LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

BATTLE OF THE BAY CANCELED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by King49er:
Was Angel05 really still bitter from being booted off the Zone that he had to go shooting the place up?? Way to go Angel05..

partially not funny, and definitely too soon.
its sucks that it was gang related. I never knew our rivalry anyway? there in the AFC and were In The NFC
Originally posted by JD81:
Originally posted by elhebrewhammer:
Good.

This game should be cancelled. Too many gangbangers looking to fight and cause problems. A lot of the violence had nothing to do with football. I know, I was almost apart of it and I didn't want anything to do with it, but might have had no choice.

This is NOT a Raider fan problem. They didn't bring any violence to SF anymore than SF fans brought. I saw plenty of Niner fans fighting eachother and Raider fans fighthing eachother.

The reality is, for a preseason game, the tickets are cheap and all the people who are just there to party and "represent" are there and hardly anyone cares about the game. The worst of both "fans" show up to this game.

You are dead on.

BUT one thing is semi-overlooked here.....

The majority of the 49er gameday crowd (Raider game or OTHERWISE) is a bad crowd anyways. So many young, dumb, and drunken fans who are there repping the 49ers because of the Red color.

We're turning into Raider fans, people....If we aren't already. We brought this on ourselves.

The stereotype of the "Wine and cheese crowd," is dead. Now, we're gun-toting, gangbanging, drunken morons. Great. I'd much rather be classified as an old man who drinks wine and complains when people stand up in front of me at games.

I disagree with this. There is a HUUUUGE difference between a preaseason crowd and a regular season crowd.....and there is an even BIGGER difference between a preseason battle of the bay crowd and a regular season crowd. Come to a regular season game. You will still see the wine and cheese crowd. Most of the gangbangers are priced out of a regular season game.

I know this game was bad, but there is a ton of misplaced blame from the media right now. This is NOT typical of a Niner crowd (Ive had season tickets for 18 years). This IS however typical of a Niner-Raider preseason game (sans the shootings).
that's f**king lame
Originally posted by YungAce:
that's f**king lame

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
not fake but ghey
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
I disagree with this. There is a HUUUUGE difference between a preaseason crowd and a regular season crowd.....and there is an even BIGGER difference between a preseason battle of the bay crowd and a regular season crowd. Come to a regular season game. You will still see the wine and cheese crowd. Most of the gangbangers are priced out of a regular season game.

I know this game was bad, but there is a ton of misplaced blame from the media right now. This is NOT typical of a Niner crowd (Ive had season tickets for 18 years). This IS however typical of a Niner-Raider preseason game (sans the shootings).

You have that element at every game, but its not that bad and usually never escalates the way it did on Saturday. I agree with you.

It shouldn't be a shock it happened at this game.
I am embarrassed as an NFL fan. We really aren't mature enough to watch a game together?
Good news. Although i enjoy watching the Niners kick the s**t out of the Raiders yearly..this years game got waaaaay out of hand. The fanbases for both teams get pretty heated during these games..and the fact that at it preseason and a lot of these fans are getting cheap or free tickets=what we saw at the stick on Saturday.

The regular season meetings of these teams do not come close to the circus we saw at the stick this past weekend..I witnesses Raider fans cussing and talking trash like they own the place..there were little kids around and they didnt care. That douchebag with the facepaint and Skullman on the back of his jersey was flipping everyone off in our section. Sad.
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
I am embarrassed as an NFL fan. We really aren't mature enough to watch a game together?

Simple, I blame it on the economy and years and years of suckage.

Originally posted by 76Razor:
Originally posted by JD81:
You are dead on.

BUT one thing is semi-overlooked here.....

The majority of the 49er gameday crowd (Raider game or OTHERWISE) is a bad crowd anyways. So many young, dumb, and drunken fans who are there repping the 49ers because of the Red color.

We're turning into Raider fans, people....If we aren't already. We brought this on ourselves.

The stereotype of the "Wine and cheese crowd," is dead. Now, we're gun-toting, gangbanging, drunken morons. Great. I'd much rather be classified as an old man who drinks wine and complains when people stand up in front of me at games.
yeah, someone on knbr this morning basically said that there is a reason things like this happen at candlestick, the coliseum and dodger stadium: run down facilities with no police presence. he also stated that "creating a family friendly environment will result in friendly and family oriented fans". he used at&t as an example of that. although i've seen fights at at&t, the are minor and not life threatening brawls.
This is absolutely true. And there is no better example then Philly. Someone in this thread even jokingly said they "expected something like this to happen in Philly not here".

The difference is, back at the Vet, for Eagles and Phillies games, it WAS a crazy atmosphere and anything could go down.

However both Citizen's Bank and The Linc are fantastic new facilities, which are clean, nice, family friendly, have much better parking and encourage a very different vibe than the Vet ever did. Sure, in the cheap seats there are still some drunken diehards, but it's NOTHING like it used to be back at the Vet.

Your fans who attend the game will reflect the money and effort your put into your stadium and the world around it in order to attract a certain consumer.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
this would never happen in the lingerie football league.

Where can I get tickets for that?
The fights happened because Alex Smith played well. The Alex haters and the Alexcusers threw down.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Joecool:
The fights happened because Alex Smith played well. The Alex haters and the Alexcusers threw down.

They shot me.
  • Jiks
Probably gonna get thrashed for saying this but ohh well. I actually said something about this last week oddly enough:

Well when you have fans that boo a QB/human being to belittle him and make him feel completely like s**t, what do you expect? A person who has never caused any trouble and has donated a tremendous amount to charities. When it goes beyond football, a game, then you get these results. Humanity at it's finest. People don't think about their actions to the person they are booing/taunting/heckling so fourth. They don't realize the damage they are inflicting. Even on this board if some people said some of the stuff they say to peoples faces I guarentee you they would get shot or at least beat up.

To say this accident is tragic, then boo a guy the next week only to belittle him is contradictive. "Ohh it's ok to to try to ruin Alex's life, but this is sad". I just don't see the difference. And agian I'm probably going to get it for saying this, but I beilieve it all ties together with the way we act, and excuse the way we act, just cause the cirmucmstances are a little different.
Share 49ersWebzone