Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is RB Anthony Dixon on the hot seat?

Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
according to Maiocco Dixon might be cut today or this week

No he didn't... he never said that.

I call BS.
yea not looking good for Dixon.
Trade him to the colts for a 3rd or 4th
He showed up to camp, overweight with some story about bulking up to play FB. Maybe that bulk wasn't muscle! He looked bad in preseason, I thought for sure he would get moved to FB and Norris would be toast. Niners had 3 RB in for try outs yesterday, that coupled with Dixons one carry in four games....looks bad! I was hopeful we had a Jerome Bettis kinda freak of nature when we picked him up last season, but I guess not.
How does anyone know he sucks if he only has 1 carry??!!
Personally, I don't see him being worthy of a roster spot. What does he give us, really? As big as he is, he needs to be a piledriver in there. But the guy puts on his dancing shoes before every game, it seems, and thinks he's Barry Sanders. Hit the hole and stop fricking dancing.
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:

I call BS.

he speculated on Twitter and on his article because we tried out 3 rbs.
I can't paste the link from mobile.

check it.

I call BS.

check it.

On twitter or his blog he never typed the words Dixon might be cut today or this week

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/49ers-work-out-three-RBs?blockID=572424&feedID=5884
[ Edited by valrod33 on Oct 5, 2011 at 11:27 AM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:

I call BS.

check it.

On twitter or his blog he never typed the words Dixon might be cut today or this week

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/49ers-work-out-three-RBs?blockID=572424&feedID=5884

I call BS.

check it.

No, he did not speculate in his article that Dixon would be cut today, this week or at all.
Dixon must be worried, with all his tweets last night, I'm pretty sure he was drunk or really high

Originally posted by MSteitz468:
Dixon must be worried, with all his tweets last night, I'm pretty sure he was drunk or really high

thats how he normally tweets
Originally posted by PTulini:
Should he not make the 49ers' roster?

In my opinion, he doesn't play up to his size and he dances around too much! I bet RB coach, Tom Rathman gets really pissed off at Anthony Dixon!

Obviously we know Frank Gore is the #1 RB, Kendall Hunter should be #2, and I would like to see Xavier Omon be the #3 RB!

Dixon isn't a FB. So what value does he bring to this team? I say they should cut him.

No. He's not exactly doing anything wrong when he plays. He had some key first down plays against the Bengals.

I believe you mean to focus on the secondary, which needs to be upgraded sorely.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by MSteitz468:

thats how he normally tweets

Yeah, but he had a lot more than he usually does...last night he did more than Braylon usually does
Originally posted by freetworhyme:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Should he not make the 49ers' roster?

In my opinion, he doesn't play up to his size and he dances around too much! I bet RB coach, Tom Rathman gets really pissed off at Anthony Dixon!

Obviously we know Frank Gore is the #1 RB, Kendall Hunter should be #2, and I would like to see Xavier Omon be the #3 RB!

Dixon isn't a FB. So what value does he bring to this team? I say they should cut him.

No. He's not exactly doing anything wrong when he plays. He had some key first down plays against the Bengals.

I believe you mean to focus on the secondary, which needs to be upgraded sorely.

Dixon only has one carry for 6 yards for the season... against Dallas.
JH is not as patient or understanding as Dingleberry, just ask Chilo! Pick it up Dixon, if you don't perform we need you roster spot for someone who will!
Share 49ersWebzone