There are 454 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

gore frustrated *Edit - Signed Extension on 8/30 - 3 years: May no longer be frustrated.*

Originally posted by Joecool:
Great! Now he won't be so mad when we cut Norris. Please let that happen.

weve done it before we will do it again
Originally posted by valrod33:

Didn't you hear? His contract had a clause that said Norris must be retained!
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by valrod33:

Didn't you hear? His contract had a clause that said Norris must be retained!
LOL at the thread's title change.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
LOL at the thread's title change.

I'm trying to prevent any butthurtedness.
http://sfo.scout.com/2/1101195.html

Gore’s deal pays him well and gives him security, because 28-year-old running backs that have absorbed the NFL wear and tear that Gore has can go down at any time. It is not the best deal he could have received. Gore probably is worth more, based on what he has accomplished by NFL standards and what he means to the 49ers, and big NFL contracts often reward players for what they have done in the past regardless of what they will do in the future.

No, the big winners here are the 49ers, who didn’t have to give in to the type of ridiculous contract numbers that Carolina this year awarded DeAngelo Williams, a good running back, but not one that has reached the elite level of Gore. Niners general manager Trent Baalke, who is in the job stage of trying to establish himself among his NFL peers, can say he stood firm against the demands of a hard-line agent but still got the deal done with San Francisco’s best offensive player.
It's official. Frank Gore just signed a 3-year contract extension through 2014 with the #49ers.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

lolol
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Gore-Signs-Through-2014/00b39659-4b16-4dff-ba9c-3da9cc9fe579
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by crabman82:
paul hofer played 12 games in 1981 for the 49ers, gettin 60 carries for 193 yards according to nfl.com.....i fail to see where walsh cut ties with him prior to a sb season

lol, and according to wikipedia he wasn't cut at all, he retired.

He had just returned from a bad knee injury and, I believe, his first game back, he tore it up again on a run along the sideline. He retired after that.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
We just dumped $20 million in the lap of Ray McDonald, so I guess in Niner Dollars $21 million for Gore is a bargain.

Gore has been one of the great, classy guys in recent 49ers history. He has stuck with this ridiculous team throughout his career. Gore has never played in a playoff game, but always gave best effort. Although I don't believe this is a move that improves the team (since he was already on it), since we weren't going to spend the cap money on difference-making free agents, we might as well give it to the best players already on our roster.

Good for you, Frank.

We should have waited to agree on the contract a day before the SEA game.

Didn't want to show SEA that we were going to use him.
We should have waited to agree on the contract a day before the SEA game.

Didn't want to show SEA that we were going to use him.