LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 329 users in the forums

Stop with the Luck sweepstakes...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erred:
We are Fans, Fan is short for fanatical. Apparently you did not watch the inept play of the offense in the first 3 pre season games?? Now do not give me the "they are saving it for the regular season" garbage.

Our offense needs a franchised qb. Could Kaepernick be that qb? I think maybe

Could the X factor who went for 3 completions with a 2.7 qb rating, I think 6 years of history says no

Right now we need an Offensive line. I am hoping that 75% is because they need to gel. Either that or snyder ain't making the line calls.
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Exactly, No QB could play behind that performance you saw vs the saints/Texans.

Anyone who blames the QB plain and simple has no clue.

So, once we have a good oline we won't have any good QB to take advantage of it, and we will still suck.

Might as well fix the QB situation as soon as possible while we can.

The most important position.
F Luck!!!
Originally posted by Redeemer:
You haven't been watching the preseason games, have you?

Anyone comparing Lucks stats to Leinarts needs to get real! USC was loaded with NFL talent on both sides of the ball, including a slew of play makers on offense who were better than than Leinart. They made him look better. Luck makes everyone else around him better and he is clearly head and shoulders above his teammates in regards to talent and ability.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
even though we used a 2nd this year on CK, I definitely see us signing a capable veteran or drafting another QB at some point in the draft
Originally posted by Redeemer:
You haven't been watching the preseason games, have you?

So what you're going to pass on franchise qb draft another lineman, and still continue to watch our line look like balls. Let me remind what our current line looks like. 3 1st rounders, 1 second rounder, and 1 center plucked from the 2009 Super Bowl champs.

If a franchise qb is on the board he's a no brainer. The line will get better over time.
Originally posted by Ninerman49:
Remember the last person we were hoping to come out of the draft for us? Matt Leinart.. he even had better stats with only a worse completion percentage.. 807 completions on 1,245 attempts (64.8% completion percentage) for 10,693 yards, 99 touchdowns and 23 pics to lucks 3338 yds, 70.7% comp, 32tds 8 ints in only 1 good season. If luck plays ok to good this season, we have no chance at him. He has too much hype attached to him like leinart did. We have too many good players on our team and there are too many bad teams (In need of QB's) out there.

But wait.... Leinart waited a year and then got drafted 10th... so maybe............ lol!
Leinert made a few good throws against blitzes Saturday, unlike our QBs.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by boast:
we'd suck with Luck if he has to play behind this o-line

you'd be amazed how good a "real" QB makes the rest of a team look. The colts with their backup QB playing look completely inept. Same with the Cardinals after Warner left. After Warner, the issues seem rampant and team wide, and their hc goes from looking like a genius to looking like an incompetent boob. In reality, all that has materially changed is they lost competence at one key position. From there, it's a trickle down effect. You should be *painfully* well aware of exactly how that works.

We are painfully aware that you haven't watched the games, or are in serious need of a football for dummies book.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

I do not comprehend how anyone could have watched this team over the past 7-8 years and not see this.

If we do get a shot at Luck in next year's draft, do you honestly think they won't make any other moves to protect their investment?

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

I do not comprehend how anyone could have watched this team over the past 7-8 years and not see this.

If we do get a shot at Luck in next year's draft, do you honestly think they won't make any other moves to protect their investment?

no one is saying we wouldn't draft Luck if we had the pick. my comment was meant to be taken literally.

we'd still suck with Luck if he has to play behind this o-line
Originally posted by Shaj:

you'd be amazed how good a "real" QB makes the rest of a team look. The colts with their backup QB playing look completely inept. Same with the Cardinals after Warner left. After Warner, the issues seem rampant and team wide, and their hc goes from looking like a genius to looking like an incompetent boob. In reality, all that has materially changed is they lost competence at one key position. From there, it's a trickle down effect. You should be *painfully* well aware of exactly how that works.

Essentially you said we will draft a quarterback and the season will be shot if Smith and CK play the way they did on Saturday. I agree with you about the Cardinals/Colts comparison. A great quarterback makes a huge difference. Everyone has seen how Kolb and Manning make their teams better. We still lack a franchise quarterback and I don't think CK is one.

no one is saying we wouldn't draft Luck if we had the pick. my comment was meant to be taken literally.

Yes but we are far better with Andrew Luck than with our current QB's. I'm sure in FA and the draft the o-line will be addressed. We still lack a franchise QB and CK isn't the answer IMO.

This.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Exactly, No QB could play behind that performance you saw vs the saints/Texans.

Anyone who blames the QB plain and simple has no clue.

So, once we have a good oline we won't have any good QB to take advantage of it, and we will still suck.

Might as well fix the QB situation as soon as possible while we can.

The most important position.

Exactly. Please see the Arizona Cardinals as an example.
Share 49ersWebzone