LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

Is RB Anthony Dixon on the hot seat?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is RB Anthony Dixon on the hot seat?

• ACUK
  • Veteran
I think Omon has had a better preseason, but I just can't see us keeping him over Dixon.
No, but he will be next season if he doesn't improve his YPC and his short yardage runs.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Umm... he's listed as the second string running back on the depth chart.

Omon is fourth string.

There is more to the competition than the preseason games, guys.

Most of the evaluation is done during practice.

Being king of the fourth stringers doesn't mean much.

Now, if Omon were getting reps with the second unit to see how he performs in a game, I might read something into it.

The way things are right now, it looks like a lock that Dixon makes the team.
Originally posted by valrod33:
He is better than Omon but not Hunter. Dixon is our 3rd RB

Gore , Hunter , and then Dixon at this point. You can't read anything into Omans going against 3's and 4's IMHO.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He always has a career in dancing.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by HessianDud:

I dunno what happened to this kid.... But last year he flashed a "one cut and go" and now he got his dancin shoes on... that dancing is a direct reflection of his in-ability to see the hole before it opens up. Lack of vision. I hope he figures it out... and hope he ditches twitter... that s**t is a distraction. ie: Arian Foster... and Chris Johnson...
Originally posted by boast:

I might prefer Dixon to be our #2 in "and short" situations. Somehow, he stops dancing when he needs just 1 yard. And he's better between the tackles than Hunter is. If he'd just stop freaking thinking he's Barry Sanders.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Jakemall:

I might prefer Dixon to be our #2 in "and short" situations. Somehow, he stops dancing when he needs just 1 yard. And he's better between the tackles than Hunter is. If he'd just stop freaking thinking he's Barry Sanders.

Dixon is not a NFL RB he should be cut and we should sign Portis to back up Gire.

If he gets cut he always has dancing with the stars!
I don't think he is, but he should be. I just don't think Omon is that much better.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by susweel:
Dixon is not a NFL RB he should be cut and we should sign Portis to back up Gire.

if we were to sign anyone off of the street, it should be Brian Westbrook. WCO beast and wayyyy better at picking up the blitz.
[ Edited by boast on Sep 1, 2011 at 9:47 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

if we were to sign anyone off of the street, it should be Brian Westbrook. WCO beast!

Dude has a soft head.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

if we were to sign anyone off of the street, it should be Brian Westbrook. WCO beast!

Dude has a soft head.

Portis has a soft everything
Share 49ersWebzone