There are 242 users in the forums

BATTLE OF THE BAY CANCELED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
If they don't sell out, they will drop the price. When they drop the price, more trash will come in. So the fans will probably be louder and much more rowdy than a normal reg season game.

BTw I read that the stick doesnt even have metal detectors? WTF?

Not true.
  • boqi
  • Veteran
Battle of the Bay being cancelled is unequivocally a good thing! No more suck vs suck.
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Not true.

Lol yes it is true. There are no metal detectors at Candlestick.
I don't know if it's true, but they just said on NFL network that they're not allowing tailgating before or after games at candlestick for the rest of the season.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by mug0mug:
I don't know if it's true, but they just said on NFL network that they're not allowing tailgating before or after games at candlestick for the rest of the season.

Its during and after games.
Originally posted by susweel:

Ah, that's more reasonable
Originally posted by 9erred:
Thanks Goodness. Can you imagine the security at the regular season game of raiders vs niners.???

I hope the Raiders move back to Los Angeles

I believe raiders move to Los Angeles becomes a reality, when was the last time they sold out a game?
Tailgating before and after all games has also been cancelled.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Tailgating before and after all games has also been cancelled.

Baloney.

During games is stupid . . . I can understand after if you want to wait for traffic to disperse. I've done that a few times. But, yeah I think eliminating during and post-game tailgating is a good idea.

that's rough. I wonder if it was more niner or raider fans doing it.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

During games is stupid . . . I can understand after if you want to wait for traffic to disperse. I've done that a few times. But, yeah I think eliminating during and post-game tailgating is a good idea.

I bet it will be a league wide thing soon.
  • dj43
Originally posted by elhebrewhammer:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
The reason the stick doesn't get loud is because we have some weak ass fans. everytime I stand up and get super loud on 3rd down on defense someone behind me will tell me to sit down. I don't listen to them though and I stay loud the whoe game. Evrytime I go to a game I lose my voice.

I hate the fans who cheer when we are on offense and in the huddle or at the line. Man, that annoys me.

Over the past 10 years, the demographics of 49er fans have changed dramatically. Prior to 2000 or so, the overwhelming majority of season ticket holders were WW2 vets and Baby Boomers. They were dyed-in-the-wool football fans, and very knowledgeable, and very civil in their behavior. There were occasional fights but nothing like in the past decade.

Now, as those people have gotten older and find the rigors of getting to their seats in the stadium too much for them, many of their seats have been taken over by younger fans who seem more interested in getting drunk than watching the game, the behavior has taken a turn for the worse. Though some of them are knowledgeable fans who know when to cheer and when to be quiet, it is my observation that they are far less knowledgeable than the people who sat around us in the '90s and before.
Ban all raiders fans..... Solves all problems.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by elhebrewhammer:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
The reason the stick doesn't get loud is because we have some weak ass fans. everytime I stand up and get super loud on 3rd down on defense someone behind me will tell me to sit down. I don't listen to them though and I stay loud the whoe game. Evrytime I go to a game I lose my voice.

I hate the fans who cheer when we are on offense and in the huddle or at the line. Man, that annoys me.

Over the past 10 years, the demographics of 49er fans have changed dramatically. Prior to 2000 or so, the overwhelming majority of season ticket holders were WW2 vets and Baby Boomers. They were dyed-in-the-wool football fans, and very knowledgeable, and very civil in their behavior. There were occasional fights but nothing like in the past decade.

Now, as those people have gotten older and find the rigors of getting to their seats in the stadium too much for them, many of their seats have been taken over by younger fans who seem more interested in getting drunk than watching the game, the behavior has taken a turn for the worse. Though some of them are knowledgeable fans who know when to cheer and when to be quiet, it is my observation that they are far less knowledgeable than the people who sat around us in the '90s and before.

This is so true, many of the older fans are gone. And the younger fans are very rowdy and also the gang element (norteneos) is very much in play.
Share 49ersWebzone