There are 195 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Football Outsiders? NFC West predictions..

In the words of Winston Wolf from pulp fiction, "let's not start sucking each others d!cks, quite yet."
I just hope Crabby comes back and Edwards doesn't get suspended so we can have all of our WR additions in the line up to help Alex get off to a good start. No doubt he will have a better game with Edwards and Crabby in the line up.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
I just hope Crabby comes back and Edwards doesn't get suspended so we can have all of our WR additions in the line up to help Alex get off to a good start. No doubt he will have a better game with Edwards and Crabby in the line up.

Maiocco said the Niners signed Edwards knowing that he would be facing a 1-2 game suspension
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by WWFGD:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by Joecool:
1. The talent on this team last year was playoff level talent.
2. Last year, we made zero halftime adjustments from the players' mouth
3. The talent on this team is better than last years
4. The coach appears to be 150% better than last year
5. We looked to have hit on a lot of draft picks this year
6. The other teams in the division have just as much of a learning curve from new coaches or worse QB's than last year

I will be very disappointed if we don't win the division.

Those are some very high expectations for new system, new offense, new defense, new ST, and the same old QB. I would like to win the division and finally attend a playoff game, but I won't be holding my breathe.
Yes but this includes the Rams who have a new offense with a 2nd year QB who wasn't all that great. The Seahawks who have a worse QB than last year and last year's QB was their main reason they made it and won a playoff game. Arizona has a new unproven QB in a totally different system.

I like our chances.

Agreed...I feel the division is ours for the taking. How many games did we lose by a touchdown or less last year? And that was with the worst coaching in the league.
To be true, the other teams in our division appear to be in worse condition than last year. Steven Jackson is still the Rams key cog and played in all 16 games producing his worst year with 3.8 per carry. I also don't see that new OC using him to his full ability in terms of the running game as Denver was near the bottom of the league in rushing attempts and at 3.9 per carry. He's a heavy passing coach and Bradford is going to have a lot on his plate.

And yet another year, I'm drinking the Joecool-aide.
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
Those stats are for 2010. Imagine what the stats will look like this year in new offense, addition of Braylon Edwards, etc

That pass he threw to Braylon for the one-handed 32 yarder was a thing of beauty. Those are throws we normally have not seen from a Niners offense in 5+ years.
Originally posted by valrod33:

LMFAO lol im literally crying right now made my day
Originally posted by Axl49:
LMFAO lol im literally crying right now made my day

Don't Cry, Axl.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for MiamiNiner.
Originally posted by Joecool:
1. The talent on this team last year was playoff level talent.
2. Last year, we made zero halftime adjustments from the players' mouth
3. The talent on this team is better than last years
4. The coach appears to be 150% better than last year
5. We looked to have hit on a lot of draft picks this year
6. The other teams in the division have just as much of a learning curve from new coaches or worse QB's than last year

I will be very disappointed if we don't win the division.

I'm pumped
Originally posted by WWFGD:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by Joecool:
1. The talent on this team last year was playoff level talent.
2. Last year, we made zero halftime adjustments from the players' mouth
3. The talent on this team is better than last years
4. The coach appears to be 150% better than last year
5. We looked to have hit on a lot of draft picks this year
6. The other teams in the division have just as much of a learning curve from new coaches or worse QB's than last year

I will be very disappointed if we don't win the division.

Those are some very high expectations for new system, new offense, new defense, new ST, and the same old QB. I would like to win the division and finally attend a playoff game, but I won't be holding my breathe.
Yes but this includes the Rams who have a new offense with a 2nd year QB who wasn't all that great. The Seahawks who have a worse QB than last year and last year's QB was their main reason they made it and won a playoff game. Arizona has a new unproven QB in a totally different system.

I like our chances.

Agreed...I feel the division is ours for the taking. How many games did we lose by a touchdown or less last year? And that was with the worst coaching in the league.

and the Nate Clements interception, turned fumble, turned loss. All because he wanted to score a TD instead of securing the ball
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
Originally posted by WWFGD:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by Joecool:
1. The talent on this team last year was playoff level talent.
2. Last year, we made zero halftime adjustments from the players' mouth
3. The talent on this team is better than last years
4. The coach appears to be 150% better than last year
5. We looked to have hit on a lot of draft picks this year
6. The other teams in the division have just as much of a learning curve from new coaches or worse QB's than last year

I will be very disappointed if we don't win the division.

Those are some very high expectations for new system, new offense, new defense, new ST, and the same old QB. I would like to win the division and finally attend a playoff game, but I won't be holding my breathe.
Yes but this includes the Rams who have a new offense with a 2nd year QB who wasn't all that great. The Seahawks who have a worse QB than last year and last year's QB was their main reason they made it and won a playoff game. Arizona has a new unproven QB in a totally different system.

I like our chances.

Agreed...I feel the division is ours for the taking. How many games did we lose by a touchdown or less last year? And that was with the worst coaching in the league.

and the Nate Clements interception, turned fumble, turned loss. All because he wanted to score a TD instead of securing the ball

here we go again
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 834
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
and the Nate Clements interception, turned fumble, turned loss. All because he wanted to score a TD instead of securing the ball

I just punched a wall...why would you remind me of this?
  • dmax
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,937
Originally posted by Joecool:
How many games do you guys think we lost because of Singletary and the stupidest coaching in the world? This team has been said to have talent the past couple of years. Now, we will finally use that talent. I wouldn't be surprised if we win 9. We won 8 with Sing/Nolan combo and now the teams in our division look in worse condition than last year.

well i know our incredible "bend dont break" defense cost us 3 games...we should have been 9-7 lastyear..FUUU
UU MANUSKY

saints
falcons
panthers should have all been wins
[ Edited by dmax on Aug 23, 2011 at 1:33 PM ]
Originally posted by WWFGD:
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
and the Nate Clements interception, turned fumble, turned loss. All because he wanted to score a TD instead of securing the ball

I just punched a wall...why would you remind me of this?
And the complete inability to adjust what was a dominating first half for us in Game 1 vs SEA last year.
Originally posted by dmax:
Originally posted by Joecool:
How many games do you guys think we lost because of Singletary and the stupidest coaching in the world? This team has been said to have talent the past couple of years. Now, we will finally use that talent. I wouldn't be surprised if we win 9. We won 8 with Sing/Nolan combo and now the teams in our division look in worse condition than last year.

well i know our incredible "bend dont break" defense cost us 3 games...we should have been 9-7 lastyear..FUUU
UU MANUSKY

saints
falcons
panthers should have all been wins

That panthers game also had Carr filling at QB to ruin it a bit more, right? I think we'll get 9 wins and of course the west this year!

No more don't tell me show me, more like Don't tell me, coach me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9-7 would be a success IMHO.. new coaching staff, winning record since 2002, and 9 wins possibly wins the division and gets us a home playoff game..
...