it'd be a stupid move. Dobbs did more in both defending the run and pass than Tukuafu did.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Can't coddle him forever? Dude its been 4 preseason games. Most people agreed the guy would need to sit for atleast a year before he'd be ready to play

yep, and thats still the plan, but if alex goes down kap will play.

he's not ready to play yet though. His footwork is bad, he doesnt go through his progressions, he doesnt read the defense well, he scrambles and gets sacked too much. I mean if he plays we will lose, bottom line. I dont really get why a lot of you want to bet the farm on a 2nd round rookie. Its not like he was even a first round pick or showed a lot of ability to play in the NFL yet. I don't see how he's earned that back up spot.
Rookie S Colin Jones has made the initial 53-man roster, according to a league source ...per Barrows
Share 49ersWebzone