LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

report crabtree had surgery before camp

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
The vagina is a magical thing, its amazing how it heals itself once the regular season approaches.

you of all people would know right?
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
Crabs is still the #1 WR on this team. Vernon is a great TE and a mismatch against LBs and most Safetys and Braylon Edwards gives us a spark and a big play threat, but I still like Crabs overall game. If he stays healthy and develops a rapport with Alex early then weapons are there, not to mention a healthy Frank Gore. If the Oline can limit its mistakes and keep Alex upright, I think we can win 8-9 games and might be enough for the division title

LOL. What? Vernon has put up far superior #'s to Crabtree. Which is tougher to do at the TE position. And Edwards is a far superior prospect to Crab.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
Crabs is still the #1 WR on this team. Vernon is a great TE and a mismatch against LBs and most Safetys and Braylon Edwards gives us a spark and a big play threat, but I still like Crabs overall game. If he stays healthy and develops a rapport with Alex early then weapons are there, not to mention a healthy Frank Gore. If the Oline can limit its mistakes and keep Alex upright, I think we can win 8-9 games and might be enough for the division title

LOL. What? Vernon has put up far superior #'s to Crabtree. Which is tougher to do at the TE position. And Edwards is a far superior prospect to Crab.
Im going based on straight potential and skill set..
If you wanna rate them on production the last couple seasons then yeah you would go Vernon, Braylon, Crabs in that order.. Although if Crabs had played his full rookie season he might have surpassed Vernon in catches and yards in 09..
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
The kid is not a diva, a diva would be the exact opposite of this kid. Divas are attention hungry and never miss a chance at media attention. He strikes me as a shy person, not really a problem in my eyes.

Exactly...I don't understand this diva talk about Crabtree. From the comments of Harbaugh, Alex, Gore, Spencer, and others - it's obvious that his team-mates respect him, he works hard and has good work ethic. Apparently, some on the board feel they know more about Crabtree than his team-mates and coaches.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
The kid is not a diva, a diva would be the exact opposite of this kid. Divas are attention hungry and never miss a chance at media attention. He strikes me as a shy person, not really a problem in my eyes.

Exactly...I don't understand this diva talk about Crabtree. From the comments of Harbaugh, Alex, Gore, Spencer, and others - it's obvious that his team-mates respect him, he works hard and has good work ethic. Apparently, some on the board feel they know more about Crabtree than his team-mates and coaches.

You expect them to blast him in the media if they didn't like him?
Im super excited that MC is back!! 23 years old, his foot is gonna be fine and once he is in football shape he"ll be great for us. There's alot to be told in the 3rd year and im anxious to see it
The vagina is a magical thing, its amazing how it heals itself once the regular season approaches.

Sigh.

It must be miserable being that negative all the time.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Sigh.

Dood. Krabtree is teh sux. He fayking injury cuz he dun wana play hurr.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Sigh.

Dood. Krabtree is teh sux. He fayking injury cuz he dun wana play hurr.

Oh yeah, and he has a horrible work ethic, too.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/08/inside-the-49ers/shawntae-spencer-talks-about-his-hamstring-and-michael-crabtrees-foot/

Quote:
Q: You've seen Crabtree catching passes. Any impressions?

SPENCER: Me and Crabs have been working out for a while now. From the pool workouts to, you know, we progressed together. From the pool to the field to a little bit of practicing and things like that. I'll tell you what, I don' think anyone in here is worried about him. He's always had great work ethic. He catches the ball great. I think he's going to be in good shape. Everyone's excited to have him back.

But, but, but.. "What he gun say, dood! Dey ain't gunna trow him under da bus!"

Someone going "out of their way" to praise Crabtree. Still expecting people to scoff at this, but hopefully once the season starts he can put up the numbers to silence the rest of the critics.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 31, 2011 at 9:35 PM ]
Well, I honestly wouldn't expect the head coach and quarterback to talk poorly about one of their receivers. However, he's already been labeled the #1 Diva and that isn't going to buff out anytime soon.

Originally posted by 4T9errr:
Well, I honestly wouldn't expect the head coach and quarterback to talk poorly about one of their receivers. However, he's already been labeled the #1 Diva and that isn't going to buff out anytime soon.

That wasn't the coach or the quarterback. That was Shawntae Spencer.
maybe he meant cornerback?
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

This is what I was talking about
if you watch MC back in college he was AMAZING when he caught slants and out routes. im very very curious to see how he does this season! i think we are all gonna be very surprised by how this offense plays this season. if you look at the game with frank in it they played very well against the raiders then if you look at the times we sucked.. gore wasnt in. i think it has something to do with leadership at the same time i think its because we didnt game plan. it was kind of just go out there and see if you can handle this without knowing any of the D lines tactics or tendices. ill give the team the benefit of the doubt cause it makes being a fan fun. rather than being a cry baby B&*%ch like susweel and sandiego49er.
Share 49ersWebzone