LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

49ers Will Ban Tailgating After Games Start

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erStorm:
This sucks because we would hang out, BBQ, and chill until traffic died down. Then after a little over an hour, we would just drive on out with no issues.

Word.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Taking away battle of the bay i agree with, its just getting too out of control. But tailgating? Thats part of football, you cant take that away. If it wasn't for tailgating i wouldn't have season tickets. I like to tailgate before the game, and after the game while the traffic dies down. And sometimes during the game if its a blowout or something. This is total BS. A few raider fans act stupid and now all of the 49er faithful have to suffer.

sorry to say it but after watching the various videos a lot of niner fans stooped down to the raiders fans level & acted like raider fans. niner fans f**ked this up as much as the raider fans did.

No question about it. My sister went to the game and said there was just a pissed off cranky vibe from everyone in the park. Weird. I blame Obama.

LOL I blame Obama!! Best Quote to this date! Yes! I balme him to
and the improved game day experience that Jed was talking about gets s**t on completely. enough double talk. if people wanna fight, theyll fight, hire more security and leave the tailgating alone. fans in greenbay tailgate for two days before and after a game.
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
how about they stop cancelling everything, and hire more security with all the money they fleece from us.

This.

I've never seen a 49er game at Candlestick. Just watching on TV looks like there is not enough security inside or out of the stadium. It looks like fights in the stands go on for long periods of time before security intervenes.

Just hire more security

Maybe Yorks are cheap at that too...
Originally posted by JD81:
Anyone complaining about the 49ers stopping tailgating AFTER the games start is retarded. When the game starts, shouldn't you be IN THE STADIUM anyways?

This includes after the game though. A lot of us like to hang out with Webzone friends after the game as well and BBQ some more. Plus you get to eat and talk while others fight traffic.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
This sucks because we would hang out, BBQ, and chill until traffic died down. Then after a little over an hour, we would just drive on out with no issues.

Word.

Until actual policies are set, there isnt anything saying you cant hang out. They may ban alcohol consumption after a certain point, but there is a whole slew of legal issues trying to enforce a "no hanging out" rule. What if you lost a friend and are trying to find them? The main theme will be alcohol based, thats a given. But they cant force you to abandon a hypothetical friend that possibly doesnt exist. They will probably just be checking for visible booze and ticketing based on that. But yeah talk about the absolute worst parking situation to try and enforce this

This is the same reason baseball stadiums stopped selling after the 7th, its only one or two more incidents around the league from becoming a mandatory rule across all stadiums. It only takes a few to ruin it for the whole. Look at those flash mob deals, they have moved curfew up and almost declared marshal law in some towns. Over-reaction is the world we live in when information is so accessible.

that is exactly what i do we make our dinner afterwards this is dumb
In the few Niner games I have attended the past few years I never saw any fights in the stadium or in the parking lot. Although the last game I attended was the MNF reg season home opener in 2007. Has the atmosphere at Niner games changed that much in just a few years???
Originally posted by JD81:
Anyone complaining about the 49ers stopping tailgating AFTER the games start is retarded. When the game starts, shouldn't you be IN THE STADIUM anyways?

This includes after the game though. A lot of us like to hang out with Webzone friends after the game as well and BBQ some more. Plus you get to eat and talk while others fight traffic.

Also, we tend to have a number of family members tailgated and not everyone has a ticket to get into the game. They end up staying in the parking lot to watch the game on tv. It's all part of the experience, and thanks to a bunch of knuckleheads its all ruined now. We also like to tailgated afterwards to wait out the crazy traffic jams.
Clearly the Niners feel that fans hanging around drinking after the game instead of immediately leaving is part of the problem.

If tailgating during and after the game isn't allowed, won't that cause the ticketless fans to stay home and thus reduce some of the traffic?
[ Edited by nflguy49 on Aug 22, 2011 at 10:24 PM ]

how about they stop cancelling everything, and hire more security with all the money they fleece from us.

Damn f**ing right.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

Damn f**ing right.

Security doesnt do anything in a brawl, Cops are the ones that actually get in there. More cops allocated to niners games means less cops somewhere else, police chiefs dont really do that without the possibility of an increased revenue stream. The niners probably pay a hefty price already just for the cops there, since the CA budget sucks. What could happen is that revenue from dui's and public intoxication tickets will add to more cops in the future and relaxed rules. People are overreacting... they are gonna crackdown on alcohol, the root of almost all violence at sporting events.

Assuming you get there 1-2 hours early, then another 2-3 hours in the stadium... thats a solid 3-5 hours of drinking at a public event. Its not a park, or a beach with friends, its a company run field. The owner has to overreact and say he will bring the hammer down. Legally all they can do is monitor/control alcohol consumption.
  • Jacka
  • Veteran
I am absolutely all for this. They are not saying that they are banning tailgating, what they are saying is no tailgating during and after the game. You know during the game when if you were a real fan you should be watching the game. Don't buy the whole I go tailgate more if its a blowout crap. If we are blowing a team out why the hell would you not want to see that? If we are getting blown out I will still watch every damn play. Nothing wrong with tailgating before you go into the game but once it starts get your ass in there or go to a bar instead.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Word.
This
As long as the parking lot still opens at 4 hours prior to the game. If they change that s**t I will be pissed.
Share 49ersWebzone