LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 204 users in the forums

BATTLE OF THE BAY CANCELED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The Niners are making the same mistake again. They're selling seats for this Saturday's game for next to nothing. That's how the thugs got in the last time. That's how they'll get in this time.

Filling the stands should not be as important as filling the stands with the right kind of people. By this I mean filling the stands with families -- not gangsters looking for a fight.

If this means a half-full stadium for a couple of games -- so be it. The more wackos you allow in -- the less safe it is.

For me -- cost is not the overriding issue of attendance. Overall play is. The fans will come back, and in a big hurry, if the team starts winning again.

But if you make Candlemistake an unsafe place to be on Sunday afternoons, you're doing some long-term damage there.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
The Niners are making the same mistake again. They're selling seats for this Saturday's game for next to nothing. That's how the thugs got in the last time. That's how they'll get in this time.

Filling the stands should not be as important as filling the stands with the right kind of people. By this I mean filling the stands with families -- not gangsters looking for a fight.

If this means a half-full stadium for a couple of games -- so be it. The more wackos you allow in -- the less safe it is.

For me -- cost is not the overriding issue of attendance. Overall play is. The fans will come back, and in a big hurry, if the team starts winning again.

But if you make Candlemistake an unsafe place to be on Sunday afternoons, you're doing some long-term damage there.

I'll bet it won't be nearly what it was last week simply because its vs the Texans and not the Raiders. I'm not saying Raider fans were the problem because both fanbases should be ashamed of what happened, but I doubt you see anything like last week for this game.

If I'm wrong, I'll come back on here on Sunday and admit it.
Originally posted by elhebrewhammer:

I'll bet it won't be nearly what it was last week simply because its vs the Texans and not the Raiders. I'm not saying Raider fans were the problem because both fanbases should be ashamed of what happened, but I doubt you see anything like last week for this game.

No, I think you're right. I agree with you. But you still open up the door to the less-than-desirables.

You shouldn't just fill the seats to fill the seats. That's what the team is doing.

What they should do is give away entire blocks of unsold tickets to charitable organizations like the boy scouts/girl scouts and take the next step and charter buses for them.

That's better than watching two drunk dudes punch each other in the face.

No, I think you're right. I agree with you. But you still open up the door to the less-than-desirables.

You shouldn't just fill the seats to fill the seats. That's what the team is doing.

What they should do is give away entire blocks of unsold tickets to charitable organizations like the boy scouts/girl scouts and take the next step and charter buses for them.

Dude get over it with the gang stuff, even the SF police said themselves that they don't think it was gang violence.

I would bet that there wouldn't be a single fight that night !.....why... because the raider fans won't be starting crap
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Dude get over it with the gang stuff, even the SF police said themselves that they don't think it was gang violence.

I would bet that there wouldn't be a single fight that night !.....why... because the raider fans won't be starting crap

You have been telling several people to get over the gang stuff for a couple of days now...perhaps it is you that needs to get over it?

Some of us live in a universe for adults where we don't group Raider fans altogether as the Bad Guy
http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2011/08/49ers_and_raiders_jed_york_jim_mecurio.php

I guess you haven't met a Raider fan.
On Saturday, there were 4,700 spectators -- one-third the usual crowd. Yet SFPD increased its security by 10 percent, anticipating unruly fans. When the fights started, SFPD called in even more officers, increasing security by 40 percent compared to an average game, he said. Suhr wouldn't say how many officers were on the ground, so as to not reveal officer placement

What did they do, increase from 10 cops to 14? No excuse for any fight at a stadium to last as long those that were posted on You Tube.
Share 49ersWebzone