LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

gore frustrated *Edit - Signed Extension on 8/30 - 3 years: May no longer be frustrated.*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You build a team from within and cannot buy championships, just ask the Redskins. Team chemistry makes success and Frank Gore is a key to that. Even if he doesn't perform at the level he did 3-5 years ago, he is still a valuable asset. Go back and read all the reports on how the intensity in training camp stepped up when Gore arrived about a week in. That right there should tell you the influence this guy has over the team. He has been a mainstay and has continued to perform at a high level when healthy. I believe we should pay him, but I don't think DeAngelo money is order.
Originally posted by Youngb:
You build a team from within and cannot buy championships, just ask the Redskins. Team chemistry makes success and Frank Gore is a key to that. Even if he doesn't perform at the level he did 3-5 years ago, he is still a valuable asset. Go back and read all the reports on how the intensity in training camp stepped up when Gore arrived about a week in. That right there should tell you the influence this guy has over the team. He has been a mainstay and has continued to perform at a high level when healthy. I believe we should pay him, but I don't think DeAngelo money is order.

Well I believe that's the reason why Ninertalk is acting up

I'm not sure how DeAngelo's contract works, but IMO we should pay him as much guaranteed moola for a year or two, then create a clause where he would have to earn the rest through incentives over the following few years.
[ Edited by YungAce on Aug 21, 2011 at 3:58 PM ]
man this is tough. i love Franky G., but if the deal he is seeking is going to handicap the 49ers organization money wise or prevent us from bring in needed talent at other positions of need, we all have to accept his departure via trade or playing out his contract. i have read lots of comments that suggest we should pay him for what his done for us in the past, i strongly disagree. in the NFL is about what you can offer moving forward period. i have the up most confidence in our coaching staff and scouts that we would find a replacement. everyone is expendable. will we miss him? yes, until his replacement starts tearing it up, makes me sad to say but it's truth.

GO 9ERS!
[ Edited by niners on Aug 21, 2011 at 4:00 PM ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Give the guy a lot of money for a 3 year contract, he is a leader and even in his decline he will be a solid part of the team and contribute.
They just had the phone conversation on NFL network, JH has the tone of "god i hate the media why am I even wasting my time" when he mentions its water cooler talk and they will deal with frank man to man.
Originally posted by 5280High:
They just had the phone conversation on NFL network, JH has the tone of "god i hate the media why am I even wasting my time" when he mentions its water cooler talk and they will deal with frank man to man.

That only works if you are winning. The media will destroy him with that attitude if we are losing.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Look at that fancy "Rumor" label on this thread.
Originally posted by Otter:
Look at that fancy "Rumor" label on this thread.

i came
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

That only works if you are winning. The media will destroy him with that attitude if we are losing.

who cares?
Unlike some, I believe dealing with the media is part of the job description. That's why talking to media, aka press confrences are manditory. I do think some reporters get carried away, but in general, the "paying fans" want to know.

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

The same attitude where he actually talked to the media about it? He didnt have to answer a reporters call at all. The point of the post was that from his tone, it sounds like a non-issue to him. If he were aggravated or short with the response, it would seem like a bigger deal. But he responded fully and very laid back, just with a tone like "man this must be a slow news day".
i call b******t on this whole situation. Gore is not that kind of guy.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Who needs Frank Gore when you have A-Dix and K-Hunt?

...Oh, we do.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
You never know with running backs. They seem to hit a wall and they are done. Other position players seem to gradually lose a little each year but RBs can be pretty good one season and the next look down right awful.

And that wall seems to get hit around the age of 28-30, and Frank is 28.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
We are sitting on a pile of money, so why not? We won't because ownership is cheap, and management is disasterous in taking care of their own. Niners' brass will be offered something fair in compensation, but will probably ask for 15 number one selections. When they don't find a partner, they will be shocked.

I smell Mass E-mail, Part II.

Nice job, Baalke. Way to piss off your best offensive player. Genius strikes again.

So you think we should give Gore DeAngelo Williams money. Allrighty then.

I remember a few years ago saying that we should trade him for what we can because he's not going to hold up much longer.
Share 49ersWebzone