There are 167 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

gore frustrated *Edit - Signed Extension on 8/30 - 3 years: May no longer be frustrated.*

Originally posted by jdt84_2:
So how much. This is one if my let peeves of the new uncluttered zone. This is big news deserving of its own thread. Instead edit the title and force someone to filter through meaningless posts to try and find the info.

I agree. Too much merging and editing on the zone. The theory is that it makes it more streamlined but I disagree. Keep it simple and just create a new thread for Gore's extension. All I am saying is people are way overthinking sometimes. It's not the end of the world if there are excess threads floating around.
Originally posted by goodthings19:
So how much. This is one if my let peeves of the new uncluttered zone. This is big news deserving of its own thread. Instead edit the title and force someone to filter through meaningless posts to try and find the info.

I agree. Too much merging and editing on the zone. The theory is that it makes it more streamlined but I disagree. Keep it simple and just create a new thread for Gore's extension. All I am saying is people are way overthinking sometimes. It's not the end of the world if there are excess threads floating around.

When the OP edited the title he should have included the contract info in the first post. Bad edit job. We dont need another thread
Originally posted by valrod33:

When the OP edited the title he should have included the contract info in the first post. Bad edit job. We dont need another thread

Wait, is Gore still frustrated and agreeing to a contract he's not completely happy about? Title kind of points to that.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Glad it was taking care of. Clearly he wanted to stay but wanted security. He obviously wasn't trying to be greedy based on the modest contract numbers. Well deserved.

I think the "frustration" and all that "tension" that we heard about was completely overblown. If things were as bad as they sounded a couple of days ago, a single sit-down chat wouldn't have produced a contract that seems so totally fair to all sides. I don't doubt that Gore was "frustrated," but I don't think it was at the level that we were kind of lead to believe.

Anyway, like you said, glad its done. For all his bad reputation, we seem to get things accomplished with Rosenhaus.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Wait, is Gore still frustrated and agreeing to a contract he's not completely happy about? Title kind of points to that.

All of you - the edits were my fault. I have now edited the thread title and OP. My apologies for any confusion.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
All of you - the edits were my fault. I have now edited the thread title and OP. My apologies for any confusion.

"may no longer be frustrated"

Originally posted by Joecool:

[ Edited by Joecool on Aug 31, 2011 at 9:15 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I love, Fwankie. This should give Hunter and Dixon enough marinating to step in as the starter in 3 years.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Aug 31, 2011 at 9:44 AM ]

Its okay just don't let it happen again.

[Rotfl]
Maiocco: Gore extension is right move for 49ers

Running back Frank Gore is a versatile and talented player.Off the field, he might be the worst player on the 49ers when it comes to hiding his emotions.
Through the first four weeks of training camp, it was easy to tell that something was eating at Gore, the team's resident worrywart.
But Gore was considerably more upbeat on Tuesday as he discussed his contract situation. And the reason soon became apparent. Gore and the 49ers were on the verge of agreeing on a three-year, $21 million contract extension that includes $13.5 million in guaranteed money.
The uncertainty of not having a contract for 2012 was affecting Gore -- off the field -- as the 2011 regular season approached. He said he wanted the new deal so he could concentrate exclusively on football. Gore is expected to officially sign the contract on Wednesday.
And with a deal that runs through the 2014 season, Gore has no reason to be apprehensive about his future for a while.
This is a move that plays well in the 49ers' locker room. The 49ers have drafted three Pro Bowl players in recent seasons. The organization took care of linebacker Patrick Willis and tight end Vernon Davis with lucrative extensions last year.

The 49ers showed this offseason that they were just fine with some roster turnover. They failed to step up to re-sign center David Baas, linebacker Manny Lawson or nose tackle Aubrayo Franklin.
But Gore was not viewed as some disposable part. He epitomizes what the team wants from the other 52 players in the locker room.
"He's a great teammate and a great leader and, obviously, a very crucial part of what we do on offense," 49ers left tackle Joe Staley said.
What makes Gore special is his single-minded drive to be the best all-around running back in the game. He is closing in on the 49ers' all-time rushing record. He has also led the 49ers in receptions during his career.
But Gore is also willing to do the thankless aspects of his job, most notably his role in picking up blitzes as a pass-protector.
"All his teammates notice it and appreciate it," 49ers quarterback Alex Smith said.
And you can be sure that all his teammates noticed the 49ers took care of a player who has done all the right things.
Read more: Maiocco: Gore extension is right move for 49ers
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story
[ Edited by valrod33 on Aug 31, 2011 at 10:04 AM ]
Originally posted by HessianDud:

"may no longer be frustrated"

that is the ONLY reason i even came in here.
But Gore is also willing to do the thankless aspects of his job, most notably his role in picking up blitzes as a pass-protector.

"All his teammates notice it and appreciate it," 49ers quarterback Alex Smith said.

And you can be sure that all his teammates noticed the 49ers took care of a player who has done all the right things.

You could say that this is a business and that the Gore deal is not a good "business decision" because maybe it was made with "emotion," or was based on "past performance" or whatever, but I think this quote from the Maiocco article really sums up why it could be a good business decision. Frank Gore exhibits what you want from a football player, and by being taken care of, other players can follow his example knowing that if they do so, they are likely to be taken care of as well.
Happy fo Franky Go
[ Edited by RichmondPete on Aug 31, 2011 at 10:07 AM ]
Great! Now he won't be so mad when we cut Norris. Please let that happen.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I love, Fwankie. This should give Hunter and Dixon enough marinating to step in as the starter in 3 years.

We are going to marinate Dixon and Hunter? Sauce!