There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

gore frustrated *Edit - Signed Extension on 8/30 - 3 years: May no longer be frustrated.*

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

lol Nolan is petting him a like a dog.

lol thats hella ugly hahaha
Originally posted by HessianDud:
i have a Goreboner.

Just pray it doesnt get injured soon. The Goreboner that is.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
i have a Goreboner.

I'm more concerned about it following Moran Norris wherever he goes
i have a Goreboner.

I'm more concerned about it following Moran Norris wherever he goes

Question:

Would you rather have had AL GORE as PRESIDENT and REGGIE BUSH as RB....?

or

the way it panned out...?

Not a good trend every year the games played goes down. Bad move Baalke by extending Gore, you will be regretting this move in a year. You continue to disappoint me Baalke.

You disappoint everyone on this forum.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Not a good trend every year the games played goes down. Bad move Baalke by extending Gore, you will be regretting this move in a year. You continue to disappoint me Baalke.

And your a nobody in every forum.

Actually it was a great move by Baalke.

And your a nobody in every forum.

So you are saying you are a somebody?
So you are saying you are a somebody?

no
Originally posted by valrod33:
When's the last time Gore played an entire 16 game schedule ?

games played by year

05-14
06-16
07-15
08-14
09-14
10-11

He has had 1 major injury in the last 6 years (last year) - considering he consistently faced 8 in the box, is the best blitz-picking RB and top 3 pass-catching RB - he has been pretty damn healthy. Yes, ppl like to point out his injuries in college - but that was so long ago - it doesn't really matter anymore. In fact, he didn't have the same wear-and-tear on his body when he entered the NFL as many other RBs do. Gore will play well for at least another 2-3 years - and because he is so versatile - he can play as a damn good 3rd down back late in his career.

Great signing any way you slice it.
Originally posted by crabman82:
paul hofer played 12 games in 1981 for the 49ers, gettin 60 carries for 193 yards according to nfl.com.....i fail to see where walsh cut ties with him prior to a sb season

lol, and according to wikipedia he wasn't cut at all, he retired.

Hofer was the primary running back for the team. He was badly injured in 1980 if my memory serves me right. The guy was a 1,000 yard plus rusher for us. By '81, he was an afterthought. His knee was done. He was finished. Guys and gals -- they didn't have the kind of fancy surgery back then. When you hurt your knee, you were done.

And yes he may have retired. That's the option that players chose back then when the only option they had back then was getting cut or placed on waivers.

It was a different era. Hofer is still bitter about the way he was treated. He was the "Frank Gore" of that moment in time. It's just that his career wasn't as long. But he was the primary threat on a terrible team, much like Gore is today.

Point is -- what Bill Walsh did -- while wrong to Hofer -- was right for the team. That is the point I'm trying to make.

I don't think Gore is worth that kind of cash.

Which is why I picked up Kendall Hunter in the 12th round of our fantasy football draft tonight.
i have a Goreboner.

Seriously. Knock on wood...
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by crabman82:
paul hofer played 12 games in 1981 for the 49ers, gettin 60 carries for 193 yards according to nfl.com.....i fail to see where walsh cut ties with him prior to a sb season

lol, and according to wikipedia he wasn't cut at all, he retired.

Hofer was the primary running back for the team. He was badly injured in 1980 if my memory serves me right. The guy was a 1,000 yard plus rusher for us. By '81, he was an afterthought. His knee was done. He was finished. Guys and gals -- they didn't have the kind of fancy surgery back then. When you hurt your knee, you were done.

And yes he may have retired. That's the option that players chose back then when the only option they had back then was getting cut or placed on waivers.

It was a different era. Hofer is still bitter about the way he was treated. He was the "Frank Gore" of that moment in time. It's just that his career wasn't as long. But he was the primary threat on a terrible team, much like Gore is today.

Point is -- what Bill Walsh did -- while wrong to Hofer -- was right for the team. That is the point I'm trying to make.

I don't think Gore is worth that kind of cash.

Which is why I picked up Kendall Hunter in the 12th round of our fantasy football draft tonight.

Do you know Hofer or something?
Originally posted by billbird2111:
The guy was a 1,000 yard plus rusher for us.

He never rushed for 1000 yards in a season, he had 1700 yards for his career, lulz