There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

gore frustrated *Edit - Signed Extension on 8/30 - 3 years: May no longer be frustrated.*

I'm glad that Gore received an extra dose of cash, given his productivity and mileage, I say he deserves it. Mr. Gore has been very good to us, I'm glad that we returned the favor.

It's nice to see us acting like Uncle Eddie's football team again.
Either you are attempting to post from an outside domain or your firewall/anti-virus software does not allow HTTP_REFERER to be seen. If you have firewall/anti-virus software or hardware installed, check with your firewall/anti-virus vender to learn how to enable this feature.
Originally posted by susweel:
Not a good trend every year the games played goes down. Bad move Baalke by extending Gore, you will be regretting this move in a year. You continue to disappoint me Baalke.

So, basically what your saying is that number of posts' doesn't actually equate to knowing what you're talking about?
  • ACUK
  • Veteran
I was worried the new contract was going to be over three years, I think Frank will be productive for two more years, I don't think he will be getting as many carries this year as the last few years.
Big surprise. Another stupid deal in a season full of stupid deals. Baalke is trash. But as we know, the Yorkies didn't want to pony up for a real GM.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Eric_Branch Eric Branch
Gore said he still carries chip on shoulder from being 3rd-round pick. Ticked off names of RBs drafted before him, including Eric Shelton.

Eric_Branch Eric Branch
Gore actually named every RB drafted ahead of him (R. Brown, C. Williams, Benson, J.J. Arrington and Eric Shelton)

thats very tom brady-ish, i like it
Originally posted by kray28:
Big surprise. Another stupid deal in a season full of stupid deals. Baalke is trash. But as we know, the Yorkies didn't want to pony up for a real GM.

they so cheep!

What are you talking about?
Originally posted by English:

He is saying it was a dumb move to sign Gore and Baalke is not fit to be GM and the Yorks dont want to pay a real GM.
Frank Gore previous contract was 4 years 28 million with 6.5 million signing bonus This contract is 3 years 21 million

He is saying it was a dumb move to sign Gore and Baalke is not fit to be GM and the Yorks dont want to pay a real GM.

they're so cheap they'd rather pay a fake GM who hands out huge undeserved contracts than pay a real GM.

...I'm understanding this, right?

No I got that bit. But what is it about this deal that supports that argument?
Originally posted by valrod33:
Frank Gore previous contract was 4 years 28 million with 6.5 million signing bonus This contract is 3 years 21 million

i posted this somewhere in this thread, but if you add up his two contracts (not sure what his rookie contract was), we basically will have paid Gore, for his career:

8 years, 49 million, with 26 guaranteed.

couple of things: 1) 49 2) maybe the third contract was high, but overall, that number, for the player Gore is, and compared to what other RB's have gotten over the years, is pretty reasonable, IMO. If we had signed him to that exact deal after 2006 I think we would have all been stoked.

Bad move to extend an injury prone aging running back. We could have drafted a rookie who probably could have been the same or even better. This team is in full rebuilding mode and paying a guy like Frank only prolongs the process.

Bad move to extend an injury prone aging running back. We could have drafted a rookie who probably could have been the same or even better. This team is in full rebuilding mode and paying a guy like Frank only prolongs the process.

1) full rebuilding mode implies stripping the roster down for draft picks and starting over. If the team was looking to trade Patrick Willis, we'd be in full rebuilding mode.
2) It is silly to say that the owners are too cheap to pay a "real GM" so they hired a guy with a penchant for handing out big, stupid contracts. If their entire goal was saving money, they would have hired Baalke with the understanding to never hand out big contracts. If the problem with the Gore contract is that it pays him too much money, I think the entire "owners are cheap" argument doesn't work.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

1) full rebuilding mode implies stripping the roster down for draft picks and starting over. If the team was looking to trade Patrick Willis, we'd be in full rebuilding mode.
2) It is silly to say that the owners are too cheap to pay a "real GM" so they hired a guy with a penchant for handing out big, stupid contracts. If their entire goal was saving money, they would have hired Baalke with the understanding to never hand out big contracts. If the problem with the Gore contract is that it pays him too much money, I think the entire "owners are cheap" argument doesn't work.

Im not saying the owner are cheap but I do think they are afraid to bring someone from the outside who would probably cause a major shake up.