There are 814 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is RB Anthony Dixon on the hot seat?

Is RB Anthony Dixon on the hot seat?

Dixon played well because the o line played well... just like a lot or RBs.
Love Dixon's Miss ippi axcent n all dat he does!
Gore
Hunter
Dixon
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by buck:
Dixon was not a third round pick. He was the first of our two second rounds picks in the 2010 draft.

I think Dixon should be on the hot seat, but he might not be. He danced too much last year.

He put on weight this year, but he continues to dance.

He was shifty in college. He wants to be shifty in the NFL. It is not working.

He reminds me of Barlow.

On the other hand, if he stays on the squad, and it looks like he will, I will not be upset.

Maybe, he will improve his game, and that would be nice.

Wait what? Wasn't Dixon a 6th rounder?

yes but baalke and singletary wanted to draft him in the 2nd rd
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by buck:
Dixon was not a third round pick. He was the first of our two second rounds picks in the 2010 draft.

I think Dixon should be on the hot seat, but he might not be. He danced too much last year.

He put on weight this year, but he continues to dance.

He was shifty in college. He wants to be shifty in the NFL. It is not working.

He reminds me of Barlow.

On the other hand, if he stays on the squad, and it looks like he will, I will not be upset.

Maybe, he will improve his game, and that would be nice.

Wait what? Wasn't Dixon a 6th rounder?

yes but baalke and singletary wanted to draft him in the 2nd rd

I don't know where you're getting that from, but why does it matter?

GMs are always going to say, "yeah we're super excited to have gotten this guy in blah blah (low) round because we actually had him rated as a blah blah blah (higher) round pick."

But either way, dude was picked in the 6th round and has looked pretty good for a 6th rounder.

I think he was faster before he put on more weight, but he did look pretty good in goal line situations.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Dixon played well because the o line played well... just like a lot or RBs.

True but he definitely didn't sit in the backfield and dance as much as the past few games. He did it at the goal line in the past as well. Can't have a short yardage/goal line back dancing.
No I don't think so. I think we can use 3 RB's. Gore/Hunter/Dixon. You can't have all small RB's. 1 big short yardage RB is good to have. And he has flashed good ability at times. He is not as nifty or speedy or quick as Hunter. But he also outweighs Hunter by 45 pounds or so and is more of a short yardage bruiser. You need somebody who can get 1 - 2 tough yards. IMO for as big as he is he is pretty athletic with good speed and moves for his size. I don't personally see the criticism. I think he has played pretty well overall. He had a fantastic preseason last year and a good one this year.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
No I don't think so. I think we can use 3 RB's. Gore/Hunter/Dixon. You can't have all small RB's. 1 big short yardage RB is good to have. And he has flashed good ability at times. He is not as nifty or speedy or quick as Hunter. But he also outweighs Hunter by 45 pounds or so and is more of a short yardage bruiser. You need somebody who can get 1 - 2 tough yards. IMO for as big as he is he is pretty athletic with good speed and moves for his size. I don't personally see the criticism. I think he has played pretty well overall. He had a fantastic preseason last year and a good one this year.

That is not Dixon at all.
Originally posted by PTulini:

He did fine for short yardage getting in for TD's tonight... And he can also run. How soon people forget he led the NFL in preseason in rushing last year. And this year he played pretty well albeit splitting more reps with more backs. But he is far from bad for a big man in the open field. He can make people miss and has deceptive speed for a big man. People talk about him like he is useless. But he's been nothing but a good runner for us for as long as we had him when given opportunities.

huh? That is Dixon, and that is his role on this team, as he has proved this preseason, as he did last year and pre season.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

huh? That is Dixon, and that is his role on this team, as he has proved this preseason, as he did last year and pre season.

I like Dixon, I think he is underrated on this board, but that is not him. He doesnt try to run people over as his first option, his style of play is shiftier than Kendall Hunter. You guys see this big 250 lb running back and you automatically assume he's a bruiser when he's not. His two short yardage touchdowns had nothing to do with his size... it was vision. Hunter and Gore could have and would have done the same thing. His size allows him to do his famous stiff arm move, it allows him to drag people with him but lets be honest, this is a little man trapped in a big mans body. You will see Dixon try to jump over the goal line just as often as he will power through it. He has no problem juking or even trying to hurdle players...

This guy is suffering the "weight" version of the Wes Welker syndrome, you know how every young white WR is compared to Welker, This kid is being labeled a Bruiser when thats not his style.
[ Edited by modninerfan on Sep 2, 2011 at 9:32 AM ]
had a very nice game last night. Was running straight ahead, good vision, used his size to his advantage in short yardage situations. If he continues to do that, we're in awesome shape.
Hunter will be #2, Dixon #3 and Omon on PS.
Anyone think maybe they start moving DIxon to FB type duties?