LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 368 users in the forums

BATTLE OF THE BAY CANCELED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
I am embarrassed as an NFL fan. We really aren't mature enough to watch a game together?

Yup, there was a time when it was fun to have fans from the opposing team come to the games.

When one team hit a home run or scored a touchdown the fans of the team that scored would razz the fan of the other team, and nothing was taken seriously.
It was just clean fun with fans enjoying the game together and razzing the other fan just added to the fun as it had give and take both ways.

For many of us it is still that way, but, now you can say anything because too many people wear their feelings on their sleeves and then the fight starts.

Sports is supposed to be fun right?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Probably gonna get thrashed for saying this but ohh well. I actually said something about this last week oddly enough:

Well when you have fans that boo a QB/human being to belittle him and make him feel completely like s**t, what do you expect? A person who has never caused any trouble and has donated a tremendous amount to charities. When it goes beyond football, a game, then you get these results. Humanity at it's finest. People don't think about their actions to the person they are booing/taunting/heckling so fourth. They don't realize the damage they are inflicting. Even on this board if some people said some of the stuff they say to peoples faces I guarentee you they would get shot or at least beat up.

To say this accident is tragic, then boo a guy the next week only to belittle him is contradictive. "Ohh it's ok to to try to ruin Alex's life, but this is sad". I just don't see the difference. And agian I'm probably going to get it for saying this, but I beilieve it all ties together with the way we act, and excuse the way we act, just cause the cirmucmstances are a little different.

Dude this has NOTHING to do with #11 so stop trying to take it there.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Probably gonna get thrashed for saying this but ohh well. I actually said something about this last week oddly enough:

Well when you have fans that boo a QB/human being to belittle him and make him feel completely like s**t, what do you expect? A person who has never caused any trouble and has donated a tremendous amount to charities. When it goes beyond football, a game, then you get these results. Humanity at it's finest. People don't think about their actions to the person they are booing/taunting/heckling so fourth. They don't realize the damage they are inflicting. Even on this board if some people said some of the stuff they say to peoples faces I guarentee you they would get shot or at least beat up.

To say this accident is tragic, then boo a guy the next week only to belittle him is contradictive. "Ohh it's ok to to try to ruin Alex's life, but this is sad". I just don't see the difference. And agian I'm probably going to get it for saying this, but I beilieve it all ties together with the way we act, and excuse the way we act, just cause the cirmucmstances are a little different.

Dude this has NOTHING to do with #11 so stop trying to take it there.

No sh*t....

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Where can I get tickets for that?
http://www.lflus.com/

Originally posted by Joecool:
The fights happened because Alex Smith played well. The Alex haters and the Alexcusers threw down.
Then Apparently the Alexcusers won.
I must say after reading all that went on Im glad that the fans in Irving tx werent as Harsh to me...I live in TX now and was at the game when TO Danced on the Star and was in my full blown Niners gear...including J Rice Jersey and I was really having a blast and the Cowboy fans around me...they never got violent instead when we left they all cheered me for leaving...
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
I disagree with this. There is a HUUUUGE difference between a preaseason crowd and a regular season crowd.....and there is an even BIGGER difference between a preseason battle of the bay crowd and a regular season crowd. Come to a regular season game. You will still see the wine and cheese crowd. Most of the gangbangers are priced out of a regular season game.

I know this game was bad, but there is a ton of misplaced blame from the media right now. This is NOT typical of a Niner crowd (Ive had season tickets for 18 years). This IS however typical of a Niner-Raider preseason game (sans the shootings).
I agree, mostly. I have also been a season ticket holder for 20 years, and until last year I hadn't ever even gone to a preseason game. I went to one last year, and went to the game Sat. night as well. There really is a HUGE difference between the crowds at the preseason games. Most Niner season ticket holders don't go to the games. Through all the years I didn't go, I either gave my tickets to people I know, that aren't idiots, or I just ate 'em. I never sell my tickets to the other teams fans, or scalp them. Unfortunately, I guess that's not what most Niner season ticket holders do. That being said, there's been more fights in the stands at ALL Niner games in the last 5 years, in my opinion. Now, I can handle myself, but it still sucks that we should even be having this discussion. Come on people, if you can't handle your liquor, don't drink, and if football is worth fighting over, get a life!!!
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Where can I get tickets for that?

Originally posted by Joecool:
The fights happened because Alex Smith played well. The Alex haters and the Alexcusers threw down.
Then Apparently the Alexcusers won.

Now would be a fun photoshop opportunity with chat bubbles on each guy fighting and something to do with Alex Smith. Or have Alex walking through like "Haters gonna hate" while the dudes are fighting.
ITS GANG RELATED!!!! This has nothing to do with Niner fans vs Raider fans
Ruck the Faiders
If you were there like I was and saw the amount of absolute stupidity from fans of both teams, plus the other morons who were cheering them all on, you would welcome this decision. I would much rather have another game on the schedule where the football was the thing to watch, not a bunch of drunken brawls.

This seems to happen less if it were at the Oakland Coliseum. But that could be that not as many Niners fans would go there to watch the game than Raiders fans would go to Candlestick to watch the game.
Good
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
If you were there like I was and saw the amount of absolute stupidity from fans of both teams, plus the other morons who were cheering them all on, you would welcome this decision. I would much rather have another game on the schedule where the football was the thing to watch, not a bunch of drunken brawls.

Raiders gonna Raid
It's really a shame. I went to the 9er/raider preseason game like 5 years ago and thought it was really fun. It seemed pretty good natured when i was there. All the fans were mixed up and the trash talking was heavy, but pretty light hearted and fun. I even saw couples wearing opposite gear. It was a little thuggy, but it still seemed like a fun, relatively friendly rivalry.

I'm sad to see that's gone away.
Share 49ersWebzone