LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 334 users in the forums

Smith + Kaep QB rating vs Texans = 0.0! (Per Eric Branch)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by oldman9er:
More ridiculous from you. So Stinchcomb had minor issues with edge rushers, and now Brees is a hero for overcoming the horrors? Had to "shoulder the entire load" ? LOL... yeah, there's a load here, buddy, and you are shoveling it. No mention of Payton's entrenched scheme? No mention of the other OL kicking arse?

You want to know something interesting? Since Raye was relieved of OC duties, Alex had a better QBR than Brees down the stretch.

"had to shoulder the load"..... LOL

He didn't have minor issues. There's a reason why they cut him, and he wasn't even good enough to play for us.

Down the stretch Alex had a better qb rating? We've been down this road before. Sorry I don't care how you try to manipulate the stats so he looks good. Brees threw for 4,600 yards and 33 touchdowns. Smith had a 91 qb rating if you start from week 5 forget that he got hurt/ benched and missed 6 games. Oh yeah I forgot we went 3-4 in those games that you listed were he played in. Oh good lord am I wrong about Smith. Please tell me more about that qb rating and what qbs it finished above.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Aug 28, 2011 at 10:19 AM ]
Hmmm... 2 QBs, both with no time to throw and crappy ratings....what could be the constant here?.... What....could it...be....??
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Hmmm... 2 QBs, both with no time to throw and crappy ratings....what could be the constant here?.... What....could it...be....??

Alex Smith, duh!
Originally posted by tjd808185:
He didn't have minor issues. There's a reason why they cut him, and he wasn't even good enough to play for us.

Down the stretch Alex had a better qb rating? We've been down this road before. Sorry I don't care how you try to manipulate the stats so he looks good. Brees threw for 4,600 yards and 33 touchdowns. Smith had a 91 qb rating if you start from week 5 forget that he got hurt/ benched and missed 6 games. Oh yeah I forgot we went 3-4 in those games that you listed were he played in. Oh good lord am I wrong about Smith. Please tell me more about that qb rating and what qbs it finished above.

They cut him because he had a new injury, and they have two younger OTs they want to get on the field. They didn't cut him because he was a Kwame Harris. I live in New Orleans, silly... I know how the fans here felt about Stinchcomb, and they were very sad to see him depart.
Free agent RT Jon Stinchcomb is currently seeing doctors about recovering from a torn quad, according to a Ravens official. This helps explain why the 2009 Pro Bowler was cut by the Saints on Monday. Recent knee injuries and the lingering effects of this torn quad will keep interest in Stinchcomb muted

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1069/player?r=1
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Alex Smith, duh!

He's a s**tty O line coach, for sure.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Hard to make your reads and watch for the passrush that gets there before you set your feet in a three step drop. Colin is terrible about staring down the receivers and his footwork still stinks. He has a long long way to go, and the offensive line doesn't look like it is going to be much help. Coach has to straighten this out or we will bee needing three or four more QB's just so we can field a healthy one each week.

Smith just doesn't seem to feel pressure when the pocket is closing on him and surely doesn't seem to have the athletic ability to escape some of the DL and LBs in the NFL. That has been the same since he has been here. He goes through reads much better than Colin and has better mechanics, no arguing that.

Colin seems to be the type of QB that will buy time with his legs, in order for recievers to get open. He does need work on going through progressions and mechanics and what not though. He stares down recievers hardcore
[ Edited by SJniner7 on Aug 28, 2011 at 10:28 AM ]
They cut him because he had a new injury, and they have two younger OTs they want to get on the field. They didn't cut him because he was a Kwame Harris. I live in New Orleans, silly... I know how the fans here felt about Stinchcomb, and they were very sad to see him depart.

They cut him because he was washed up. Injuries and being washed up go hand and hand. The fans should feel bad about him leaving, he was a multiple time Pro Bowler for them, and a major part of their Super Bowl run.

Still you compare their line from their 09 to 10 and it's night and day.
More ridiculous from you. So Stinchcomb had minor issues with edge rushers, and now Brees is a hero for overcoming the horrors? Had to "shoulder the entire load" ? LOL... yeah, there's a load here, buddy, and you are shoveling it. No mention of Payton's entrenched scheme? No mention of the other OL kicking arse?

You want to know something interesting? Since Raye was relieved of OC duties, Alex had a better QBR than Brees down the stretch.

It's unbelievable to me how people will manipulate Alex's stats to make him look average (since that's the best they can do). The guy is the worst thing that has happened to this franchise in 30 years. He's handcuffed this organization for 7+ years now.

When are we gonna rid ourselves of this debacle of a 1st round pick?

Can anyone really imagine Alex Smith holding up a Lombardi Trophy? LMAO, the thought of it is just ridiculous. I can't even imagine Alex Smith starting a playoff game.
All I know is Kaepernick is def not ready to start. So you have to go with Alex and hope the O-Line blocks. I think Frank just gained a lot more leverage after yesterday's game. Again it will be the all frank show on offense if we intend to do anything.

[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Aug 28, 2011 at 11:17 AM ]
Originally posted by Leathaface:
It's unbelievable to me how people will manipulate Alex's stats to make him look average (since that's the best they can do). The guy is the worst thing that has happened to this franchise in 30 years. He's handcuffed this organization for 7+ years now.

Can anyone really imagine Alex Smith holding up a Lombardi Trophy? LMAO, the thought of it is just ridiculous. I can't even imagine Alex Smith starting a playoff game.
No need to worry about Lombardi trophies if the line cannot pass protect we won't even see .500.

You seriously sound like a broken record. You say the same s**t every time you post in NT. We get it. Alex will never be elite. We all know that.

Was there anything else in the game(s) you want to comment on or just keep ranting about how Alex Smith is the sole reason the Niners have sucked since Mooch left...?
  • Silky
  • Veteran

**Closed my eyes**

Ok yes I just did it. Alex Smith hoists the lombardi trophey up while Greg Nantz says "Alex Smith you have just been named the 2011-2012 Superbowl MVP! How do you feel?"
Alex then says with a shower of red and gold confetti all over his face,"It was truly a mountain I had to climb to get here. I want to thank all the coaches before Jim because without them I wouldn't have become so resilient. And ofcourse I want to thank Jimmy Harbaugh everyone! YEAH!" Then he passes the mic to JH.

JH tells Alex to get on his knees, and then kisses him softly on the forehead.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Hard to make your reads and watch for the passrush that gets there before you set your feet in a three step drop. Colin is terrible about staring down the receivers and his footwork still stinks. He has a long long way to go, and the offensive line doesn't look like it is going to be much help. Coach has to straighten this out or we will bee needing three or four more QB's just so we can field a healthy one each week.

I actually agree with both of you...the O-Line sucks, but they are fearful that they will have to hold blocks for a long time, while Alex gathers himself and passes. Alex, on the other hand, never has had a sixth sense about when and how to move away from the rush. It's a O-Line with poor chemistry and blocking schemes. And, a QB who just will never have the radar. Bad chemistry. Harbaugh was just a fool to bring alex back--he would have been better off bringing in a washed up old QB and developing the O-Line.
Share 49ersWebzone