LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 153 users in the forums

How many people think the OL

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How many people think the OL

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
honestly i dont get whats taking so long we have virtualy the same unit same coach i think the lockout just effected them

hopefully it was the fact that they didnt watch game film on the texans D

because so far what i have seen in preseason is that whenever alex has had time he got the ball in the redzone whenever he doesnt he gets sacked within 2-3 seconds

Let's agree Saints game wasn't fair.
Looked good in the Raiders game.
Never got a chance to settle down in the HOU game due to QB musical chairs. I still think Alex's experience alone settles them down and they get on a little rhythm. Can't do that with a rookie.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Maybe the Oline took out a large insurance policy on Alex Smith.......just saying

I was thinking that Alex skimped on the QB to O-line gift at the end of last year due to his status with the team being so uncertain...
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Originally posted by Howlett:
Can't get much worse

You got a problem?
Looks like a 5 man Kwame Harris to me. Never thought it was even possible.
You got a problem?

Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Can't get much worse

You got a problem?

Lmao, I've never before seen someone come off so badly as a "punk" -- like so bad I cannot hold back the laughter You're killin' me.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 30, 2011 at 6:20 PM ]
How many people think we will pick up the cowboys center Andre Gurode? He is a 5time pro bowler, and would def. Help us.have more depth.
Anthony davis BUST, Chilo Rachel BUST, Joe Staley AVERAGE, Mike Upuita, AVERAGE
Originally posted by ace130:

i think your pooty is average too
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
honestly i dont get whats taking so long we have virtualy the same unit same coach i think the lockout just effected them

hopefully it was the fact that they didnt watch game film on the texans D

because so far what i have seen in preseason is that whenever alex has had time he got the ball in the redzone whenever he doesnt he gets sacked within 2-3 seconds

Even if you have the play books in the off-season, and have a 2 weeks Camp Alex. Nothing can replace real game situations. Even though we have the same O-Line coach, Solari was not coaching blocking schemes, protections schemes and O-Line audibles for the WCO.. He was coaching according to what Jimmey Raye wanted, which is what Sing wanted and that was more of a man up grind em version of the Coryell system.. Or Digit system as Norv Turner called it.

Two completely different systems for the O-Line and offense in general...

I don't understand why everyone did not expect something like this to happen with the line early on. No mini-camps, no OTA's, no off-season at all...

It is possible that they just suck, and won't get it, especially on the right side. It's also possible that going from one system to another, takes some time, and they will gel later as they play together more. Give it some time and relax guys.. Don't expect big things this year...

Expect to see some players blossom, get better and expect to see certain players get exposed and replaced.. This year is kind of a wash really. This year determines who can function in this system and continuing in building that up, and who doesn't that needs to be replaced and go from there...
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by ace130:

i think your pooty is average too

I think u wanna touch his pooty

• flow
  • Veteran
we had better pick up 2 more qbs off of waivers because they are going to go down like mosquitoes in a Raid cloud.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I want the 4 guys so far who said it will get worse to explain themselves. I don't think that is possible.
They will in prove.....................new coach
Part of me is hoping they are bluffing during preseason to get Carroll to target certain areas. Then they will have crazy schemes to walk all over the Seachickens!

Hey, one can only hope!
Share 49ersWebzone