LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 299 users in the forums

gore frustrated *Edit - Signed Extension on 8/30 - 3 years: May no longer be frustrated.*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Gore may demand a trade soon as per Maiocco and PFT on Twitter.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/21/with-gore-niners-far-apart-trade-request-could-be-next/

A-f**king-men, ship him off to Philly with Mays for Asante + a 4th.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Gore needs to STFU already.The dudes been handed everything since he's been here including a previous contract extension and misses games every year due to his injuries.NFL running backs are a dime a dozen.Just play out your contract.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
You can tell, cause he's been horribly pedestrian thus far in preseason. -Slipping, missing pass-protection stunts.

Well if he truly wants to get paid, I hope for his sake he turns it on. Nobody will want a mediocre back at the price he is asking. This isn't 2007.
Originally posted by jreff22:
With Gore, Niners far apart, trade request could be next

Running back Frank Gore’s decision to conduct only a short holdout doesn’t mean he has abandoned his hope for a new long-term deal.
Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Gore wants DeAngelo Williams money. And since Gore hasn’t gotten what he wants, he’s getting frustrated.
Currently, the two sides are far apart. The situation has been described to PFT as “volatile,” and the next step could be a trade request.
Gore, 28, has gained more than 6,400 yards on the ground in six NFL seasons. He has a career rushing average of 4.7 yards per carry.
He’s due to earn $4.9 million in 2011, the final year of his contract.

per pft

wow, that f**king sucks. pay the man. if we trade him its gonna break my heart.
If he wants to make as much as he did playing at Miami, it's not gonna happen.
I haven't heard anything said from Gore. I would like to hear what he has to f**king say. Gore is traded and I'm going to be f**king pissed off.
Originally posted by cwilson830:
If he wants to make as much as he did playing at Miami, it's not gonna happen.

• islam
  • Veteran
Don't give him a new contract...let him walk! That's the smart football move!
Sounds to me like he is putting himself above the team. Time to trade him, we could get a 2nd and 3rd for him probably!
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
I'll brb, I'm going to get my pistol so I can blow my brains out. This thread makes me want to scream.

People flip out all offseason because we don't make any big name acquisitions, now all the sudden we want to LET GO of one of the elite RB's in the NFL? Are you serious? So he wants more money, the guy earned it, and we have the cap space! Gore is the all-around package, and you will not find another like him on the market. The new kids look alright so far, but none of them is half of what Frank Gore is.

If Frank doesn't play for us, we should be happy to win 6 games.

Originally posted by Janitor:
I'll brb, I'm going to get my pistol so I can blow my brains out. This thread makes me want to scream.

People flip out all offseason because we don't make any big name acquisitions, now all the sudden we want to LET GO of one of the elite RB's in the NFL? Are you serious? So he wants more money, the guy earned it, and we have the cap space! Gore is the all-around package, and you will not find another like him on the market. The new kids look alright so far, but none of them is half of what Frank Gore is.

well said.
What is his trade value?
  • mike
  • Veteran
It's a big DUH that he's frustrated, he did a holdout for nothing. I say give him a contract extension during the BYE week, and only if it's a damn good deal...He's 28 coming off of hip surgery. He's definitely at the tipping point in his career where he's got maybe 2 more solid seasons left. Rarely do they last longer than age 30.

Check out westbrook for example, who isn't even the grinder that gore is, at age 28 he signs a 5 year extension despite coming off of rib and ankle injuries the previous season(like gore signing now right after hip surgery), he has one more good year(2008), then in 2009 he only starts 8 games because of multiple concussions and other injuries.(and now he can't even find a job anywhere)

That's my fear with gore, that he'll kick ass this season and then be riddled with injuries next year.

I guess one solution to that is don't offer him a bunch of guaranteed money, offer him a bunch of incentives and such. But I'm betting his agent won't take a deal like that, they want to find the deal that'll pay his kids long after he's forced into retirement. I'd call any guaranteed money his "retirement package".
[ Edited by mike on Aug 21, 2011 at 12:25 PM ]
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Sing the guy already he has done all he can for this organization with what he had NO OLINE EVER. Give it to him he will still produce mark my words
Originally posted by Janitor:

Great Post
Share 49ersWebzone