LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 448 users in the forums

49ers Will Ban Tailgating After Games Start

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
how about they stop cancelling everything, and hire more security with all the money they fleece from us.

This.

I've never seen a 49er game at Candlestick. Just watching on TV looks like there is not enough security inside or out of the stadium. It looks like fights in the stands go on for long periods of time before security intervenes.

Just hire more security
Originally posted by dj43:
Next in line: Parking lot gates will not open until 2 1/2 hours before game time. Cuts down on the amount of time people can sit in the parking lot and drink. Ban all alcohol sales in the stadium after the first quarter. waiting....waiting....

They better not do that. I will ask for refund on my tickets. Tailgating is part of the package.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
yeah now how do we have enought time to sober up before leaving the game. esp since they will be putting up DUI checkpoints.

Tailgating and not entering the stadium to watch the game is like paying for a prostitute and only talking to her until your time is up. Wouldn't this be considered loitering?

I don't get it.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
yeah now how do we have enought time to sober up before leaving the game. esp since they will be putting up DUI checkpoints.

This is going to cause even more traffic to get out of the stick.
and to think they would consider sharing a stadium with oakland
Ban alcohol. Drunks ruin the game and i would rather stay sober and have a good time watching the game. If you are there to drink then go to the bar.
Originally posted by Jack9er:
Ban alcohol. Drunks ruin the game and i would rather stay sober and have a good time watching the game. If you are there to drink then go to the bar.

They would just get drunk in the parkinglot and still come in drunk. They should ban visably drunk people at the gate.
Originally posted by Jack9er:

I love getting drunk/tailgating/talking smack to other teams at candlestick. It's all part of the experience to be there with Niner Nation, and not let some other team/fans come to our house and act smug.

I agree some people are idiots and get carried away so we need more security. It's a shame when stuff like that happens and ruins it for the rest of us who are just having fun.
  • iohk
  • Veteran
This is my first post in a few months. I've been reading, not commenting for a while, WHAT THE f**k

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
and to think they would consider sharing a stadium with oakland

One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. In a shared stadium, Raiders and Niners fans will not be at the stadium on the same weekend.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Taking away battle of the bay i agree with, its just getting too out of control. But tailgating? Thats part of football, you cant take that away. If it wasn't for tailgating i wouldn't have season tickets. I like to tailgate before the game, and after the game while the traffic dies down. And sometimes during the game if its a blowout or something. This is total BS. A few raider fans act stupid and now all of the 49er faithful have to suffer.

sorry to say it but after watching the various videos a lot of niner fans stooped down to the raiders fans level & acted like raider fans. niner fans f**ked this up as much as the raider fans did.
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Taking away battle of the bay i agree with, its just getting too out of control. But tailgating? Thats part of football, you cant take that away. If it wasn't for tailgating i wouldn't have season tickets. I like to tailgate before the game, and after the game while the traffic dies down. And sometimes during the game if its a blowout or something. This is total BS. A few raider fans act stupid and now all of the 49er faithful have to suffer.

sorry to say it but after watching the various videos a lot of niner fans stooped down to the raiders fans level & acted like raider fans. niner fans f**ked this up as much as the raider fans did.

No question about it. My sister went to the game and said there was just a pissed off cranky vibe from everyone in the park. Weird. I blame Obama.
So as if the the traffic at candlestick wasn't enough, now we have to deal with check points? I doubt I'll be renewing my tickets. What a joke.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Aug 22, 2011 at 8:28 PM ]
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
how about they stop cancelling everything, and hire more security with all the money they fleece from us.

The funny thing is that they will need to hire more security to roam the parking lots.
Share 49ersWebzone