There are 178 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

OFFICIAL: 49ers vs. Ravens 2011 Thanksgiving Showdown thread

Hey everybody,

Yes, it's insanely early to start a Thanksgiving day game thread but I'm making the trek down from Jersey to see Harbaugh vs. Harbaugh.

Started this thread to see who else is going to be supporting the red and gold in Baltimore and if anyone has had any luck with tickets yet (stubhub really pricey for meh seats).

Excited to see the 49ers first Thanksgiving game since 1972 (first ever in my lifetime).
last time I checked a decently priced ticket was like 250ish.. still looking.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
last time I checked a decently priced ticket was like 250ish.. still looking.

Yep same here. I'm hoping as it gets closer to the game prices drop due to it being on a holiday and not being a rivalry game.

You know if it was BAL/PITT people would be coming out on the holiday but I doubt they're going to make much of an effort for SF/BAL.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Yep same here. I'm hoping as it gets closer to the game prices drop due to it being on a holiday and not being a rivalry game.

You know if it was BAL/PITT people would be coming out on the holiday but I doubt they're going to make much of an effort for SF/BAL.
You could be right, I have family in that area and people either love the redskins or the steelers, the ravens are like 2nd rate lol.

I'll keep this thread in my favorites, I'm hoping I can go !!
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
You could be right, I have family in that area and people either love the redskins or the steelers, the ravens are like 2nd rate lol.

I'll keep this thread in my favorites, I'm hoping I can go !!
Sounds good
Cant wait, Feast + Niners
I live in the Baltimore area and already have my tickets!! Woot Woot!!
Working on getting my tickets for this game. Who else is going and does anyone know of any way to get decently priced tickets?

Stubhub is insanely high right now.
This game has all the makings of a turkey dinner. Family get togeather with the Harbaugh brothers, both teams expected to be in the playoffs. Both are physical hard hitting teams. This should be a very good game and what a way to end a feast with the Niners winning this game. I have been waiting for this game since it was announced.
Getting some flack from the girlfriend about going to the game. Apparently she thinks "seeing her family is more important". Normally I wouldn't get owned like this but we did fly out to SF on christmas day morning in '09 for a SF/DET game so I gotta give her this one. Plus the extra cash can go towards my prep for a west coast trip in the event that we make the playoffs.
who is the other turkey?
I am going, still working the tickets issue though. I am surprised the tix are not everywhere being its thanksgiving.

Coordinate a tailgate though.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I am going, still working the tickets issue though. I am surprised the tix are not everywhere being its thanksgiving.

Coordinate a tailgate though.

If things change and I end up being able to go, we'll def coordinate a tailgate. If I can't swing going to either this or the skins game I'm gonna be pissed, although I did get to see them come back and take down Philly earlier this month live.
I'll be there in a sea of friends who are going to be unfortunate Ravens fans that day. It will stink for them to feed me thanksgiving dinner and then watch us beat them. I've been calling a win since I found out we would play eachother, way before we proved to be good this year. Just can't count out an Older Brother vs. his younger brother. I'm sure Jim has been beating John his whole life. Should be a great game. And yeah tickets were pricey. Thanksgiving plus the Harbowl has had the prices sky high since the schedule came out.