There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How come nobody believes in this team?

Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We cannot because all 5 guys on the O Line can't block. I've never seen that before in NFL history. Worse O Line I ever seen.....

Honestly now, you really think they're worse than the 2004 OL when we went 2-14? They will get better, they just have to.

Why do they have to get better? Because you hope they do?.....
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Honestly now, you really think they're worse than the 2004 OL when we went 2-14? They will get better, they just have to.

this is the worst OLine I have ever seen on an professional football team period!!!! Our QB's had defenders in their face during their 3-5-7 step drops and they were hit on damn near every play.

I agree. This is the worst Offensive Line performance I have ever seen in football as long as I've been watching. You have 3, 4, 5 guys on a jailbreak to the QB on every play. On 3 step drops our guys get hit on step 2. They don't even have time to get their foot planted in the gound for step #3. Honestly I never thought in my life Offensive Line play could possibly be this bad. It's absolutely incredible and threatens to derail the entire season. It's further amazing that people are blaming the QB's...
Originally posted by BobS:
Riddle me this. You appear to be one of those guys that predict 10-6 or 11-5 and a play-off run every year. How many times have you been right after the Yorks put their stamp on the franchise and canned Mooch? How many times have people like me predicting 6-8 wins been right? How many people in position of power do we have that have a successful track record in the NFL at their current positions? The most important members of the franchise are Owner, GM, Head Coach and QB. How do ours stack up against top tier teams?

See it's people like you who will never believe. It's easy to predict a 6-8 win season. It is very difficult to win in the NFL and obviously things are stacked against us. I could sit here at my desk and be like "We suck blah blah, our OL is the worst in the world blah blah, Alex Smith is garbage he should have never came back blah blah, JH is a rookie HC and doesn't know what he's doing Blah blah etc. etc.," but I don't do that. I CHOOSE to be positive because it serves no purpose to be negative until we are about midseason and the season is lost already. Then the negativity will come out in me, but not right now.
I like your post and your enthusiasm, however this team is basically the same team as the last year. At some points the fans need to realize that we just don't have many good players. I think our D is going to be Ok, but the Offense is a different story. Terrible quarter backing along with an Ol that can't even protect the most simple pre- season defensive schemes, doesn't inspire much confidence with us fans. Here is my solution:
1- Ride this season with what we got, and learn the system as best as we can.
2- let Baalke go and bring in a GM that understands the WCO and has connections to the league. Some one with experienced who is respected and trusted by JH.
3- Start rebuilding the offense again. I hate to say it but beside Gore, VD and Walker, who do we really have that is worth keeping. Most of these guys couldn' even be a third stringer in a good team. No, i didn't forget about Crabtree, I would just ship his ass out and give that opportunity to someone who wants to play.
4- The Yorks have to open their pocket and be serious about the free agency next year.
Originally posted by 190836:
I like your post and your enthusiasm, however this team is basically the same team as the last year. At some points the fans need to realize that we just don't have many good players. I think our D is going to be Ok, but the Offense is a different story. Terrible quarter backing along with an Ol that can't even protect the most simple pre- season defensive schemes, doesn't inspire much confidence with us fans. Here is my solution:
2- let Baalke go and bring in a GM that understands the WCO and has connections to the league. Some one with experienced who is respected and trusted by JH.
3- Start rebuilding the offense again. I hate to say it but beside Gore, VD and Walker, who do we really have that is worth keeping. Most of these guys couldn' even be a third stringer in a good team. No, i didn't forget about Crabtree, I would just ship his ass out and give that opportunity to someone who wants to play.
4- The Yorks have to open their pocket and be serious about the free agency next year.

LOL. Never going to happen.....
Harbaugh is the first breath of fresh air in the organization in ten years. I truly believe he will turn things around sooner rather than later. Just give him some time to get back to the West Coast system.
"we will score"
I think the start of the season will be abysmal. Everything we are doing is new. Zoners will be lining up at the golden gate to jump. I also think that somewhere around mid season we will begin to see glimpses of what is to come. I don't see us having a great year but I think we will see tangible reasons for optimism by the end. We are at a low point right now but the future is bright.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

LB
the only thing that makes me happy about this team is Jim Harbaugh. he's the sole reason that the 9ers might turn it around in the near future.
I bet a lot of ppl who were super-excited after last year's preseason are the same ones who are abandoning the ship this year before the 1st game of the season. They are pretty much the same ppl who threw Frank Gore under the bus after he asked for an extension, and have been trashing Crabtree for not practicing with a broken foot.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 190836:

LOL. Never going to happen.....

Kinda did happen when we signed Clements and Lewis, and then Justin Smith. Extensions to Vernon, Willis, and Frank also prove you wrong.
I think because this is our team. We care. Most of us have grown up rooting for this team, watching them fight for the nfc championship every year. We have had probowl, and hall of fame players and we have stories we can't wait to tell our kids. So, we want that back. And we get disheartened when we see things that look familiar to the last 8 years. We aren't bashing the team, we just want the niners to do well! I love the 49ers and will cheer and watch regardless, but that doesn't mean I don't have opinions or feelings, tag?
I believe!! Go Niners!!
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
The last decade's results?
I agree with this guy. We will.win bcuz Haurbaugh knows the OLine can't pass block well, so we will run the ball with a 3back system and rely on our defense.