There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Smith + Kaep QB rating vs Texans = 0.0! (Per Eric Branch)

  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,710
I understand we are being vanilla, but this is hardly confidence inspiring for us and for the players. I'd be willing to bet this is the first time in NFL pre-season history that all QB's combined on one team produced a 0.0 QB rating. My feeling right now is that we don't have anyone that is starting caliber at the QB on our team right now. Smith's pre-season rating must be in the 30's right now (it was in the 50's before this game), and Kaep's can't be much better. We are not in the pre-season games to win them, but we aren't in them to completely humiliate ourselves either....
Sheesh, since when does the preseason mean anything? We were 4-0 last year, and for as long as we've sucked in the regular season, we've been above average in the preseason. I repeat, the preseason means nothing.
  • mod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,378
go back to the parking lot, you dont know what you're talking about.
Neither QB had time to throw dude. When you are getting sacked on the end of your dropback you're not even having a chance to scan the field. Getting hit on every throw=accuracy suffers.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,710
Originally posted by modninerfan:
go back to the parking lot, you dont know what you're talking about.

yeah, Eddie D and Walsh would be thrilled with this kind of performance, you are right.
Shaj, did you even watch the game? you show ZERO understanding of what transpired tonight.

please stop starting QB-related threads. kthanx
Originally posted by Shaj:
I understand we are being vanilla, but this is hardly confidence inspiring for us and for the players. I'd be willing to bet this is the first time in NFL pre-season history that all QB's combined on one team produced a 0.0 QB rating. My feeling right now is that we don't have anyone that is starting caliber at the QB on our team right now. Smith's pre-season rating must be in the 30's right now (it was in the 50's before this game), and Kaep's can't be much better. We are not in the pre-season games to win them, but we aren't in them to completely humiliate ourselves either....

Yet again you prove that you do not really grasp the concept of professional football. Until the offensive line gets their s**t together, the offense will suck. There is no way you can accurately judge our QB's when the offensive line is missing so many assignments and flat out getting beat.
  • mod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,378
your typical novice football observer can focus on one thing, the quarterback.... football is much more complicated than that. You have to understand schemes, protection, defensive calls, route running, dropped passes, etc to truly evaluate a QB. Not a stat that reflects the combined effort of two QBs
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,825
Yea, sounds about right.

2.8 + 20.8 = 0
Originally posted by modninerfan:
go back to the parking lot, you dont know what you're talking about.

I think shaj should have blamed the oline more. But I have to agree, thats humiliating. Even if harbaugh isnt game planning, do you think hes happy with what he saw? It's tough to evaluate players when they can't even sustain a drive
  • mod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,378
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
go back to the parking lot, you dont know what you're talking about.

yeah, Eddie D and Walsh would be thrilled with this kind of performance, you are right.

thank you for proving my point.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
your typical novice football observer can focus on one thing, the quarterback.... football is much more complicated than that. You have to understand schemes, protection, defensive calls, route running, dropped passes, etc to truly evaluate a QB. Not a stat that reflects the combined effort of two QBs

Bingo.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,710
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Yea, sounds about right.

2.8 + 20.8 = 0

I just went to the Eric Branch article to cut and paste the section where he said "Total Quarterback Rating 0.0" (verbatim). When I went back, he changed both the header to the article and that section. Now it shows different QBR's. I'm sure other people saw the original version like I did. I referenced it 3 times before posting.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,710
Originally posted by toeknee:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
go back to the parking lot, you dont know what you're talking about.

I think shaj should have blamed the oline more. But I have to agree, thats humiliating. Even if harbaugh isnt game planning, do you think hes happy with what he saw? It's tough to evaluate players when they can't even sustain a drive

I completely do blame the oline to a major extent, more than the QBs tonight actually. Frankly I think both units suck.
Originally posted by boast:
Shaj, did you even watch the game? you show ZERO understanding of what transpired tonight.

please stop starting QB-related threads. kthanx

Agreed , Maybe he needs to watch the game five or six times before he gets any clearity ...... Jeeesh