LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

49ers Will Ban Tailgating After Games Start

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jacka:
I am absolutely all for this. They are not saying that they are banning tailgating, what they are saying is no tailgating during and after the game. You know during the game when if you were a real fan you should be watching the game. Don't buy the whole I go tailgate more if its a blowout crap. If we are blowing a team out why the hell would you not want to see that? If we are getting blown out I will still watch every damn play. Nothing wrong with tailgating before you go into the game but once it starts get your ass in there or go to a bar instead.

whats wrong with after a game? instead of waiting in your car for hours while 70000 fans leave the parking lot u can kick it a little bit.
Originally posted by Jack9er:
Ban alcohol. Drunks ruin the game and i would rather stay sober and have a good time watching the game. If you are there to drink then go to the bar.

agreed
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Jacka:
I am absolutely all for this. They are not saying that they are banning tailgating, what they are saying is no tailgating during and after the game. You know during the game when if you were a real fan you should be watching the game. Don't buy the whole I go tailgate more if its a blowout crap. If we are blowing a team out why the hell would you not want to see that? If we are getting blown out I will still watch every damn play. Nothing wrong with tailgating before you go into the game but once it starts get your ass in there or go to a bar instead.

whats wrong with after a game? instead of waiting in your car for hours while 70000 fans leave the parking lot u can kick it a little bit.

Nothing really, but the sooner you disperse thousands of drunken fans the better. It's a small price to pay in the name of public safety.
Interested to see how it will work... I personally think it's stupid but they gotta do something to show they are serious about people getting SHOT after a game. Sucks for the rest of us that a handful of trash during a preseason game ruin it for thousands of fans for the regular season.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Nothing really, but the sooner you disperse thousands of drunken fans the better. It's a small price to pay in the name of public safety.

Yep. Get all those people on the 1 road leading out of the stadium to the 1 freeway. After they have consumed the alcohol. And if you think the NFL will ban alcohol HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
When i first glanced at the title, i thought it said "49erWill Banned From Tailgating At Games".
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Taking away battle of the bay i agree with, its just getting too out of control. But tailgating? Thats part of football, you cant take that away. If it wasn't for tailgating i wouldn't have season tickets. I like to tailgate before the game, and after the game while the traffic dies down. And sometimes during the game if its a blowout or something. This is total BS. A few raider fans act stupid and now all of the 49er faithful have to suffer.

This is what really sucks. Everything I've read so far suggests the major incidents were raider fans shooting raider fans. Why are Niner fans being punished? It happened at our venue, but it was fans of the other team that came and blew it, not us. Somehow, the other 30 teams come to town and nobody gets shot at Candlestick, but the damn raiders come over the bridge and their stupid ass fans manage to f*ck us over majorly.

Somewhere, a bunch of douchebags wearing black and silver are masturbating with thumbs up their asses, laughing at us for being punished for crimes we didn't even commit.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Aug 22, 2011 at 11:51 PM ]
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
alcohol will be next. book that s**t

I was gonna say FOOTBALL will be next, but the Yorks eliminated football at the Stick about 8 years ago.
Originally posted by JD81:
Anyone complaining about the 49ers stopping tailgating AFTER the games start is retarded. When the game starts, shouldn't you be IN THE STADIUM anyways?
Originally posted by fister30:
Tailgating and not entering the stadium to watch the game is like paying for a prostitute and only talking to her until your time is up. Wouldn't this be considered loitering? I don't get it.

Tailgating is basically a huge party/BBQ. A lot of people who don't have game tickets attend for the atmosphere. Nothing pumps me up for a game more than tailgating with fellow Niner fans and having a good time before and after the game. I've never gone to a game and stayed in the parking lot, but I can see why people would do it. You don't have tickets, but want that atmosphere so you stay in the parking lot, continue BBQing and listen to/watch the game.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
This is what really sucks. Everything I've read so far suggests the major incidents were raider fans shooting raider fans. Why are Niner fans being punished? It happened at our venue, but it was fans of the other team that came and blew it, not us. Somehow, the other 30 teams come to town and nobody gets shot at Candlestick, but the damn raiders come over the bridge and their stupid ass fans manage to f*ck us over majorly.

Somewhere, a bunch of douchebags wearing black and silver are masturbating with thumbs up their asses, laughing at us for being punished for crimes we didn't even commit.

I tried telling myself the same thing, but my GF kept saying I was biased. It's just so hard to believe that in all the games that have been played there, it takes cross rival fans to F it up for us. If this happened to us, the same thing should happen to the coliseum, it's basically WW3 after every game there anyway

Originally posted by FourNine49:

I tried telling myself the same thing, but my GF kept saying I was biased. It's just so hard to believe that in all the games that have been played there, it takes cross rival fans to F it up for us. If this happened to us, the same thing should happen to the coliseum, it's basically WW3 after every game there anyway

I don't understand how she feels you're being biased. A lot of people are reporting the two major incidents were raider-on-raider shootings. If that's the case, and it seems to be, Niner fans literally had no hand in it.

Niner fans obviously engaged in fights at the stadium on Saturday, but those fights are not what caused this punishment. It was the attempted murders.

I don't understand how she feels you're being biased. A lot of people are reporting the two major incidents were raider-on-raider shootings. If that's the case, and it seems to be, Niner fans literally had no hand in it.

Niner fans obviously engaged in fights at the stadium on Saturday, but those fights are not what caused this punishment. It was the attempted murders.

The victim of the shooting with the 4 bullets in the stomach was a 9er fan according to ESPN. His dad was on with Colleen Dominguez. He said his son was just trying to stop his friend from getting jumped by 4 raider fans and he got shot 4 times afterwards. Pretty f**ked up
Originally posted by JD81:
Anyone complaining about the 49ers stopping tailgating AFTER the games start is retarded. When the game starts, shouldn't you be IN THE STADIUM anyways?
Originally posted by fister30:
Tailgating and not entering the stadium to watch the game is like paying for a prostitute and only talking to her until your time is up. Wouldn't this be considered loitering? I don't get it.

Tailgating is basically a huge party/BBQ. A lot of people who don't have game tickets attend for the atmosphere. Nothing pumps me up for a game more than tailgating with fellow Niner fans and having a good time before and after the game. I've never gone to a game and stayed in the parking lot, but I can see why people would do it. You don't have tickets, but want that atmosphere so you stay in the parking lot, continue BBQing and listen to/watch the game.

THIS
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

The victim of the shooting with the 4 bullets in the stomach was a 9er fan according to ESPN. His dad was on with Colleen Dominguez. He said his son was just trying to stop his friend from getting jumped by 4 raider fans and he got shot 4 times afterwards. Pretty f**ked up

Really? I've read from numerous news outlets that the guy that got shot in the stomach was wearing a shirt that said "F*ck The Niners." Hmmmm...

LOL. They changed all the rules and tailgating and security and the # of tickets you have to buy to get into the game for Raiders games vs. the Chargers down here at Qualcomm Stadium. It used to be you could buy tickets to just the Raiders vs. Chargers game. Then they changed that to you must buy 2 Chargers games. Not just the Raiders in other words but +1 other game. Thus the theory it would discourage Raider fans having to buy tickets to 2 games. Then there was some talk of having to buy full season tickets to get into the Raiders game. They do this at every stadium they go to. The 49ers and 49ers stadium are not unique... They have had plenty of stabbings, shootings and fights here too. SD more or less doesn't want Raiders fans at all.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Aug 23, 2011 at 1:04 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone