There are 163 users in the forums

Stop with the Luck sweepstakes...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
This board is delusional, they think luck is going to be the best player ever. He won't help us at all unless this line does something.

The line has to get better. But Luck's pocket awareness and footwork is miles ahead of what we currently have at QB.
Originally posted by Hopper:
The line has to get better. But Luck's pocket awareness and footwork is miles ahead of what we currently have at QB.

not to mention he is already the most suited and expert player to be in Harbaugh's system
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
This board is delusional, they think luck is going to be the best player ever. He won't help us at all unless this line does something.

doesn't mean s**t if you have less than 1.5 seconds to throw.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by boast:
we'd suck with Luck if he has to play behind this o-line

I do not comprehend how anyone could have watched this team over the past 7-8 years and not see this.

How can they be this bad most of the these guys have been very high draft picks. Are we coaching wrong or drafting wrong ?

a little from column A, a little from column B

Mainly, coaching wrong. And this will hopefully now change. Given time.

I really doubt Harbaugh and Co. will sit on the same line if they don't play better than last year's performance. I am sure there will be a tackle and guard available in next year's FA if our line doesn't play better.

What was concerning for me was there were plays in which alex and CK had time to throw the ball and they were late or simply made bad throws. If this continues I wouldn't be surprised to see another QB picked high in next year's draft.

Alex is expendable next year if he doesn't produce at a high level this year. CK and next year's selection will be the 49ers next QB project.
[ Edited by fister30 on Aug 29, 2011 at 12:04 PM ]
why would people want us to have the #1 pick? No faith in your team, then we get him and suck more then what?
/

doesn't mean s**t if you have less than 1.5 seconds to throw.
This.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame

you'd be amazed how good a "real" QB makes the rest of a team look. The colts with their backup QB playing look completely inept. Same with the Cardinals after Warner left. After Warner, the issues seem rampant and team wide, and their hc goes from looking like a genius to looking like an incompetent boob. In reality, all that has materially changed is they lost competence at one key position. From there, it's a trickle down effect. You should be *painfully* well aware of exactly how that works.
Originally posted by Bkninerfan:
why would people want us to have the #1 pick? No faith in your team, then we get him and suck more then what?
/

I believe the sweepstakes is more of in case that Alex plays the same as he has the last 5,6, or how many years he has been in the league and the niners have a really bad record, there can be a silver lining at the end of a bad season.
Originally posted by Ninerman49:
Remember the last person we were hoping to come out of the draft for us? Matt Leinart.. he even had better stats with only a worse completion percentage.. 807 completions on 1,245 attempts (64.8% completion percentage) for 10,693 yards, 99 touchdowns and 23 pics to lucks 3338 yds, 70.7% comp, 32tds 8 ints in only 1 good season. If luck plays ok to good this season, we have no chance at him. He has too much hype attached to him like leinart did. We have too many good players on our team and there are too many bad teams (In need of QB's) out there.

But wait.... Leinart waited a year and then got drafted 10th... so maybe............ lol!

I doubt Luck will be the #1 pick next year. There are a couple QBs that could easily leapfrog him in the draft.

Well we already tried throwing 1st round pick after 1st round pick on the line. Look where that got us.

I think what you guys have to remember is an offensive line needs continuity more than any other unit. This is 3 different centers in 3 years. There's alot of youth on our line. It's growing process still, and it's going to take time. I think eventually Staley needs to moved to right tackle and Davis needs to step up at LT or be moved inside to replae Rachal.
We're not going to get Luck. There's far worse teams in the NFL than us that are desperate for a QB as well. IE The Bengals and Bills.
1) We aren't getting Luck
2) Any thread about Luck in Niner Talk should be locked instantly
Originally posted by Ninerman49:
Originally posted by verb1der:

If we could get him and he saves us from losing, we will literally refer to this picture as a jesus photo... lmao

Screw fear the beard...this dude has a beard helmet. Whaaat?
Originally posted by Shaj:

you'd be amazed how good a "real" QB makes the rest of a team look. The colts with their backup QB playing look completely inept. Same with the Cardinals after Warner left. After Warner, the issues seem rampant and team wide, and their hc goes from looking like a genius to looking like an incompetent boob. In reality, all that has materially changed is they lost competence at one key position. From there, it's a trickle down effect. You should be *painfully* well aware of exactly how that works.

You haven't been watching the preseason games, have you?
Share 49ersWebzone