LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

BATTLE OF THE BAY CANCELED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by elhebrewhammer:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Don't fool yourself into thinking people show up at the games just to wear red. Gang bangers might wear 49ers jerseys on the streets for the color, but those aren't the people going out of their way to attend a game. To think they would spend money on a football game simply because they want to "represent" and wear red - amongst a bunch of other people wearing the same damn color - while having no interest in the actual team is ignorant thinking. Despite how mentally handicapped you might think these gang bangers are, that's simply going overboard. You're letting your hatred for street thugs blind you.

Buying a jersey simply to wear red, absolutely. But showing up to a football game simply to wear red? Come on.

So you are saying gangbangers can't be fans as well. Of course guys don't just go the game to "represent." But they certainly go to cheer for the Niners and then get involved in something. Street s**t doesn't just go away because you are at a football game. Unless of course you think someone is incapable of being a fan and also being a gangster.

I'll say it again, I saw it first hand that fights occurred due to gang s**t...I was there, it happened right in front of me. I do think the guy you replied to is making a bit more than what it is, but believe me when I say that there was certainly a gang element at the game. And it does happen quite a bit at preseason games.

The fact that there was a shooting points to that direction.
So you are saying gangbangers can't be fans as well.

That's actually the complete opposite of what I am saying. JD is the one who implied that they aren't fans, but rather people who simply are there to represent their gang's colors. They are indeed fans, or they wouldn't be going out of their way to attend a game. I eluded to the fact that there are people who buy Niner apparel solely for the fact it is red, but the people who only buy it for that reason and ONLY that reason aren't the ones showing up to games. The ones showing up to games are fans who happen to be gang bangers, but they are not there just to represent the color, they actually like the team. This is what I was responding to JD about. HE pretty much implied they aren't fans.

Of course guys don't just go the game to "represent." But they certainly go to cheer for the Niners and then get involved in something.

Clearly you misunderstood what I was saying, maybe due to my post not being typed clearly enough. My apologies for the confusion.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Aug 22, 2011 at 2:26 PM ]
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
There were two shootings?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6882328/police-seek-suspects-candlestick-park-shootings-oakland-raiders-san-francisco-49ers-game

On Saturday, Sgt. Frank Harrell said the man shot wearing the T-shirt drove his truck to a gate and stumbled to stadium security. A second man shot before that in the parking lot and had superficial face injuries, Harrell said.

He said the two shootings were being treated separately "but we believe they are related."

Hope that helps clear it up a bit.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
That's actually the complete opposite of what I am saying. JD is the one who implied that they aren't fans, but rather people who simply are there to represent their gang's colors. They are indeed fans, or they wouldn't be going out of their way to attend a game. I eluded to the fact that there are people who buy Niner apparel solely for the fact it is red, but the people who only buy it for that reason and ONLY that reason aren't the ones showing up to games. The ones showing up to game are fans who happen to be gang bangers, but they are not there just to represent the color, they actually like the team. This is what I was responding to JD about.

Clearly you misunderstood what I was saying, maybe due to my post not being typed clearly enough. My apologies for the confusion.

Oh okay. I get what you are saying now. That makes sense.

Yes, I doubt people are just there to look for trouble, but they are not going to avoid it either. When you throw alcohol in the mix, it can get ugly.

No apology necessary...I just misunderstood you.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
The reason the stick doesn't get loud is because we have some weak ass fans. everytime I stand up and get super loud on 3rd down on defense someone behind me will tell me to sit down. I don't listen to them though and I stay loud the whoe game. Evrytime I go to a game I lose my voice.

I hate the fans who cheer when we are on offense and in the huddle or at the line. Man, that annoys me.
I hate the fans who cheer when we are on offense and in the huddle or at the line. Man, that annoys me.

yep get quiet so alex can concentrate and not throw an INT.
The reason the stick doesn't get loud is because we have some weak ass fans. everytime I stand up and get super loud on 3rd down on defense someone behind me will tell me to sit down. I don't listen to them though and I stay loud the whoe game. Evrytime I go to a game I lose my voice.

I hate those fans too, I get loud when we're on defense and when there's a nice offensive play.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I think incidents like these are gonna become a bigger problem as time goes. Dont be surprised if they stop tailgating as result of these type of issues.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
yep get quiet so alex can concentrate and not throw an INT.

Not an Alex hater, but I doubt that would help! ZING!
I hate those fans too, I get loud when we're on defense and when there's a nice offensive play.

Yes, cheer when there is a big play and then STFU, so they can get the play in and get the snap off clean. Why is that so hard to figure out!?!?!

Well at least we will really have homefield advantage at our games now, opposing fans will be scared to come to our stadium. they might get shot.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Well at least we will really have homefield advantage at our games now, opposing fans will be scared to come to our stadium. they might get shot.

Yah but the games may not sell out now.
Originally posted by susweel:
Yah but the games may not sell out now.

If they don't sell out, they will drop the price. When they drop the price, more trash will come in. So the fans will probably be louder and much more rowdy than a normal reg season game.

BTw I read that the stick doesnt even have metal detectors? WTF?
Thanks Goodness. Can you imagine the security at the regular season game of raiders vs niners.???

I hope the Raiders move back to Los Angeles
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
timkawakami Tim Kawakami
RT @Eric_Branch Jed York says he will recommend to NFL that #49ers-OAK preseason series "at least be postponed for some period of time."
Share 49ersWebzone